The difference between us and them!

Another difference between us and them: I find the vast majority of Celtic fans dislike them because they are huns, not because they are protestants. Being a hun is a twisted bitter mindset its not in any way shape or form a faith or religion. Whereas they hate us not because we're tims but because we are mainly Catholic and/or Irish descent. Theirs is a hatred of faith and nationality (sectarianism and racism) ours is a hatred of retarded kulture, intolerance and generally arsholeish behaviour, nothing to do with sectarianism or racism.

I don't blame the schools, Doc. I blame a lack of humanity and basic decency. I also blame the entirety of the recognised institutions in this country for not holding these perpetrators to suitably account for their actions.
I have to agree SP. I guess I should "out" myself here - I am not catholic, have no Irish background and only fell in love with Celtic for the football. I got my first Celtic strip for my 4th birthday and still remember the excitement of finally getting one and opening the sealed plastic packaging and wearing the famous hoops for the first time.

My Dad wasn't interested in sport but nominally "supported" Dundee United. My Grandad, who was a fairly high up mason (we tend not to call them "freemasons" over on this side of Scotland and the vast majority of members I know despise the orange order aspect that exists in the West Coast) was also a Celtic fan but wasn't that big on football.

We didn't have different schools so I sat next to catholics and Jehovah Witnesses and it was never really a topic of conversation (OK - except for at the Christmas parties when the poor Jehovahs had to sit outside the room, which we were all very sad about).

I appreciate the "I blame the schools" is sometimes a jokey throw away comment on here (but also it has a lot of basis in truth as this really was a massive thing for many contributors growing up as you were subjected to horrific bigotry and the schools angle was a genuine way to suss catholics out and cause them physical, mental & financial grief) but as SP says it is more about a lack of humanity and decency. I don't like racist or bigoted scumbags who hate others purely because of their skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, etc (I guess that makes me wrong as I don't respect their repulsive beliefs).

I am friends with, and I'm related to, many people who support the rangers and everyone of them except for one "hun" follows them just for the football - although most wrongly believe they are the same club! I can't understand the mentality of the arseholes on follow follow, etc, with their extreme hatred of all things Celtic who will turn everything into an excuse for their vile and repugnant point-scoring exercises.

Reading the threads on here yesterday and all many the posts on Celtic facebook pages yesterday sending nothing but love and sympathy to the Ricksen family has made me proud to be part of the Celtic family.
🍀 Hail! Hail! 🍀

Catholic schools only came about because the good Proddies of Scotland did not want their children going to school with dirty Feinians.
They preferred to not educate dirty Feinians.

The main difference between us and the hunnite is our outlook, attitude and world view. A lot of the Huns seem to be angry and full of hate.

Last edited:
Doc, oor Hoopy there put up a terrific post on another thread which describes his childhood development and background.

I'm a Catholic borne of two Irish parents and I went to a non-denominational school and you know what.........it was alright. I was one of only two Catholics in the school and I don't think either of us had any bad experiences other than the usual stuff that every other pupil had to tolerate.

That might say more about the place where I grew up, but I think it says more about the family kulture of the common or garden variety hun and the fear that was instilled in the West about the "Irish threat" and how they were coming to steal their jobs, women and upset the natural (orange) order of things.

There's at least two non-Catholic contributors on this site who I strongly believe are among the most valuable and knowledgeable posters.

There are many others raised in Catholicism who choose not to practice the faith for a variety of reasons. They too have produced many excellent contributions.

I don't blame the schools, Doc. I blame a lack of humanity and basic decency. I also blame the entirety of the recognised institutions in this country for not holding these perpetrators to suitably account for their actions.
Fair point and we'll put SP.

Back