THE EUROPA league is opening up for Celtic?

[U]cheezydee[/U] good post, I think I started a thread at the start of the season Europa winners or 9 in a row.

Now were are at he business end of the season, we're currently in a great place (don't be complacent CR!!) and it's time to really go for it..... and I mean the QUAD QUAD. The league, the league and Scottish cups and Europa!!!

Lennon as a player got to a European final, it the bench mark of European football. The good teams get to the later stages. If we are a good team get past Copenhagen and see what happens.

As you point out, win the dam thing and get a automatic slot in the Champions League, I'm sure that's what Wolves and Arsenal are now thinking. We must too.

The club no matter what we say about PL and his bonus is in great shape off the pitch. Stable means we can plan long term, not make rash decisions, keep good players longer and sell when they want to go or the money is too good - that's what 30million quid in the bank does.

God for bid, Sevco win the league, but it would be a flash in the pan. They don't have the financial muscle to compete long term, the debt would soon come home to roost. They aren't stable, they gamble and are addicted to just beating us. If you read the last sentence again - we are the exact opposite.

Lennon - please "lets go" for it (see what I did there ;-) ) - Win the Europa, we might not have the best players but my god we have a great team.

Hail Hail

NINE, then TEN before I'm at all really bothered with Europe.

However, would like us to get past Copenhagen purely becasue we are a better side - don't mind going out to real quality; losing to Copenhagen would be like the Cluj CL debacle.

But, if we blow it, best scenario is the schadenfreude one - the Huns go through and get savaged next round, but by doing so rack up the co-efficient enough for US to achieve CL groups without qualifying rounds/one maximum. I could live with that...
I think you are missing the fact that if we tool up to be better in Europe the league will be a piece of piss. We get better at beating better European teams we utterly skelp Sevco, we fill the coffers with cash, allowing us to bring in better players.

Getting better in Europe is the single most positive step we can achieve that ensures the Sevco Loan Scheme runs dry and we ragdoll them for another ten years.

Its not an either or. It brings us in resources and it means we improve. Europe is the key to utter domination at home.

Members online

Back