The Daily Record hit a new all time low with this scandalous 'story'

Brimcbhoy

Ok we all know its a rag and it feeds off sectarianism but I'm astonished this so called story was deemed fit to publish.
Even if it was meant as a feeble attempt at humour it misses the mark by miles. There are many idiots out there who will think this is actually true, they will use this as an excuse for their own behaviour.
NO Daily Record its not fucking funny.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...e-life-celtic-supporter-infiltrating-19102227

I read this earlier and I just don't understand how it found its way into a daily newspaper. These are tense times, running battles in Govan, uefa finally clamping down on the kulture of hunnery, an old firm game around the corner, it really isn't time to fan the flames....

Just a rag nailing their colours to the mast and drumming up hatred for tommorow, should the casualty departments find their selves overworked tommorow treating meaninglesss injuries that need not have happened the daily record is the source, they are stoking the flames of hatred and showing why no Celtic minded supporters,neuturals,catholics,or anyway decent minded people should buy this rag.
This is not a journalist or writer who bears a grudge, this is a hatred and a hatred that was endorsed by an editor who saw this fit to be put out into the mainstream for profit and an with an agenda.

Surely it's nothing more than pointing out the idiotic defence of some on Rangers forums etc that their UEFA sanction was down to infiltration and not their own behaviour. Bit like Chelsea and Linfield fans were responsible for riots in Manchester.
It's clearly tongue in cheek. How could it be read any other way?.

Surely it's nothing more than pointing out the idiotic defence of some on Rangers forums etc that their UEFA sanction was down to infiltration and not their own behaviour. Bit like Chelsea and Linfield fans were responsible for riots in Manchester.
Did you miss the news of the riots yesterday, its irresponsible churnalism is what it is.

Did you miss the news of the riots yesterday, its irresponsible churnalism is what it is.
Can't agree. It's a tongue in cheek piss take of some in their support being unable to accept responsibility for their actions and resorting to whataboutery and deflection.

It's a very unpleasant thought but sometimes you have to think like a hun for the greater good. And with my hun head on, you know the one, full of hatred, bigotry, ignorance, an unshakeable habit of never taking responsibility, an undying believe that it's always someone else's fault and a general lack of intelligence, I'd read that and think it's true, cue more hatred, suspicion, devision etc.
When I read your post earlier I thought it was just a piss take, I had no idea that it was in a national newspaper (rag)

It's a very unpleasant thought but sometimes you have to think like a hun for the greater good. And with my hun head on, you know the one, full of hatred, bigotry, ignorance, an unshakeable habit of never taking responsibility, an undying believe that it's always someone else's fault and a general lack of intelligence, I'd read that and think it's true, cue more hatred, suspicion, devision etc.
When I read your post earlier I thought it was just a piss take, I had no idea that it was in a national newspaper (rag)
I do see your point re the lowest common denominator, perhaps I overestimated their intelligence as much as it's so obviously to me a piss take, but I'd say if you can't take the piss out of them the baws burst

You see this is the problem, the fire of sectarianism is being stoked up by rags like the DR. I believe things are now worse than when we faced the real Rangers. Guys who i know and were quite moderate bears (if there is such a thing) are now much more bitter and it doesnt take much for the mask to slip. Things like slashing our tickets have ramped up their bitterness. Its easier to hate a small group wedged into a corner. 'Stories' like this just add to it in my opinion.

You see this is the problem, the fire of sectarianism is being stoked up by rags like the DR. I believe things are now worse than when we faced the real Rangers. Guys who i know and were quite moderate bears (if there is such a thing) are now much more bitter and it doesnt take much for the mask to slip. Things like slashing our tickets have ramped up their bitterness. Its easier to hate a small group wedged into a corner. 'Stories' like this just add to it in my opinion.
You see my point though you'd have to be a total frickin idiot to read this literally? It's barely satire as it's not even subtle enough (it's too obviously a piss take).
Personally I don't think anything should be off limits when it comes to taking the mick (A night at a Ricky Gervais stand up many years ago re-affirmed my belief in that) but I do get your point. I'd refuse to bow to ripping the piss though. It's important. Otherwise the fanatics get away with their beliefs and n0-one pisses in their pint. HH

The situation is if they can by their gutter journalism put ideas into the heads of eejits and every club has it's share of eejits and said eejits try to infiltrate opposition fans giving cause to riots then the Rag has plenty of stories to write about while shaking their heads in disgust and pointing their fingers at the very eejits who THEY set up in the 1st place

HH?
Now I may have underestimated the intelligence of the huns in assuming everyone can see the article is a simple piss take, but surely that's overestimating the intelligence and forward planning of DR journalists Bill? Unless Dominic Cummings has taken over as editor on the sports desk I wouldn't credit them with the machiavellian insight

Turn it around would they have printed the satire (fk naw) coming from a Knuckledraggers point of view ,include the OB phrase i very much doubt it
instead go for the under cover tim FB angle ,after all like most sevco appologists it's only banter , mutants will point to and say see they say it to

In the week when the bastards are classed as Racists not once but twice ,and a glasgow derby just 2 days away you would think there were better more important items to write about instead of helping to fan flames

They knew what they were doing ,did it in a sleakit hun way

Members online

No members online now.

Back