The board have decided to downsize the club

CelticForever

They’ll blame the pandemic; they won’t admit that by never preparing our squad properly for Europe and by replacing Rodgers with a mediocre option, we’ve lost over £80M in revenue. Lennon knows he’s been kept on as no manager of stature would come in just to downsize our club.
They’ll lie and blackmail us until we invest in season tickets and hope that the noise dies down...and our emotional attachment to the club will enable it

Unfortunately we are gonny need to cut back cause of the covid anyway even if we were to win the league I still think being stuck in a shit league that's no got good telly deal it was always on the cards I'm afraid we need to no matter what mate
According to the Interim Accounts we have 20m in the bank. Have just offloaded Frimp and Oli for about another 15m. So we are hardly in the same boat as the PayDayLoans mob. Covid isn’t going to last forever - it simply cant. They have to quit with this restrictions crap sooner rather than later or the entire country will face utter economic ruin. So I’m not buying Covid as any excuse from this board of charlatans.
Qualifying for the group stages of the CL next year would be a huge financial boost. But with 35m in the bank what does this shower of cretins do? Zilch!!
If Lennon is still in charge by the time the qualifiers come around I fear for our chances of qualifying. And if the plan is to replace him why not do it now? What will be different in the summer? Will a ‘more decent’ manager come in then? Will we attract better players?
This current inactivity is simply the norm for a board who would rather sit on a pile of cash than invest in new management now.

They’ll blame the pandemic; they won’t admit that by never preparing our squad properly for Europe and by replacing Rodgers with a mediocre option, we’ve lost over £80M in revenue. Lennon knows he’s been kept on as no manager of stature would come in just to downsize our club.
They’ll lie and blackmail us until we invest in season tickets and hope that the noise dies down...and our emotional attachment to the club will enable it
We are already overloaded with younger players without any competitive football on offer whatsoever this season and already got a good few out on loan also.
I stated before I believed this was done in an attempt to restart a whole new "old firm" brand but serco scum still not in a position to do so, which in turn has left us so overloaded with young players and little chance of developing under our current coaching and management team.
It is an issue that needs to be addressed as it will just bleed finances without any real returns if improvements aren't made.
I do think it would be of great benefit to the club long term but answers are needed ASAP as to which direction the club takes for the future.
I will also claim serco scum had no intention of seeing through such a plan that would have been of great benefit for Scottish football leaving us with so many unhappy young player's with a very uncertain future.

I also think there'll be a degree of downsizing CF, but I don't find it too difficult to believe the pandemic is at least part of the cause. I don't think too many clubs, if any, will escape with their finances in the same shape as they were pre-pandemic.

Unless DD has a mind to finance any rebuild, we are stuck with trying too get decent cash for the players who want to move on, and, ( here's the worrying bit ) spending it wisely on ready-made replacements. Spending too much money on "works in progress" in recent times has led us to where we find ourselves now. The pandemic played at large part for sure. But so did lack of forward planning coupled with complacency. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
The downsizing started years ago, in Rodgers last season
I will always claim PL traitor had the vision of the rebirth of "The old firm" brand which he would have seen as a higher and more secure income than the speculation over income from CL football.
This would not have been the vision of BR snake as Europe would have been his main priority as would any new potential manager except for lenny puppet.

According to the Interim Accounts we have 20m in the bank. Have just offloaded Frimp and Oli for about another 15m. So we are hardly in the same boat as the PayDayLoans mob. Covid isn’t going to last forever - it simply cant. They have to quit with this restrictions crap sooner rather than later or the entire country will face utter economic ruin. So I’m not buying Covid as any excuse from this board of charlatans.
Qualifying for the group stages of the CL next year would be a huge financial boost. But with 35m in the bank what does this shower of cretins do? Zilch!!
If Lennon is still in charge by the time the qualifiers come around I fear for our chances of qualifying. And if the plan is to replace him why not do it now? What will be different in the summer? Will a ‘more decent’ manager come in then? Will we attract better players?
This current inactivity is simply the norm for a board who would rather sit on a pile of cash than invest in new management now.
The bank balance isn't a true reflection on where we are BB

Season ticket money is in bank, but the rest of the seasons wages/bill's have to be paid.
The next 6 months numbers will be significantly worse, as has always been the case.
The European money drops out, so other than matchday tickets or income which we don't have now due to Covid, it leaves us merchandise, so there is not much going to come in.
Hence the huns rattling thre begging bowls again.

