The end of football as we know it?

Robbyp

The implosion of the artificialy inflated economy of the English Leagues may be about to become a reality. If football, without fans is to be broadcaste, it will definitely be at a much reduced rate. Far less obscene payments made to clubs, no longer able to support astronomical salaries, many players will find themselves unemployed. Transfer salaries will become the exception rather than the rule and salaries will be drastically reduced. Just lkke the rest of us i suppose. It couldn't last fore er.

The implosion of the artificialy inflated economy of the English Leagues may be about to become a reality. If football, without fans is to be broadcaste, it will definitely be at a much reduced rate. Far less obscene payments made to clubs, no longer able to support astronomical salaries, many players will find themselves unemployed. Transfer salaries will become the exception rather than the rule and salaries will be drastically reduced. Just lkke the rest of us i suppose. It couldn't last fore er.
In such a situation, a well run club (thanks be to Pete but up the Res 12) could be in a spot to attract talent north. A club like that would be an attractive option when Redbridge Rovers can't afford to pay princely sums.

Celtic, whether we like to admit it or not depend a lot on matchday income. Where we will be, after all this is wound down, is anybodys guess. The one thing we do know is that there will be a Celtic Football Club. Others will not survive, even some that pretend everything in the garden is rosy.

Celtic TV offers me live coverage of Celtic games but not European games. With an 11 ,12 or 13 hour time difference meaning a 2am, 3am or 4am kickoff here I sometimes opt for delayed coverage. Watching at 7 am before work and studiously avoiding social media till then is my preferred option when playing certain teams. I must be getting soft. UK and Ireland subscribers cannot get live pictures. Perhaps the subscription model has to change with changed circumstances. Any suggestions?

Teams down here in the south are shedding player by the dozen,squads are being cut to a minimum,this could have a bigger impact on football for the next couple of seasons as clubs try to recover lost revenue,youth teams will be overlooked as the market will be flooded with players who will be more than willing to play for cut wages,some money being better than none,football like other sports will take some time to fully recover one thing it should highlight is how important supporters are to the game,Celtic are at present in a reasonable position with funds but they will not being throwing cash around for players just as I hope not selling on the cheap,it will be football but not as we know it

Tottenham Hotspur have taken out a loan from the Bank of England to help meet 'running costs-£175 million!
Suppose that might mean the stadium will have a floating charge over it for the forseeable, Interesting to now see what the clubs in England were operating with and all the while pretending to the working class man he was watching a sporting contest. A rgigged game down south MD, no such thing as a level playing field, just rich fuckers bleeding the game dry.

the astronomical wages are paid not by bums on seats but by payments from tv rights

So the loss of match day income at stadium might be even higher if those people need to pay for subscriptions for their games.

could actually go other way and make big leagues even more popular since Brechin fans might just watch Liverpool v Man City on tv since they cant watch their team.

Members online

Latest posts

Back