The craft is with the Potter, not the clay

Spherical Planet

Too much time on my hands and too long before kick-off.

There's been a wee bit of back and forth this week between a vast array of contributors and one of the main talking points is what it is that makes a true Celtic fan.

There are those who believe it can only be achieved by attending every game home and away (not sure if that includes reserves, colts, age-group and womens games), then are those who, for a number of valid reasons, cannot make that commitment.

I prefer to measure it in a rather different way.

Throughout this last week, we have been provided the opportunity and invited to read a series ok f quite magnificent articles by a noted club historian - David Potter.

He has comprehensively researched his subject and put to word the legacy of Our Club for past, present and future generations.

As a consequence, our legends of yore will be immortalised and remembered because of the time, effort and patience of Celtic fans, such as David Potter.

I don't know how many matches David has attended. I don't care about how many matches David has attended. What I do know is that he is a true Celtic fan who also pays due respect to his birthplace and local team.

Now every Potter needs some clay to shape and mould into something useful. I'm not sure even the master potter of creation can shape or mould our very own "Clay" unless it is into something which resembles a small part of the male anatomy. Our own Potter is more than capable of moulding and shaping words into something greater than the sum of their parts, but there is no way on God's green (and white) Earth that he can manipulate "Clay" into anything more useful than a punch bag.

Yet our "Clay" has anointed himself as one of two 'superfans' who have blessed this platform with their presence. In spite of this pronouncement, I have yet to read anything positive that either Clay or superfanny II has written, but I have it on their own authority that they are, by far and away, the most dedicated and devoted Celtic supporters known to man or jungle.

Given the choice, it is easy for me to determine that the Potter is far more important than the Clay. The Potter is the designer and architect of an inanimate lump of semi-mineral stodge and represents the artistry of the true fan and what they can build as a lasting memorial of Our Club.

The clay??? Well I guess it must be good for something, but I'm having a helluva job trying to find what that is.

Last edited:

There's been a wee bit of back and forth this week between a vast array of contributors and one of the main talking points is what it is that makes a true Celtic fan.

There are those who believe it can only be achieved by attending every game home and away (not sure if that includes reserves, colts, age-group and womens games), then are those who, for a number of valid reasons, cannot make that commitment.

Throughout this last week, we have been provided the opportunity and invited to read a series ok f quite magnificent articles by a noted club historian - David Potter.

He has comprehensively researched his subject and put to word the legacy of Our Club for past, present and future generations.

As a consequence, our legends of yore will be immortalised and remembered because of the time, effort and patience of Celtic fans, such as David Potter.

I don't know how many matches David has attended. I don't care about how many matches David has attended. What I do know is that he is a true Celtic fan who also pays due respect to his birthplace and local team.

Now every Potter needs some clay to shape and mould into something useful. I'm not sure even the master potter of creation can shape or mould our very own "Clay" unless it resembles a small part of the male anatomy. Our own Potter is more than capable of moulding and shaping words into something greater than the sum of their parts, but there is no way on God's green (and white) Earth that he can manipulate "Clay" into anything more useful than a punch bag.

Yet our "Clay" has anointed himself as one of two 'superfans' who have blessed this platform with their presence. In spite of this pronouncement, I have yet to read anything positive that either Clay or superfanny II has written, but I have it on their own authority that they are, by far and away, the most dedicated and devoted Celtic supporters known to man or jungle.

Given the choice, it is easy for me to determine that the Potter is far more important than the Clay. The Potter is the designer and architect of an inanimate lump of semi-mineral stodge and represents the artistry of the true fan and what they can build as a lasting memorial of Our Club.

The clay??? Well I guess it must be good for something, but I'm having a helluva job trying to find what that is.

☝️☝️☝️☝️ Next article on The Celtic Star please WC

Now every Potter needs some clay to shape and mould into something useful. I'm not sure even the master potter of creation can shape or mould our very own "Clay" unless it is into something which resembles a small part of the male anatomy. Our own Potter is more than capable of moulding and shaping words into something greater than the sum of their parts, but there is no way on God's green (and white) Earth that he can manipulate "Clay" into anything more useful than a punch bag.

Murdered by words....too funny! Tip ma hat.😂😂😂😂

☝☝☝☝ Next article on The Celtic Star please WC
Lubo, as a relatively young man with an outstanding young family, it has been my great pleasure to get to know a bit about you through your brilliant contributions.

You have invited us to share your family experience at Celtic Park and you have described how you fight Celtic's corner way down in the south of England.

You bring humour, wit and youthful exuberance to this site and in my eyes, you are the model of how I would want a Celtic fan to be.

You have the proper values. You have the appreciation and you have the gumption to make constructive arguments when the board are not pulling their weight.

I would use you as a role model for young Celtic fans, especially in the area of continuing to question matters around the club. You are firmly behind the players who pull on the Hoops and you are firmly behind the vast majority of members who use this site.

We should all be proud to have fans like you. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the great majority here.

I've never seen that clip before. What a tool
is. that clay?

he sounds bit like him imo

:p

Gerrard is such high quality we need to bankrupt the club just to do as well

screw ffp

screw value added on off the pitch

Gerrard is such high quality only over paying players from England will compete at that slippy level.

turn a 100 million player into 100 bob player in less than 2 months

Hard to compete at that level tbh

Well said SP beautiful words can destroy
Well written words can grip you to want more
Every time you post it’s to the point and always fair minded. I’m a Celtic fan by choice
I choose to support this great club because I love them. outside of my Family they’re the only thing that gets my Heart pumping.
there are people on the Noise who have become like family so many on here are Celtic men and women from all over the world who Love the club and all it stands for. FANS
Again SP beautiful post YNWA.
Mon the Hoops

HH 👏👏👏👏👏

Lubo, as a relatively young man with an outstanding young family, it has been my great pleasure to get to know a bit about you through your brilliant contributions.

You have invited us to share your family experience at Celtic Park and you have described how you fight Celtic's corner way down in the south of England.

You bring humour, wit and youthful exuberance to this site and in my eyes, you are the model of how I would want a Celtic fan to be.

You have the proper values. You have the appreciation and you have the gumption to make constructive arguments when the board are not pulling their weight.

I would use you as a role model for young Celtic fans, especially in the area of continuing to question matters around the club. You are firmly behind the players who pull on the Hoops and you are firmly behind the vast majority of members who use this site.

We should all be proud to have fans like you. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the great majority here.

Thank you very much SP. Really appreciate your kind words.

HH
🍀🍀🍀

Understatement here. Hail hail, Lubos Left Peg! (And right on, Spherical Planet!)

Hail Hail Larry 🍀🍀🍀🍀

I think Clay is just misunderstood. Got off on the "wrong foot" sort of thing🙄

Members online

Latest posts

Back