The Celtic supporter in Lisbon with that famous Jock Stein t-shirt

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
After 50 years, with no idea who he was other than having this blurred photograph, I set out trying to find this Celtic supporter who was in Lisbon on 25 May 1967. It took me just a few days and I found him in Vietnam. Here's his story....

C8Bms6tWsAQnsyx1.jpg

A really good story the guy jacked his job in to go and see his team in the final .I wonder if he new how famous his shirt would be when when he was putting the big man's name on it .his story is one of many that's out thier I could read them all day long great fans great club hail hail.

I've still got the replica T-Shirt that someone 😉was selling a few yrs back, infact it is my profile photo 😱

The profits from the t-shirts and the book In the Heat of Lisbon were used to give each member of the Celtic squad (still with us in 2017) who played in the 1966-67 European campaign and their wives plus Jock Stein's family with some very special gifts on behalf of the Celtic Support. Jim Craig helped with the mail-outs to all the home addresses and the ladies of the Lions in particular were delighted. For weeks after that I was receiving thank you card from the Mrs Johnstone, Murdoch, Simpson and the others, Jock Stein's family were delighted with the t-shirt and tried to buy several of them. Obviously no money was taken.

I still have a few of these Jock Stein shirts - in 3Xl, 3L, 2Medium and 1Small if anyone wants one (for free), let me know.

The profits from the t-shirts and the book In the Heat of Lisbon were used to give each member of the Celtic squad (still with us in 2017) who played in the 1966-67 European campaign and their wives plus Jock Stein's family with some very special gifts on behalf of the Celtic Support. Jim Craig helped with the mail-outs to all the home addresses and the ladies of the Lions in particular were delighted. For weeks after that I was receiving thank you card from the Mrs Johnstone, Murdoch, Simpson and the others, Jock Stein's family were delighted with the t-shirt and tried to buy several of them. Obviously no money was taken.

I still have a few of these Jock Stein shirts - in 3Xl, 3L, 2Medium and 1Small if anyone wants one (for free), let me know.
Like a rat up a drainpipe. Keep me a large please. Happy to make a donation to the foundation or such like (y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back