The disgraceful booing of Leigh griffiths

The only disgrace yesterday was Leigh Griffiths in a Celtic top. He should have been chased last summer when he couldn't be arsed to turn up at pre season training in a fit enough state to play friendlies, he shouldn't have been given a year's contract given he offered nothing last season and his contributions have been in decline season on season for 5 years, on the park he is crap.
And all of that is before you take into account what he has done, and continues to do, off the field.
He is a divisive figure who should not be at the club and as long as he is he will be a side show that we don't need.
He is the poster boy for a club that has totally lost its way on and off the park.
So if he scores the winner against the huns will you still have the same opinion?
There's more than him that acted disgracefully last season. They've all been given a second chance with the new manager, any of them that wants it....

I was also saddened by the booing........You can just imagine what he is going to feel like now....Because you can bet yer bottom dollar that Griff is now going to be booed everytime he gets near the ball, by the opposition, in all Scottish games this season.....Will he handle it!!!! I don't know, but for sure, it aint going to do his mental health any good....Personally I think if he wants to continue playing football, it would have to be in another country.....Sad I know, but it looks like this is how it is going to be....:(
At a guess i'd say the booing was more to do with his half arsed attempt at getting fit last year and the previous year when we were in desperate need of a striker for the opening qualifiers plus the orchestrated campaign from the press

On saying that he left himself wide open and only has himself to blame ,didn't hear many booing okoflex yesterday ,but each to there own

These same fans booing should take a closer look who is writing the stuff and have been for quite a few years ,you'll see a pattern and there sources you'll always find come from the same swamp message boards where the snitches bitches post

Not sticking up for the guy ,my own thoughts are he should have been free'd

griff who incidentally done fuckin nothin wrong.......

If he did nothing wrong then he and/or the club should clear his name. It's been reported in the media as if he very much got away with a criminal act on a technicality; the court of public opinion insinuates he used emojis to groom an underage girl; many good Celtic fans will find the idea of a 30-year-old father of five sending suggestive messages to a 15/16/18-year-old highly immoral at least.

If he's completely innocent, as you've suggested with "nothing wrong", then I'd really like that point to be made aggressively. Put it this way, if the allegations were against me, I'd be clearing my name with all the righteous indignation God gave me.

Wonder if they ll be booing if he scores against The rangers...clowns!

You think Griffiths will ever play against The Rangers for us again? I really doubt it. In fact, I'd say that if he starts or has to appear from the bench then things have gone very badly wrong for us.

Someone else said the zombies are scared of the Griff. They're not. In 2016 or 2017, aye, but not now.

I really hope I'm wrong. I hope Leigh proves he did nothing wrong, gets fit, demonstrates to Ange that he's a left-footed assassin and he scores 35 goals for us this season, including two hat tricks against the zombies. I believe in miracles but I'm sceptical about the Griff now.

I hope you can point to this tweet in 10 months time and tell me I know nothing, I really do.

If Griffiths returns to his best how many fans will want him out then? Given hes been cleared by polis Scotland if he bangs in 20plus goals this season I think that many will forget just as they forgot about the last time he was texting schoolgirls. Hey but its griff the hunskepler no hes not skelped anyone for a good while. If he can get over himself and knuckle down the Celtic supporters arent unforgiving but if another incident comes out from Griffiths his contract should be terminated instantly.

If Griffiths returns to his best how many fans will want him out then? Given hes been cleared by polis Scotland if he bangs in 20plus goals this season I think that many will forget just as they forgot about the last time he was texting schoolgirls. Hey but its griff the hunskepler no hes not skelped anyone for a good while. If he can get over himself and knuckle down the Celtic supporters arent unforgiving but if another incident comes out from Griffiths his contract should be terminated instantly.
Not depending upon him whatsoever for the coming season winter

If he did nothing wrong then he and/or the club should clear his name. It's been reported in the media as if he very much got away with a criminal act on a technicality; the court of public opinion insinuates he used emojis to groom an underage girl; many good Celtic fans will find the idea of a 30-year-old father of five sending suggestive messages to a 15/16/18-year-old highly immoral at least.

