The Clearout

Not for me winter
That 5-7 million could (in theory) be spent better than on someone who can’t cross a ball and is consistently caught out of position
I agree he gives his all and does some things which are superb
He could improve without a doubt
If he was there already I’d happily keep him but I wouldn’t be paying that amount of money for him
Got to agree with these comments. I really don't want to criticise any player wearing The Hoops, but, other than enthusiasm, I really don't see anything in Laxalt. I sincerely hope if the boy stays he goes on to prove me wrong. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Although I agree with most points I'd disagree on the number of players that would be good enough. I think we have a squad that contains many talented footballers. IMO what is letting them down is not a lack of skill but rather a lack of direction, guidance, desire and fitness. A good coach would quickly get these players motivated and aware of their responsibilities in whichever system(s) we choose to play.

At the moment our team are playing at a level less than the sum of their talents whereas good coaches can get their players to repeatedly perform to a higher standard.
Hi Bridie Bhoy, as our squad stands at the moment we do have a a number of talented players, but the best of them seem to want to leave. Fair play to you though, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Rumours just rumours. Wouldn't get myself worked up over it. Who gets what Job and when will be DD choices and timing. 🍀🍀
Frightening thought Ally!

DD is so out of touch and dated he'd get a starring part in the next cocoon film.

Hopefully the rumours of his son taking over on the board are a malicious threat.

We need a proven dynamic forward-thinking mover and shaker. Not the son of a guy that's watched as Rome burnt to the dust. Employing 'family guys' hasn't worked. The Celtic management and board continually try to force square pegs into round holes.
DD is like King Canute, refusing to see the tide of change and likewise deserves to drown in his own arrogance. Our club deserves better than this. Ego maniacs dragging us into the sea. Acting like a God, we are just his toys to be played with.

PL, DD and the Board are Vampires, bleeding us dry. Ultimately it's now been proven we need a system that gets these people out of positions of power when they reach for the self destruct button, not when we are feeling the effects of the fallout.

The NL appointment was a finger in the dyke moment. PL drowned himself in a shower instead, never watched many Alfred Hitchcock movies maybe!

This season is gone, I like the phrase of 'not reading the room' . People sometimes get blinded by success. When you win things you really didn't deserve to you feel maybe Karma, God is with you, lucky even. The wise see the weakness and address it, the 'entitled' think they can turn tides and put square pegs in round holes.

Our club will survive long after PL and Double Down, Their legacy, as I suggested some time ago, is as losers. For all the things they have in life, money, wealth, golf clubs, green fees. To be remembered as losers. Karma. A monkey on his back DD junior will have to live with- if he is indeed a Celtic supporter. They failed at the first real sign of a fight. DD probably is worried his purse will be light in the next year or two and uses the club as a training exercise for DD junior. Toys of the Gods

Last edited:
Got to agree with these comments. I really don't want to criticise any player wearing The Hoops, but, other than enthusiasm, I really don't see anything in Laxalt. I sincerely hope if the boy stays he goes on to prove me wrong. I'm just calling it as I see it.
At 6 million I would not touch the boy, in fact even at two mill I'd be concerned

Members online

Latest posts

Back