The Clearout

Yes I've seen it Winter. His son was going to get more responsibility on the board as we all have read on other sites. A hands on approach from a Desmond would imo be that game changer we need. Lawwell out at end of season, Hammond 9ut soonest and new management team in is a good start. ☘️☘️
I'm pretty much in agreement with all that's been said here, only one little thing I would like to add is that once PL has gone perhaps the new board will grow a pair Lennons rant yesterday although embarrassing, did contain some salient points and if our PR dept had even the slightest piece of savvy then this whole embarrassing event could have been dealt with in a far better manner. I would go as far to say that it is about time we as a club went on the offensive more often, 2 examples are the way in which the evening times ridiculed our mgr "popcorn teeth" and the constant attackson our players "griff+frimpong" to name two It is about time we stopped tugging our forlocks and saying yes sir, in future we should have a policy that if anyone prints falsehoods about the club we should immediately get the lawyers onto them, if someone wants access to our players or mgr then it's on the understanding that they will lose their access to our club until a public apology is made.

At 6 million I would not touch the boy, in fact even at two mill I'd be concerned
I have feeling they were trying to sign the Charlton dude at lb

so id imagine if we were signing laxalt too it would be for lm

I think Laxalt is very decent player with good international pedigree but in our wonky system most of our defence look really bad.

Id also be interested to know how much we should be valuing Laxalt if he was actually our player.

Takes time for any player to adjust to life at Celtic but during covid in a country thats very different culture im no sure there are better value LB

He seems keen to play and with a better shape I think our squad is still pretty good team

The total clearcut required at the club is so great that it must start now.

Board - Lawwell (18 years), Allison (20 years), Wilson (16 years) and Bankier (10 years) all must go over the next few months
Management - Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan, McCart (youth), Hammond (football ops) should all go now
Players - Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie (all in last 18 months of contract and want to leave), Duffy, Elyounoussi, Laxalt (loans back to their parent club), Brown (retire), Jullien (wants away), and any others who see their future elsewhere. Add the majority of the development team who are not good enough. Between this and summer windows the majority of these players will go.

Unless the changes required at the club are started now then we are basically giving up on next season as well.
That would be nice but I don’t know why we keep bringing this up when we have no way to make it happen short of not renewing STs. And who is going to follow that course of action?
I despair as to how to get this board to take the slightest notice of what the support thinks or wants.😫

The total clearcut required at the club is so great that it must start now.

Board - Lawwell (18 years), Allison (20 years), Wilson (16 years) and Bankier (10 years) all must go over the next few months
Management - Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan, McCart (youth), Hammond (football ops) should all go now
Players - Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie (all in last 18 months of contract and want to leave), Duffy, Elyounoussi, Laxalt (loans back to their parent club), Brown (retire), Jullien (wants away), and any others who see their future elsewhere. Add the majority of the development team who are not good enough. Between this and summer windows the majority of these players will go.

Unless the changes required at the club are started now then we are basically giving up on next season as well.
I widnae go that far mate uve wrote aff our good youngsters and all they players wont leave at same time they cud but I doubt it I do agree we need to invest heavily though just dont know how quick it will happen and if we cant get players moved on quick enough

Back