In fairness to the Club, we are solid despite the '£35 million' spent on shite.
The Frimpong deal will likely go a long way to cover the shortfall between now and end of season.

The Club is in a precarious position re Season tickets for next year.
After the reserves are emptied, it needs topped up or we have cashflow issues.
Poor season sales and we may need to borrow.

I'd say you'll likely find that it'll be Lennon until end of season, decent manager in the mould of Clarke, gets best out of players and won't stamp feet over budget.
The wantaways and deadwood eg Edouard/Christie sold and a decent sized portion of that will be given to manager but nowhere near all of it.

I'd expect there to be a much tighter squad next season.

This is on the basis of us having solid financials, feck knows what the huns will show.
They have the benefit of European income for however long, but their financials will be another car crash. They won't give a feck though as they're on the cusp of a first trophy of note.
Cue party poppers and more confetti.
They still have Ashley who won't go away.

The next year will see a massive reorganisation at Celtic as we don't do confetti, we live by our means.

Last edited:
The bank balance isn't a true reflection on where we are BB

Season ticket money is in bank, but the rest of the seasons wages/bill's have to be paid.
The next 6 months numbers will be significantly worse, as has always been the case.
The European money drops out, so other then matchday tickets/merchandise, theres not much else coming in. Hence the huns rattling thre begging bowls again.

In fairness to the Club, we are solid despite the '£35 million' spent on shite.
The Frimpong deal will likely go a long way to cover the shortfall between now and end of season.

The Club is in a precarious position re Season tickets for next year.
After the reserves are emptied, it needs topped up or we have cashflow issues.
Poor season sales and we may need to borrow.

I'd say you'll likely find that it'll be Lennon until end of season, decent manager in the mould of Clarke, gets best out of players and won't stamp feet over budget.
The wantaways and deadwood eg Edouard/Christie sold and a decent sized portion of that will be given to manager but nowhere near all of it.

I'd expect there to be a much tighter squad next season.

This is on the basis of us having solid financials, feck knows what the huns will show.
They have the benefit of European income for however long, but their financials will will be another car crash. They won't give a feck though as they're on the cusp of a first trophy of note.
Cue party poppers and more confetti. But they still have Ashley that won't go away.

The next year will see a massive reorganisation at Celtic as we don't do confetti, we live by our means.
Sure STG I know the current balance won’t reflect where we are come season’s end. But compared to the manky mob, living on loans and gambling on CL qualification we are in decent shape. I don’t think a new management team would break the bank.
As for next season’s ST sales do you truly think they won’t fill the quota?
Come on...many will be reluctant to cancel for the reasons mentioned by CF and have said so on here. Any shortfall on the target will be eagerly lapped up by the waiting list. I have no worries they will sell out and that’s why they’re thumbing their noses at us.
They don’t want to make a ‘hasty and rash’ decision. No? Well they fkn have already made one rash decision and he’s still sitting in the dugout.
After I read Bankier’s statement I was so fkn angry at the patronizing bullshit I didn’t even want to type anything until I had calmed somewhat.
STs Dermot? Don’t worry the yobs will pay up so just ignore their whining.
😡😡😡

