The Failures of the Celtic Board?

TET

I see a lot of stories about what the board are failing on.

But for me most of the stuff is NOT really justified with real hard evidense.

Lots of opinions based on what may not be real news.

So I have created this thread mainly for purpose of venting frustrations with theories but also hopefully some genuine sources of real sources of information that everyone can read into further to see if the information about board thats passed as factual actually has real foundations.

Or if its perhaps fake news to create discontent with weak foundations at best?

Im not sure they ever endorsed number 1 and Im not so sure the board can do much about people pretending dead clubs are alive?

Do you think it should be a goal of the board?
I think at best they turned a blind eye to the pretence or were complicit at worst and wanted the Punch and Judy show to resume its good for business I don’t think it will ever be a goal of the board, I think they should make a point of explicitly congratulating them on winning their first ever premier league title but they won’t, they’ll let them craw about 55 and the chance of calling out the sham will be gone for good and everyone in both boardrooms will live happily ever after

What your asking tet as you well know can't be proved not unless they are going to come out and tell us all what has really been going on behind closed doors, which I can never see happening.
So the simple question is "Do and can you trust them?"
Answer on both counts for me is a huge NO

I think at best they turned a blind eye to the pretence or were complicit at worst and wanted the Punch and Judy show to resume its good for business I don’t think it will ever be a goal of the board, I think they should make a point of explicitly congratulating them on winning their first ever premier league title but they won’t, they’ll let them craw about 55 and the chance of calling out the sham will be gone for good and everyone in both boardrooms will live happily ever after
Would any other board have done it differently? Is there a better board to be had? If so who would you prefer in that seat?

Last edited:
What your asking tet as you well know can't be proved not unless they are going to come out and tell us all what has really been going on behind closed doors, which I can never see happening.
So the simple question is "Do and can you trust them?"
Answer on both counts for me is a huge NO
But question is, what is the better board set up? Is there a model at other club thats more trustworthy?

Questions could be

do the board fulfil their duty?
Is the set up biased in their favour?
How do you get the board to be more transparent to point they are both accountable and trustworthy?

What should be the Key indicators of board competence?

Are board there for shareholders?
Are they there for fans?

Who decides?

One of the main problems is complacency . Most Board members have been in place for many , many years and throughout that time WE have mostly been the dominant team domestically .

Throw in the death of Rangers in 2012 and the pantomime show that was resurrected as Sevco and they thought that we were untouchable - and we were until recently .

When Rodgers left , for whatever reasons , we took our eyes off the ball . We ASSUMED that we would continue as before - but the main reason for our dominance was replaced by Neil Lennon . Our momentum carried us for a while but eventually we were found lacking thus season in so many ways .

The perennial slow, slow recruitment in the Summer ( lack of a D of F ) , the failure to pursue Res 12 and expose the corruption embedded in the SFA , the lack of a coach with modern ideas and tactical wherewithal , the Covid outbreak which was a godsend for the failing Slippy G , etc ...

Most of these problems could have been rectified with a Board full of ideas . Not ours however . The last big decision which they made which benefited the club was the Rodgers appointment . Since then they have been asleep at the wheel .

Unforgivable - but WE have no say in who comes in or goes out - despite banners on The Celtic Way .

One of the main problems is complacency . Most Board members have been in place for many , many years and throughout that time WE have mostly been the dominant team domestically .

Throw in the death of Rangers in 2012 and the pantomime show that was resurrected as Sevco and they thought that we were untouchable - and we were until recently .

When Rodgers left , for whatever reasons , we took our eyes off the ball . We ASSUMED that we would continue as before - but the main reason for our dominance was replaced by Neil Lennon . Our momentum carried us for a while but eventually we were found lacking thus season in so many ways .

The perennial slow, slow recruitment in the Summer ( lack of a D of F ) , the failure to pursue Res 12 and expose the corruption embedded in the SFA , the lack of a coach with modern ideas and tactical wherewithal , the Covid outbreak which was a godsend for the failing Slippy G , etc ...

Most of these problems could have been rectified with a Board full of ideas . Not ours however . The last big decision which they made which benefited the club was the Rodgers appointment . Since then they have been asleep at the wheel .

Unforgivable - but WE have no say in who comes in or goes out - despite banners on The Celtic Way .
Other than sack them after the horse has bolted, how do you fix these issues you see?

Should it be like governments were you only get certain length of tenure?

Should season ticket holders get bigger say on board appointments than currently?

Should season ticket holders get bigger say in all resolutions for board to implement?

Ah think the bunnet would have done it differently but we will never know, who would I prefer ? it’s academic we don’t get to choose who buys the big shareholding
I think he would have been much more risk averse?

He probably would have done at least as well but on a fraction of the budgets blown

And I dont think he would ever have hired rodgers or half his signings, if im honest

Im no sure even Fergus would have touched the sevco problem differently

But I do think he would have made game much more transparent with big emphasis on making sure the death of rangers could never be allowed to be repeated.

for me thats the failure of board.

Silence in face of missinformation
Silence on the Mal administration of sevco and its parent brand

And I doubt any secret agreement could ever have been manifested in first place.

But thats just my opinion and also non factual

But question is, what is the better board set up? Is there a model at other club thats more trustworthy?

