The board have decided to downsize the club

Folks will buy STs : a) in the hope that things improve next year and b) coz they don’t want to lose it and be stuck on a waiting list for years.
But if the performances don’t ramp up from this season’s shit it wont take long for the empty seats to appear. So no they wont buy not to show up but it can and will happen if things don't improve.
At that point will the board care? I think not. They got their money.
It's not a brave statement, it's a balanced view IMO and a personal one
i don't think he trasnformed from a treble winner to a tit overnight.
He's plenty blame for this season but this idea he is ONLY to blame and is trying to wreck the club is just gash
I won't say he is the only one at fault as he has had a great helping hand in PL traitor.
So for us to waste 10m on gash is not seen as a form of wrecking the clubs financial position along with the wasted money on loan signings, and we are still meant to stay quiet when so much money is being squandered

Sure STG I know the current balance won’t reflect where we are come season’s end. But compared to the manky mob, living on loans and gambling on CL qualification we are in decent shape. I don’t think a new management team would break the bank.
As for next season’s ST sales do you truly think they won’t fill the quota?
Come on...many will be reluctant to cancel for the reasons mentioned by CF and have said so on here. Any shortfall on the target will be eagerly lapped up by the waiting list. I have no worries they will sell out and that’s why they’re thumbing their noses at us.
They don’t want to make a ‘hasty and rash’ decision. No? Well they fkn have already made one rash decision and he’s still sitting in the dugout.
After I read Bankier’s statement I was so fkn angry at the patronizing bullshit I didn’t even want to type anything until I had calmed somewhat.
STs Dermot? Don’t worry the yobs will pay up so just ignore their whining.
😡😡😡
Yep! Spot on!
I also think there'll be a degree of downsizing CF, but I don't find it too difficult to believe the pandemic is at least part of the cause. I don't think too many clubs, if any, will escape with their finances in the same shape as they were pre-pandemic.

Unless DD has a mind to finance any rebuild, we are stuck with trying too get decent cash for the players who want to move on, and, ( here's the worrying bit ) spending it wisely on ready-made replacements. Spending too much money on "works in progress" in recent times has led us to where we find ourselves now. The pandemic played at large part for sure. But so did lack of forward planning coupled with complacency. Just my thoughts.
Maybe they can't as they are been held to ransom by the Scottish fa over deals made 9 years ago

about 9-year old deals...can you share!
I agree 100%, why they've not moved for a new man I don't know
but clearly it's not on their agenda
I don't think you will get 30,000 people buying season books not to turn up, especially now that 10IAR is gone.
Sure, they bring in a NAME to manage the Club and the supporters will buy into it.
But if they don't bring a bit of excitement and sell our best players, some will decide enough's enough
There will be no new management. Lennon will stay because he’s too weak to challenge our downsizing and no manager of stature will take this job unless he can bring in his own players

Yep! Spot on!

There will be no new management. Lennon will stay because he’s too weak to challenge our downsizing and no manager of stature will take this job unless he can bring in his own players
I hope your wrong as the finances are available if managed correctly and if this board have any real ambition.
The question still remains as if Scottish dominance is good enough for us supporters or are we asking to much to expect to be able to compete within Europe.
We have gone so backwards this season that Europe is only a distant dream now, so great has the damage that has been created and will remain until this board gets its act together.

I hope your wrong as the finances are available if managed correctly and if this board have any real ambition.
The question still remains as if Scottish dominance is good enough for us supporters or are we asking to much to expect to be able to compete within Europe.
We have gone so backwards this season that Europe is only a distant dream now, so great has the damage that has been created and will remain until this board gets its act together.
Let’s be perfect honest...what conceivable reason could Lennon have kept his job otherwise? No manager of any stature would take this job now. No real manager would risk his reputation taking on a downsized club in a 2-horse race. Lennon is their safe-bet and our nightmare!

I won't say he is the only one at fault as he has had a great helping hand in PL traitor.
So for us to waste 10m on gash is not seen as a form of wrecking the clubs financial position along with the wasted money on loan signings, and we are still meant to stay quiet when so much money is being squandered
We are agreed then, NL/Peter are on board the blame bus so far, players/Board get a seat too ?

Wasting 35 million on gash is someone's fault. But if it WAS Lennons signing's then he's to blame for poor judgement. I somehow doubt this. But wasting money aint a new thing, Rodgers the only guy who got a free hand for a couple of years signed countless diddies and is being lauded in the top 5 managers in the World in some places.

Nobody is saying you/we need to be quiet John, there's a way and a means for us all to complain

Let’s be perfect honest...what conceivable reason could Lennon have kept his job otherwise? No manager of any stature would take this job now. No real manager would risk his reputation taking on a downsized club in a 2-horse race. Lennon is their safe-bet and our nightmare!
I will still live in the hope that it can and will be done.
We still have plenty to offer for a new manager

Yep! Spot on!

