The board have decided to downsize the club

Agreed
The point of this site is to agree, debate, etc.
I have no issue with anyone having their opinion, i have mine and John has his,
if we were sitting over a couple of pints and John was buying, I'd tell him anything he wanted to hear !
The truth is normally found somewhere in the middle, but thats what debate it.
John's coming round to my way of thinking anyhow :p

We're all impatient, prob exhausted mentally with this season and are desperate to feck for something to happen, fucking anything to do with positivity.

It's shades of previous years 'the week leading up to the CL Qualifiers signing deadline'.
A week to go- not a signing - can't wait to see who we get, news now first thing every morning
3 days left - not a signing - ohhh it must be a big signing or they're mibbi doing 3/4 deals to announce at one time
1 day left - ahhhh big peter's doing his stuff, there's no way we'll sign nobody before the deadline
1 minute after midnight - nobody signed, we have fucking lift-off

WE MISS LAUGHING AT THE HUNS - THERE I SAID IT
If your buying STG forget John I,ll bring Lenny with me..

HH

It's not about a voluntary downsizing as if its a choice. It's a necessity, when income drops
considerably, you have to cut your cloth or you end up in debt to a bank.
I think the people at the top will realise the mistakes of the past.
You can hardly judge Lennon or any other manager for a 'recruitment teams' signings, but you can sack for results. They need to put faith in the managers the employ to get the players they want
That’s not the point though is it? It’s how arrogant and patronising our board are. None of us would have an issue with downsizing if that’s what our finances demand. But FFS tell us the truth. Lennon got the job post-Rodgers because he’s compliant. He’s kept his job, despite his utter incompetence because he toes the line and is grateful for the gig. And despite this, they expect us to continue to fund their lies and their incompetence...and we will 🤦🏼‍♂️

Is it the same starting 11 or do we see Soro and Welshy play from the start ???

HH.
If we want the best that's left of broony, and weve just seen that hes still got it, then he has to be given breaks like the one he had recently that led to his return to sparkling form. Soro will know that the guy who is keeping him out is the main man and his time will come sooner rather than later, Soro is the best and only player I've seen at the club with the abilities to replace broony ( in position on the field) but if broony is used like that , say 3 or 4 games off (4 preferably) then we can have the best of both , I just hope WGS jnr can see that oan his laptop app.

That’s not the point though is it? It’s how arrogant and patronising our board are. None of us would have an issue with downsizing if that’s what our finances demand. But FFS tell us the truth. Lennon got the job post-Rodgers because he’s compliant. He’s kept his job, despite his utter incompetence because he toes the line and is grateful for the gig. And despite this, they expect us to continue to fund their lies and their incompetence...and we will 🤦🏼‍♂️
that's half my reasoning right there
we don't know the truth,
Mulder & Scully would struggle for answrrs

Might be a daft question, more than likely is
What does a season ticket holder get this season, or next if the pandemic means no fans in the stands
Paying hundreds for a season ticket, gives you what exactly ?
Your seat when the stadium opens up again ?
Talking about finances, how many families can hold out that hope and continue to pay into the club, for very little retrun at the moment
I pay $30 monthly, so that I can watch the games, on Celtic TV, and I'm beginning to think I got ripped off, when I watch how badly the team are playing
At least we're still TIMS, but it's not as great, as it used to be

HH

They’ll blame the pandemic; they won’t admit that by never preparing our squad properly for Europe and by replacing Rodgers with a mediocre option, we’ve lost over £80M in revenue. Lennon knows he’s been kept on as no manager of stature would come in just to downsize our club.
They’ll lie and blackmail us until we invest in season tickets and hope that the noise dies down...and our emotional attachment to the club will enable it
never won the lottery either and thats millions and millions lost by no winning it.

if only they bought all the tickets we woulda won.

But by no buying all the tickets its clear club is downsizing.

er no

Might be a daft question, more than likely is
What does a season ticket holder get this season, or next if the pandemic means no fans in the stands
Paying hundreds for a season ticket, gives you what exactly ?
Your seat when the stadium opens up again ?
Talking about finances, how many families can hold out that hope and continue to pay into the club, for very little retrun at the moment
I pay $30 monthly, so that I can watch the games, on Celtic TV, and I'm beginning to think I got ripped off, when I watch how badly the team are playing
At least we're still TIMS, but it's not as great, as it used to be

HH
Its not as much fun when your not munching jelly and ice cream, thats for sure
I think this is the season a fair chunk that have coughed up post Deila time, will think again
i hope they get a manager thats a breath of fresh air and we're jammed for next season
i'm more hoping than confident it'll happen as we all want to see us go up a notch

Its not as much fun when your not munching jelly and ice cream, thats for sure
I think this is the season a fair chunk that have coughed up post Deila time, will think again
i hope they get a manager thats a breath of fresh air and we're jammed for next season
i'm more hoping than confident it'll happen as we all want to see us go up a notch
I blame our current situation on all the supporters who were moaning their tits of last year and the year before, ooh we're playing shite, ooh we haven't signed Messi, ooh we haven't won the champions league. Now they know what hardship really feels like.
(Quiet in here tonight thought I'd stir up some shite for a laugh 😺)

Just out 0f curiosity

What does upsizing look like and who pays the extra not generated by the club?

What wage budget per season is up sizing?

Is John jo kenny upsizing?
Is Elyounousi upsizing?
Is Duffy upsizing?
Is Ajeti upsizing?

Which signings are classed as upsizing?

Do wages matter in the upsizing metrics?

According to the Interim Accounts we have 20m in the bank. Have just offloaded Frimp and Oli for about another 15m. So we are hardly in the same boat as the PayDayLoans mob. Covid isn’t going to last forever - it simply cant. They have to quit with this restrictions crap sooner rather than later or the entire country will face utter economic ruin. So I’m not buying Covid as any excuse from this board of charlatans.
Qualifying for the group stages of the CL next year would be a huge financial boost. But with 35m in the bank what does this shower of cretins do? Zilch!!
If Lennon is still in charge by the time the qualifiers come around I fear for our chances of qualifying. And if the plan is to replace him why not do it now? What will be different in the summer? Will a ‘more decent’ manager come in then? Will we attract better players?
This current inactivity is simply the norm for a board who would rather sit on a pile of cash than invest in new management now.
No arguing that mate that cud be why boards waiting this lockdown wen will it end?? and will it be permanent?? it's probably why they're hesitating cause if it all opens up then it's a different ball game but if more lockdowns are coming we need to be really careful that must be in the board's minds aswell just a cunt of a situation all round😔

I agree but these b@stards should tell us the truth.
Ano mate av just wrote elsewhere maybe the boards waiting to see the situation way lockdown cause if it's getting lifted were laughing but if not we must be careful maybe they're waiting it out a bit to see afore committing to spending witever amount fuck knows but its doin my tits rite in🤪

Members online

Back