If he's completely innocent, as you've suggested with "nothing wrong", then I'd really like that point to be made aggressively. Put it this way, if the allegations were against me, I'd be clearing my name with all the righteous indignation God gave me.
The court of public opinion as you call it, wanted him hung drawn and quartered before people even knew what he supposedly done.
The media that you speak of, as you well know are lookin for the slightest snippet of wrong doing on anything Celtic just to blow it out of all proportion.
Yes Griffiths seems to be a daft cunt and has done some stupid shit over the years, but compare and contrast him and the way this has been reported in the "media" to that of a certain fat Columbian coke head across the city. He got caught shagging some slut in stranraer when his wife was heavily pregnant. Not a fuckin word about it in the "media". His wife even hired a private detective and a piss poor one at that. The stupid cunt got caught. It was all over the news that a Celtic supporter was tryin to doctor his brakes, but when the truth was uncovered the "media" goes into silence.
But getting back to the subject at hand, do you think it's right to boo anyone in a Celtic Jersey?

The court of public opinion as you call it, wanted him hung drawn and quartered before people even knew what he supposedly done.
The media that you speak of, as you well know are lookin for the slightest snippet of wrong doing on anything Celtic just to blow it out of all proportion.
But getting back to the subject at hand, do you think it's right to boo anyone in a Celtic Jersey?

Oh, I know. We never expect a fair hand from the media and it was ever thus. It still wouldn't be too hard for Leigh to clear his name if he'd done nothing at all wrong.

No, I'd never boo a Celtic player. It's wasted energy. I've wanted to throttle a few at times!

I suspect Leigh shouldn't play for us anymore. For footballing reasons (he's not a reliable striker any longer and doesn't fit the way Ange wants us to play) and for non-footballing reasons (we're supposed to be a noble club with charity and compassion at its heart - I think Leigh doesn't fit with that either).

Either way, Celtic fans shouldn't be fighting in the stands or on message boards over this. This season is too important to be divided.

'The court of public opinion' has always sounded like some kind of self appointed morality police to me. What Griffiths did was questionable yes but no crime and there is significant doubt as to whether he could have known the age of his object of affection.
Last season wasn't good enough from him though and he has a lot to make up for.

But it's a new season and the manager is backing him, the support should to. Just my opinion. I don't go to Celtic Park to boo our own team. We need to back them more than ever just now.

As for Saturday, everyone there was a ST holder therefore our core support. That some felt the need to express their feelings that way reflects a reality, like it or not.

Aye they wid awe cheer
One small point to remember, he wasn't at the airport yesterday and immediately he was assumed to be up to his old tricks, now the 1st place I saw this was on a celtic site, no waiting for information from the club, so perhaps we can all stop jumping to conclusions and see if APcan get him sorted out before we decide he is a waste of time and money. On the point of giving him a new contract I think he will be useful to AP if he gets fit but if he doesn't he will be out of the door, personally I won't be booing him. HH

When alls said and done on the Griffiths situation(s) i am actually of the mind that it was something that needed happening. Season Ticket holders at CP in the flesh voicing their disapproval at Griffiths antics. Enough is enough and your getting your last chance so make the most of it, stop fannying about on social media, do what you're well paid for, show respect for the club and it will as always be reciprocated, but dont take us the supporters for fools we are not kids on instagram. Now go to work and no more of the sideshow bs antics HH

When alls said and done on the Griffiths situation(s) i am actually of the mind that it was something that needed happening. Season Ticket holders at CP in the flesh voicing their disapproval at Griffiths antics. Enough is enough and your getting your last chance so make the most of it, stop fannying about on social media, do what you're well paid for, show respect for the club and it will as always be reciprocated, but dont take us the supporters for fools we are not kids on instagram. Now go to work and no more of the sideshow bs antics HH
I hope he's looking at it that way because we don't need as u said anymore stupid distractions that aren't squad related no more bullshit from him or the rest of the squad get the nut doon n get into this season 1000%

Can't help but think that the damage has already been done with the booing from Saturday tbh.
Weather he's injured or not is irrelevant for tonight as chances are mentally he wouldn't have been up for the match tonight imo.
So what now?
Would be surprised now if we saw him play another game in Scottish football now, as a trend has been set now for which we have created ourselves, and everyone else will be only to happy to follow and more vocal as well.
Can't really see griff being able to handle that now, so may have to look outside Scotland to reignite his career if up to it.
Another situation has been created surrounding griff that needs to be resolved quickly, what ever the case may be.

Members online

No members online now.

Back