The Clearout

Gary67

The total clearcut required at the club is so great that it must start now.

Board - Lawwell (18 years), Allison (20 years), Wilson (16 years) and Bankier (10 years) all must go over the next few months
Management - Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan, McCart (youth), Hammond (football ops) should all go now
Players - Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie (all in last 18 months of contract and want to leave), Duffy, Elyounoussi, Laxalt (loans back to their parent club), Brown (retire), Jullien (wants away), and any others who see their future elsewhere. Add the majority of the development team who are not good enough. Between this and summer windows the majority of these players will go.

Unless the changes required at the club are started now then we are basically giving up on next season as well.

Board - Lawwell (18 years), Allison (20 years), Wilson (16 years) and Bankier (10 years) all must go over the next few months
Management - Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan, McCart (youth), Hammond (football ops) should all go now
Players - Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie (all in last 18 months of contract and want to leave), Duffy, Elyounoussi, Laxalt (loans back to their parent club), Brown (retire), Jullien (wants away), and any others who see their future elsewhere. Add the majority of the development team who are not good enough. Between this and summer windows the majority of these players will go.

Unless the changes required at the club are started now then we are basically giving up on next season as well.
I wouldnt be too hasty to send laxalt back hes still adapting and playing better than most. Julien I've not heard that he wants away? The board? Only DD wherever the fk he is Bahamas mibbees , cant see him getting rid of them though I agree that they should be moving on.

Your getting like a standing order Gary 🤣

After every poor result up you pop with a new negative thread

Have a drink, smoke whatever
Pump the mrs or something

That’s my plan for tonight only substitute mrs for ex mrs while lockdown lasts

🙄

It certainly doesn't bode well for the future!

I've given a lot of thought to this very subject, and it's a pretty grim outlook as it stands.

We need pretty much a full rebuild in such a short space of time that I'd say next season's chances are already looking less than hopeful.

Our reported targets and the players we've signed of late, except a handful, have been depressingly underwhelming.

Do I have faith in this current set up scouting and delivering on several first team quality players? During a Pandemic and Brexit to boot.

Not a chance.

Heads needed to be on the chopping block yesterday for this absolute disaster of a season.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the future!

I've given a lot of thought to this very subject, and it's a pretty grim outlook as it stands.

We need pretty much a full rebuild in such a short space of time that I'd say next season's chances are already looking less than hopeful.

Our reported targets and the players we've signed of late, except a handful, have been depressingly underwhelming.

Do I have faith in this current set up scouting and delivering on several first team quality players? During a Pandemic and Brexit to boot.

Not a chance.

Heads needed to be on the chopping block yesterday for this absolute disaster of a season.
In a way you are right. But just a few wee changes can have such a massive impact in the pitch.

We gave a large squad of very talented players who - if we can correctly channel their energies - can lead us to success over the next couple of years. But we need a suitability energised managerial team to channel their talents properly to give us the best chance of success.

In a way you are right. But just a few wee changes can have such a massive impact in the pitch.

We gave a large squad of very talented players who - if we can correctly channel their energies - can lead us to success over the next couple of years. But we need a suitability energised managerial team to channel their talents properly to give us the best chance of success.
Your post is spot on BB.More than wee changes are needed though,I looked at the team and said to a mate Whoever picked Rogic as CH and Duffy while leaving out Welsh must be drunk.Wee changes will not cure the malaise that afflicts Celtic.We need a big shovel now,management and players.HH.

Instead go going to Dubai can the players no go to Livingstone to see how they train during covid. they seem fit and occasionally pass ball straight.

shouldn't cost millions either

Im pretty sure ive never ever heard the commentary team mention that opposition players who dont get that many games aren't quite up to fitness for the match.

Aye he needs to come off after 50 minutes

doesnt get many games?

wtf dont they play football games every single day as part of training?

I agree mate, the rebuild is inclusive of the managerial/ recruitment and boardroom.

Without these changes, we have no chance of success next season.

We have 400000 first team players and 400000 extra players but none of them are fit enough yet

they need a good preseason first

meanwhile Livingstone have small squad and never once made the excuse their players are available but no very fit

Well what a shit show. That car with the three horsemen of our apocalypse, asleep at the wheel, has now wrapped itself around a tree. The saddest thing is I knew it was coming, but could never have thought they would fuck up so spectacularly. Why, I can't quite work out yet, hope can blind you, I think is the answer.

Rather than just sit and watch the car burst into flames, we need action. And there lies the major problem. Waiting for action from our board is a dangerous pursuit.

Lawell needs to resign.
Lenny needs to resign
Desmond needs to start either giving a fuck, or getting to fuck.

Day 17 of a window we needed 2 CB's and nothing. This is without doubt the worst season I can remember. We have had worse teams, but we have never been led so dismally. Lawell, will be remembered by me as a man who squandered an unassailable lead, to a deed club by wasting money on over 30 cheap punts and projects that meant we qualified 3 times in 12 years in the CL because we were never prepared for its challenge.

Others will still think he's a hero, which just shows how different people can see the same thing and think a different scenario happened.