Questions could be

do the board fulfil their duty?
Is the set up biased in their favour?
How do you get the board to be more transparent to point they are both accountable and trustworthy?

What should be the Key indicators of board competence?

Are board there for shareholders?
Are they there for fans?

Who decides?
Trying to complicate things tet
Nearly all supporters are only really interested in seeing what is best for there club.
We haven't seen that in the last few seasons and has been disguised well with the domestic dominance.
Now that has come to an end in such a limp fashion, it is now about the response especially with anger so high.
Boards are there to make the big decisions and hopefully to get them right, our board have huge decisions they need to get right this time and they all have made a hansom return on their investment within the club to date I would say, and think now would be a nice time to see weather they have the same ambitions for the club as we would like to see

Good thread TET.

For me, a key function of a board is to set the objectives and policies of the organisation. And if these have have not been met, to determine why, and take corrective action.

It seems to me that the objectives regarding Champions League progress, have been consistently very low. Either that, or there was a failure to take corrective action. Neither of which are acceptable.

On the domestic front, they did absolutely nothing to attempt to save the TIAR, when it was obvious to everybody that it was in trouble. Why?

Have they ever wondered why players brought in, have struggled to make the first team consistently? Did it occur to them, that it was a wholesale squandering of money, or perhaps some other issue at the root of it? If they did, they just allowed it to continue unabated.

They have also sat and watched highly rated young talent, move to the likes of Bayern Munich. Have they a policy to combat this? Appears not.

These are just some of the issues I have with our board. There are many others linked to the EBT cheating scandal, FWA, Resolution 12, the continuation lie, 'the old firm' brand, that they have have failed to take action on, nor clarified their position on. Why?

A Celtic Board should be prepared to fight every inch of the way for Celtic. Not be pushed around by the SFA, SPFL, the dead 'Rangers' or the new Sevco.

In my opinion, this Board has shown, it is not capable of doing so.

It has become a complacent, smug, detached, arrogant, out of touch Board. Time for a change.

Last edited:
A key function of a board is to set the objectives of the organisation. And if these have have not been met, to determine why, and take corrective action.

It seems to me that the objectives regarding Champions League progress have been consistently very low. Either that or there was a failure to take corrective action. Neither of which are acceptable.

On the domestic front, they did absolutely nothing to attempt to save the TIAR, when it was obvious to everybody that it was in trouble. Why?

Have they ever wondered why players brought in, have struggled to make the first team consistently? Did it occur to them, that it was a wholesale squandering of money, or perhaps some other issue at the root of it? If they did, they just allowed it to continue unabated.

They have also sat and watched highly rated young talent, move to the likes of Bayern Munich. Have they a policy to combat this? Appears not.

These are just some of the issues I have with our board. There are many others linked to the EBT cheating scandal, FWA, the continuation lie, 'the old firm' brand that they have have failed to take action on, nor clarified their position. Why?
Correct POD, big decisions for the answers to be do nothing at all, except put up fences because there is a touch of anger among the support

Yes, we do have a say, at every AGM as many shareholders as possible should show up at the Club and every time a board member is up for re election, to a man we should ask what he does for the Club then if we don’t like the person, we vote against his election.

I think the board see things differently from the fans, to them it's a business, have they made money for the shareholders & at the end of each season is there money in the back. If you look at it like they they have done a great job. As fans we want to win & win well, that's what we want,. Most if us i feel would also spent money on players before CLQ so we might get into GS & make more money, but shit that's just me. If we had done some of that we wouldn't care where they were they would be so far behind us. No sorry we would cause most of us want a fair level playing field, if the dotard had done that it would have done all of scottish football a massive favour.

RES 12 should just about cover it

silence on the sfa and jrg group regarding covid protocols and there spineless apology regarding dubia when we had the green light to go and we followed all protcols only for the sfa /jrg and the govt to change them on the road home

fences big fkn fences against there own fans

next we'll be putting weans in cages :unsure: now there's a thought

Last edited by a moderator:
The Daily Record today attempting stories today that is basically trolling Celtic for a fan reaction, here then is the fans reaction and this is not trolling, this is fact, in fact the Daily Record and their sisters and inbreds wrote the testimonies.

new club old club.jpeg

Also what the fans seen coming and were unable to stop with cardboard

red card.jpg

Not on my watch.

neil d.png

For me to lie would require burying this rule and I cannot do that

neil d 2.png

Ah think the bunnet would have done it differently but we will never know, who would I prefer ? it’s academic we don’t get to choose who buys the big shareholding
It,s not academic Micky it,s an option although it is only a hypothetical option,TET gave us his option and I would definitely back that up compared to the snakes slithering about our boardroom, these people forget they are only custodians of our club without the fans there is no need for a board,the Bunnet told us how it was, Desmond and his followers are using the same secret twitter account associated to a public school in Dublin,the same account they have been using for the last ten years.
How can we possibly speak about the peepul in the big hoose and their secret lodge meetings when we are being run by an association of the Irish Mafia hiding behind a twitter account..

HH

Lawwell allegedly will give a speech sometime this week about what is happening about the rebuild of our club,unfortunately it comes a wee bit late for Lenny,s sake,he should hide his head in shame for not coming out and supporting his choice as manager.
We as supporters have no need to hide our faces we hold our hands up to wanting him out,pity Liewell could not help Lenny in his hour of need..

HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back