The Clearout

Did you see the post from green sprig ? A piece from video celts I think saying that DD is possibly looking to offload Celtic to his son, responsibility wise, hes apparently a more keen and invested supporter than DD and is more interested than his father. If that's true and we still have the backing of DD but his son oversees things that could be a game changer. If you've not seen it I'll try and find it or green sprig might see and post it on here.
Yes I've seen it Winter. His son was going to get more responsibility on the board as we all have read on other sites. A hands on approach from a Desmond would imo be that game changer we need. Lawwell out at end of season, Hammond 9ut soonest and new management team in is a good start. ☘️☘️

I wonder if and when this thread will actually have a transfer to talk about. Rather than lists of people we know won't come. No need to worry though, we are only 17 days into the window. I'm sure they are working day and night to possibly buy players who aren't utter shit. I can dream.
Perhaps explains the length of time taken to get new manager
A theory
No signings, new manager appointed almost immediately after window closed

The January window hasn't really been of importance as the summer window. I'm sure we'll bring players in though unless Ralston is to replace el hamed and I dont think he will. He can deliver a great ball but his defending still needs improving .

The January window hasn't really been of importance as the summer window. I'm sure we'll bring players in though unless Ralston is to replace el hamed and I dont think he will. He can deliver a great ball but his defending still needs improving .
We need better than Tony. I love his heart and fight for the jersey, but I just don't think he is the answer. We need players with his heart.

I was quite keen when he 1st played too, but you're right about the daft fouls. I was quite surprised to learn he's 27. I thought he was younger. Hes only on loan and I'm not sure if he's worth a permanent move.
He's got a few games to prove himself, then we'll see I suppose mate.

But bit hard to play your best when the team around you are totally fucking useless, mind.

He's come into a team bereft of ideas, movement, belief and desire, where nobody quite knows what their role is, that cannae be easy.

Considering the isolation he must be experiencing in a foreign league, not speaking the lingo, not able to really bond with his team due to distancing measures at Lennoxtown ( Dubai piss-up not included 😏) never experiencing the atmosphere of the fans he plays for,
all on top of us absolutely imploding on all fronts during a pandemic, I'd say he's done ok.

Hope he comes good mate, but if not, Boli'll be back by then! 🙈

He's got a few games to prove himself, then we'll see I suppose mate.

But bit hard to play your best when the team around you are totally fucking useless, mind.

He's come into a team bereft of ideas, movement, belief and desire, where nobody quite knows what their role is, that cannae be easy.

Considering the isolation he must be experiencing in a foreign league, not speaking the lingo, not able to really bond with his team due to distancing measures at Lennoxtown ( Dubai piss-up not included 😏) never experiencing the atmosphere of the fans he plays for,
all on top of us absolutely imploding on all fronts during a pandemic, I'd say he's done ok.

Hope he comes good mate, but if not, Boli'll be back by then! 🙈
Aye all of the above and yet he apparently wants this move made permanent. He will remember what we did to lazio and what we are capable of playing properly. I'd like it to happen it would be a strong message that we are buying from clubs from serie a and might pave the way for more moves from a better league

Aye all of the above and yet he apparently wants this move made permanent. He will remember what we did to lazio and what we are capable of playing properly. I'd like it to happen it would be a strong message that we are buying from clubs from serie a and might pave the way for more moves from a better league
The lad has got a Shamrock on his wrist Winter, he was a Hoop before he even knew he was a Hoop! 😏

Hope him wanting to sign isnt just smoke and mirrors, if and when the time comes to talk!

The lad has got a Shamrock on his wrist Winter, he was a Hoop before he even knew he was a Hoop! 😏

Hope him wanting to sign isnt just smoke and mirrors, if and when the time comes to talk!
He wants european football and to be a first team starter. Something Celtic can give him that hes travelled a long way for. It's down to the money men and hopefully Milan just want the space freed up by offloading him and his valuation like most players will drop if supporters are kept out for another year.

I was sent this by my brother law who got from his mate,
Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect.
Peter Lawell will step down at the end of the season?
Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night with his resignation tendered post match.
John Kennedy will be moving to a football operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season.
Eddie Howe will be announced first thing Thursday morning along with his back room staff. Giving him a week to access the squad prior to the league game against Hamilton at home on the Wednesday night.

My brother inlaw used to work for Dundee FC and is the know about a few things.
On another note, I watched Soccer AM yesterday. Big Joe Ledly was on yesterday. He was asked, who is the best manager you ever played for? He said, Neil Lennon....tactically brilliant and a fantastic man manager, we would have run through walls for him!!
How can that tube JK escape the boot again ? [if that is true] He will have seen off three managers where our defence has never improved from the day he got his position. Has he got something on somebody at the top?

Last edited:
It,s true Winter,Lennon supposedly taking charge on Wednesday for the last time,Lawwell out at end of season replaced by Ross Desmond,Hammond out,Kennedy taking up another post inside the club.dont know about the rest of the backroom staff..

HH.
Would appease many of us, especially if we get Howe and I'd imagine that he will bring his team and be no ones yes man.

There cannot be any place for Kennedy within a new structure. He has clearly demonstrated under several managers, that he has nothing to bring to the club. It is beyond me, how he has managed to survive to date. It raises more questions than it answers.
A whole new management team and football structure is the only acceptable option. No half measures for me. Get all the dross out now and move forward with confidence and purpose.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back