What we need is to look forward at where we are headed, and learn from this utter disaster of judgement and realise to keep ahead requires effort to make that happen.. Our decline these last years has one name on it. Peter Lawell. The first real challenge we have had from a deed club and we fold with a combination of inept recruitment and a manager not up to it.

I came offline after the game, had a night of sadness, not anger, just totally gutted that the arrogance of two people allowed a third to carry on when it was clear months ago it wasnt working. I feel sorry for Neil, but, disappointed that he didn't do the right thing.

Now, Twitter is ablaze with ITK people putting up names and back stories of how this guy or that are coming in. All utter bollocks. I expected news of resignations this morning. It sums us up that integrity and taking responsibility is missing. It wasn't me, it was covid, it was no fans, it was.............

We need Lenny out, the new guy in now and the rebuild of our club to begin today. The usual don't hold your breath applies I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Well what a shit show. That car with the three horsemen of our apocalypse asleep at the wheel has now wrapped itself around a tree. The saddest thing is I knew it was coming, but could never have thought they would fuck up so spectacularly. Why, I can't quite work out yet, hope can blind you, I think is the answer.

Rather than just sit and watch the car burst into flames, we need action. And there lies the major problem. Waiting for action from our board is a dangerous pursuit.

Lawell needs to resign.
Lenny needs to resign
Desmond needs to start either giving a fuck, or getting to fuck.

Day 17 of a window we needed 2 CB's and nothing. This us without doubt the worst Season I can remember, we have had worse teams, but we have never been led so dismally. Lawell, will be remembered by me as a man who squandered an unassailable lead to a deed club by wasting money on over 30 cheap punts and projects that meant wecquakifued 3 times in 12 years in the CL because we were never prepared for its challenge.

Others will still think he's a hero, which just shows how different people can see the same thing and think a different scenario happened.

What we need is to look forward at where we are headed, and learn from this utter disaster of judgement and realise to keep ahead requires effort to make that happen.. Our decline these last years has one name on it. Peter Lawell. The first real challenge we have had from a deed club and we fold with a combination of inept recruitment and a manager not up to it.

I came offline after the game, had a night of sadness, not anger, just totally gutted that the arrogance of two people allowed a third to carry on when it was clear months ago it wasnt working. I feel sorry for Neil, but, disappointed that he didn't do the right thing.

Now, Twitter is ablaze with IKN people putting up names and back stories of how this guy or that are coming in. All utter bollocks. I expected news of resignations this morning. It sums us up that integrity and taking responsibility is missing. It wasn't me, it was covid, it was no fans, it was.............

We need Lenny out, the new guy in now and the rebuild of our club to begin today. The usual don't hold your breath applies I'm afraid.
100%.

How PL has overseen our downfall is gross negligence of the highest order.

How Lenny still has his job is gross arrogance and ego.

How we've allowed a new Club to borrow their way to a title, under our noses is unforgivable, and there's no way back for any of them.

Why Lenny hasnt walked yet, I don't know, but I'm suprised. Another ego issue no doubt.

They have to go, now!

100%.

How PL has overseen our downfall is gross negligence of the highest order.

How Lenny still has his job is gross arrogance and ego.

How we've allowed a new Club to borrow their way to a title, under our noses is unforgivable, and there's no way back for any of them.

Why Lenny hasnt walked yet, I don't know, but I'm suprised. Another ego issue no doubt.

They have to go, now!
If resignations or sackings don't happen this week, all concerned will be remembered as selfish bastards who out their egos before Glasgow Celtic . They need to know, if they do that, they will forever be reviled. Do the thing you should all have done months ago. And do it today.

Please not Eddie Howe he would have zero understanding of the pressure I'd rather have Jim Goodwin and that's saying something. We will undoubtedly have to rebuild on a much tighter budget because I don't think this will be a normal transfer window anywhere in football in terms of player sales. Even Sky's transfer hour is listless

Please not Eddie Howe he would have zero understanding of the pressure I'd rather have Jim Goodwin and that's saying something. We will undoubtedly have to rebuild on a much tighter budget because I don't think this will be a normal transfer window anywhere in football in terms of player sales. Even Sky's transfer hour is listless
The thing with Eddie Howe is he would bring a good knowledge of players in the English leagues. He's still seen as a progressive young manager who would attract decent players who think he could advance their careers. It wasn't long ago his name was being mentioned as a potential England Manager. He will rise again, if not with us then somewhere else, it could be a win win situation.

I was sent this by my brother law who got from his mate,
Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect.
Peter Lawell will step down at the end of the season?
Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night with his resignation tendered post match.
John Kennedy will be moving to a football operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season.
Eddie Howe will be announced first thing Thursday morning along with his back room staff. Giving him a week to access the squad prior to the league game against Hamilton at home on the Wednesday night.

My brother inlaw used to work for Dundee FC and is the know about a few things.
On another note, I watched Soccer AM yesterday. Big Joe Ledly was on yesterday. He was asked, who is the best manager you ever played for? He said, Neil Lennon....tactically brilliant and a fantastic man manager, we would have run through walls for him!!

Back