Sure STG I know the current balance won’t reflect where we are come season’s end. But compared to the manky mob, living on loans and gambling on CL qualification we are in decent shape. I don’t think a new management team would break the bank.
As for next season’s ST sales do you truly think they won’t fill the quota?
Come on...many will be reluctant to cancel for the reasons mentioned by CF and have said so on here. Any shortfall on the target will be eagerly lapped up by the waiting list. I have no worries they will sell out and that’s why they’re thumbing their noses at us.
They don’t want to make a ‘hasty and rash’ decision. No? Well they fkn have already made one rash decision and he’s still sitting in the dugout.
After I read Bankier’s statement I was so fkn angry at the patronizing bullshit I didn’t even want to type anything until I had calmed somewhat.
STs Dermot? Don’t worry the yobs will pay up so just ignore their whining.
😡😡😡
I agree in reards to the corporate speak, it's not what i wanted to hear either.
But to a point they are correct, a hasty and wrong decision could set us back years considering that any new man will require funds. If we spunk another load of money on shite, we're in trouble.
If supporters ran football clubs, we'd have 4 managers a season.
Right now i only care about their reaction to this season and getting the next appointment correct, we'll limp through till the end of the season and if lennon's in charge to see that through, then so be it. I don't blame him for this season although he's very culpable for mind fucking decisions.

As regards next season and season tickets, you don't have to have a great memory and go too far back to remember what happens when you have an uninspiring manager and aN uninspiring squad. A half empty stadium. The board will reap what they sow IMO

Last edited:
I agree in reards to the corporate speak, it's not what i wanted to hear either.
But to a point they are correct, a hasty and wrong decision could set us back years considering that any new man will require funds. If we spunk another load of money on shite, we're in trouble.
Right now i only care about their reaction to this season and getting the next appointment correct, we'll limp through till the end of the season and if lennon's in charge to see that through, then so be it. I don't blame him for this season although he's very culpable for mind fucking decisions.

As regards next season and season tickets, you don't have to have a great memory and go too far back to remember what happens when you have an uninspiring manager and a uninspiring squad. A half empty stadium. The board will reap what they sow IMO
Right but wouldn’t we better with the new guy in now rather than June to give him a chance to assess things?
And there is a difference between a half empty stadium and 50% ST sales. You think they care about the crowd size as long as the tickets are sold?

Right but wouldn’t we better with the new guy in now rather than June to give him a chance to assess things?
And there is a difference between a half empty stadium and 50% ST sales. You think they care about the crowd size as long as the tickets are sold?
I agree 100%, why they've not moved for a new man I don't know
but clearly it's not on their agenda
I don't think you will get 30,000 people buying season books not to turn up, especially now that 10IAR is gone.
Sure, they bring in a NAME to manage the Club and the supporters will buy into it.
But if they don't bring a bit of excitement and sell our best players, some will decide enough's enough

As regards next season and season tickets, you don't have to have a great memory and go too far back to remember what happens when you have an uninspiring manager and aN uninspiring squad. A half empty stadium. The board will reap what they sow IMO
You don't blame lenny for this season Stg.
A brave statement to make when he has been a total disaster all season.
We will remain in backwards mode and costing the club even more millions the longer he remains on his wrecking cruiscade at present

I agree 100%, why they've not moved for a new man I don't know
but clearly it's not on their agenda
I don't think you will get 30,000 people buying season books not to turn up, especially now that 10IAR is gone.
Sure, they bring in a NAME to manage the Club and the supporters will buy into it.
But if they don't bring a bit of excitement and sell our best players, some will decide enough's enough
Folks will buy STs : a) in the hope that things improve next year and b) coz they don’t want to lose it and be stuck on a waiting list for years.
But if the performances don’t ramp up from this season’s shit it wont take long for the empty seats to appear. So no they wont buy not to show up but it can and will happen if things don't improve.
At that point will the board care? I think not. They got their money.

You don't blame lenny for this season Stg.
A brave statement to make when he has been a total disaster all season.
We will remain in backwards mode and costing the club even more millions the longer he remains on his wrecking cruiscade at present
It's not a brave statement, it's a balanced view IMO and a personal one
i don't think he trasnformed from a treble winner to a tit overnight.
He's plenty blame for this season but this idea he is ONLY to blame and is trying to wreck the club is just gash

Folks will buy STs : a) in the hope that things improve next year and b) coz they don’t want to lose it and be stuck on a waiting list for years.
But if the performances don’t ramp up from this season’s shit it wont take long for the empty seats to appear. So no they wont buy not to show up but it can and will happen if things don't improve.
At that point will the board care? I think not. They got their money.
i think having been taken for mugs for too long, they'll be more careful about taking the plunge this season until they see the menu

Back