The CHAMPIONS Thread

Just home from Paradise, and in truth, I should maybe have gathered my thoughts before posting on this thread. You see, I'm really struggling to articulate my feelings. I can't find the words which would do justice to Ange, his backroom staff, the players, aye, even the board.
Remarkable ? Astonishing ? Unbelievable ? Maybe even miraculous !
I've been ridiculously fortunate to witness many title wins in my time. All of them worthy of great merit in their own right.
This one can easily take its place amongst them as being perhaps the most unlikely, and for that reason, one of the most satisfying.

Where to start ? First off, ( and I really want to get this out of the way ) I have no intention of obsessing about what's happening elsewhere. We have, against all odds, won our championship. We are the best team in the country. Full stop !

So, all I can do is say a huge thanks to all of those mentioned above. You've restored our dignity; given us back our pride. Strange thing is, I don't really feel the need to go gung-ho about it. I don't feel the need for any kind of triumphalism. My team, my club, are back where we belong. I'm gonna quietly enjoy my summer. This season may well turn out to be no more than an appetiser. The main course is still being prepared.

As I'm thinking about taking a wee summer sabbatical from The Noise, I would also like to thank all of you good folk for being the best company anyone could wish for, so thanks a million for that.

A wee PS to Greensprig: first off if you are reading this, I hope all is well with you. You haven't posted in quite some time. At the start of the season you were more upbeat than I was; you always felt we could turn things around. I promised I'd buy you a couple of pints if you were proved correct. That offer still stands.

May your God be with you folks. HH.
Haste ye back young Man haste yi back
Oh and that’s a post from a champ aboot champs 👏👏👏💚💚💚

HH 👏💚🍀

It is just those well known Tims that domnate our media who are jealous of the greatest European achievement ever by a Scottish club/holding company saying getitrightupyouse to the footballing "giant" (stop sniggering) that is GVB!
Right , just wondering how a nobody selling our best players and replacing them with panic buys won writers manager of the year ?

Only got back to Ireland on Friday and was in the horrors to see the scum had reached a European final.
Now I must admit it took me a few hours to cop myself on and start to realise again that this season was never about what the scum do, it was forgetting just what a fantastic achievement the bhoys have done this season and one of the greatest achievements, I have ever witnessed from a Celtic team.
To go from the shambles of last season, with a group of players that let us all down so badly, with a total lack of effort, desire and an attitude that stunk to high heaven in a season that meant so much to our support, was shameful and unforgivable by so many within the club imo at the time.
Move forward 12 months to the present and we have regained our rightful Championship title, along with the league Cup.
Done so by playing by far the best football within Scotland, and stand to become even stronger still.
Showed the character and desire to succeed that our Jersey demands, but worn again with pride and our support has responded in the true Celtic way also.
All in all, this season will always be remembered for giving us back our Celtic club, in the manner that our history has reflected in the past, with so many great memories along the way also, that I will forever be grateful to all of those involved, with the main contributions coming from Ange and the players.
So very proud of all of our bhoys in there success and fantastic achievement this season with plenty more to come imo.
To think in 12 months going from a team I had become to Detest, to a team with such quality throughout and such a joy to watch on most occasions is a brilliant achievement within itself, to win the league again is the icing on the cake, for myself anyway.
As one great celtic man said, "football without fans is nothing"
So would it be fair to say that the 10iar has been achieved properly instead of the bollocks of trying to claim a 55 in a pantomime season after only 10 years in existence?
HH

Been away all weekend up in the wilds of deepest darkest Scotland and just watched sportscene , shock horror a tavpen who would have thought , more time spent showing highlights of h*n wife and kids on the park after the game +hunette's winning their first ever trophy which equates to (55) than the champions elect .

Who remembers this mouth breathing, dribbling biased fucktard's glorious and insightful prediction? Feck off you ignorant troll - you offer nothing positive to the sport you are highly paid to promote & discuss because you are so obsessed with pandering to the lowest level zombies.

View attachment 18580

Hail hail to the CHAMPIONS!
Hes right about one thing, we do still call ourselves the biggest club in the country.
Probably because we are the biggest club in the country HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back