It's not about a voluntary downsizing as if its a choice. It's a necessity, when income drops
considerably, you have to cut your cloth or you end up in debt to a bank.
I think the people at the top will realise the mistakes of the past.
You can hardly judge Lennon or any other manager for a 'recruitment teams' signings, but you can sack for results. They need to put faith in the managers the employ to get the players they want

We can't box at the level we used to, but anyone who thinks we can't get a fairly top class manager is too caught up in the negativity.
But with that type of manager, we know it's short term, first flash of sexy legs and we're dumped.
Eg Eddie Howe.
He's not going to get a top job in England but is admired by the big clubs in England.
He's only managed a shitty team well. If he could prove he could manage up here, teams would be more likely to give him a shot.

I think STG and John no that we all understand where you are both coming from,if you did not have the best intentions for our club you would not be debating about it.
Every member on here has their own opinion of Lenny but it does not make us right or wrong it is only our opinion.
I dont blame Lennon for destroying our season I lay the blame at the feet of a man who thought a lot more of himself than he did of our club the infamous Lawwell.
He was doing his job when he took Lenny on,we all know his job has always revolved around money he knew he could get Lenny on the cheap so providing he did not mess up big time he had the job.
Because I dont blame Lenny for the destruction of this season does not mean I think he is a good manager,,I definitely do not believe he is Celtic class,in fact I never thought he was Hibs class either.
This is the same man who walked away from Celtic in 2013-14 season with a statement he made..
I think I have taken Celtic as far as I can,,fast track this statement Neil to now and we will all wish you the very best in your next job..
As regards to Lenny staying beyond this season I dont think that is a possibility I think the new director of football will have a big say in who the next manager is and that is why he will be the first new face through the hallowed doors..
The Bhoys with the banners I think believed that they could put some added pressure on Desmond but Desmond could not have been seen to agree with us and get rid of Lenny there and then,he had to retaliate and show us he was Dermot Desmond The Chairman of Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
We know now he has listened to at least some of what was being said when he has brought his son on to the board,if only to report back to him..
Lets get this season done and gone Bhoys and Ghirls and prepare for another treble next season,let the huns see it was only a wee blip..

HH.

We are agreed then, NL/Peter are on board the blame bus so far, players/Board get a seat too ?

Wasting 35 million on gash is someone's fault. But if it WAS Lennons signing's then he's to blame for poor judgement. I somehow doubt this. But wasting money aint a new thing, Rodgers the only guy who got a free hand for a couple of years signed countless diddies and is being lauded in the top 5 managers in the World in some places.

Nobody is saying you/we need to be quiet John, there's a way and a means for us all to complain

I think STG and John no that we all understand where you are both coming from,if you did not have the best intentions for our club you would not be debating about it.
Every member on here has their own opinion of Lenny but it does not make us right or wrong it is only our opinion.
I dont blame Lennon for destroying our season I lay the blame at the feet of a man who thought a lot more of himself than he did of our club the infamous Lawwell.
He was doing his job when he took Lenny on,we all know his job has always revolved around money he knew he could get Lenny on the cheap so providing he did not mess up big time he had the job.
Because I dont blame Lenny for the destruction of this season does not mean I think he is a good manager,,I definitely do not believe he is Celtic class,in fact I never thought he was Hibs class either.
This is the same man who walked away from Celtic in 2013-14 season with a statement he made..
I think I have taken Celtic as far as I can,,fast track this statement Neil to now and we will all wish you the very best in your next job..
As regards to Lenny staying beyond this season I dont think that is a possibility I think the new director of football will have a big say in who the next manager is and that is why he will be the first new face through the hallowed doors..
The Bhoys with the banners I think believed that they could put some added pressure on Desmond but Desmond could not have been seen to agree with us and get rid of Lenny there and then,he had to retaliate and show us he was Dermot Desmond The Chairman of Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
We know now he has listened to at least some of what was being said when he has brought his son on to the board,if only to report back to him..
Lets get this season done and gone Bhoys and Ghirls and prepare for another treble next season,let the huns see it was only a wee blip..

HH.
Great points GS and everything on here is just speculation and opinions as no one really knows what is going on behind closed doors.
I know opinions are fairly split on the BR snake terms in charge and it is of my opinion we as a club started the downsizing operation years ago as they had been a platform to upgrade into the European Market which we never took.
We have been downsizing ever since with the domestic scene been used as a smokescreen with the dominance but still a shortfall in quality needed to go to the next level even with all the del boy signings that were made.
Our total dominance was always going to end sometime and now that has happened, its now how are we going to bounce back.
I can't see that any time soon with Lenny in place, just hoping now that a restructure is starting to happen with PL traitor out of the way now, and just waiting on lenny to follow suit and hopefully then order can be restored

HH.
Agreed
The point of this site is to agree, debate, etc.
I have no issue with anyone having their opinion, i have mine and John has his,
if we were sitting over a couple of pints and John was buying, I'd tell him anything he wanted to hear !
The truth is normally found somewhere in the middle, but thats what debate it.
John's coming round to my way of thinking anyhow :p

We're all impatient, prob exhausted mentally with this season and are desperate to feck for something to happen, fucking anything to do with positivity.

It's shades of previous years 'the week leading up to the CL Qualifiers signing deadline'.
A week to go- not a signing - can't wait to see who we get, news now first thing every morning
3 days left - not a signing - ohhh it must be a big signing or they're mibbi doing 3/4 deals to announce at one time
1 day left - ahhhh big peter's doing his stuff, there's no way we'll sign nobody before the deadline
1 minute after midnight - nobody signed, we have fucking lift-off

WE MISS LAUGHING AT THE HUNS - THERE I SAID IT

It's not about a voluntary downsizing as if its a choice. It's a necessity, when income drops
considerably, you have to cut your cloth or you end up in debt to a bank.
I think the people at the top will realise the mistakes of the past.
You can hardly judge Lennon or any other manager for a 'recruitment teams' signings, but you can sack for results. They need to put faith in the managers the employ to get the players they want
Recruitment is a fuzzy area at a lot of clubs. AVB was seemingly in the dark about ON until he showed up. BR had never heard of Shved. Klopp has said that’s not his remit. So you’re right about NFL there.
Results are of course another matter. BR at Liverpool, MP at Spurs got the axe pretty quick after a poor run. But what does our board do after an atrocious run? First we get the vote of confidence in the manager, followed by silence. They are a fkn shambles. I don't want the current bunch of muppets having faith in anyone, I want them gone. But that’s not gonna happen is it?

Whilst I agree with Celtic forevers point I do also believe that the board have had the players at the club for a few seasons now that really should've been enough to see off the likes of ferencvaros ( no disrespect to their great season) but the players here are imo of a higher standard than theirs and it's been the failure of the management team to deliver tactical strategies to ko them. We had ferencvaros beaten and as per threw it away cluj style. I admit the board have to take a portion of the blame but the standard of player at CP cannot be questioned for me, their performances certainly can, with fans without fans behind them weve flattered to decieve for too long now. Beating clubs like lille , Rennes, lazio , Leipzig, etc isnt good enough if we are kod by Copenhagen next round. Not many clubs outside the big 5 leagues will have spent similar amounts to us. Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Turkey perhaps aye but many in those divisions wont have the clout of Celtic financially. It has to be a clear out of this management team, Shane Duffy didnt get to be Eire captain or an EPL player because hes shite. Lenny can say that theres too many wantaways but that's a deflection and insulting to us all as we know that players are here to develop their abilities and move on to the big 5 leagues like moussa, pingpong , Armstrong, KT etc etc whether they come through the academy or are signed they will want to test themselves at a higher level at some point in their career, we know this and have for years so lenny throwing players under the bus for having ambitions greater than the spfl is hardly something that he was unaware of in either of his stints as manager or player. To try and blame them is insulting to us as is the recent statement of nothing from Bankier. ( rant over grrrr) 🤬

Agreed
The point of this site is to agree, debate, etc.
I have no issue with anyone having their opinion, i have mine and John has his,
if we were sitting over a couple of pints and John was buying, I'd tell him anything he wanted to hear !
The truth is normally found somewhere in the middle, but thats what debate it.
John's coming round to my way of thinking anyhow :p

We're all impatient, prob exhausted mentally with this season and are desperate to feck for something to happen, fucking anything to do with positivity.

It's shades of previous years 'the week leading up to the CL Qualifiers signing deadline'.
A week to go- not a signing - can't wait to see who we get, news now first thing every morning
3 days left - not a signing - ohhh it must be a big signing or they're mibbi doing 3/4 deals to announce at one time
1 day left - ahhhh big peter's doing his stuff, there's no way we'll sign nobody before the deadline
1 minute after midnight - nobody signed, we have fucking lift-off

WE MISS LAUGHING AT THE HUNS - THERE I SAID IT
Well you Stg you may have to go thirsty then as I stopped drinking years ago.
It may come as a bigger shock that it also got me into a whole world of trouble
But I never have a problem with a good debate and dismissing opinions even if they are right, but seldom are they 🤔😉

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back