The Failures of the Celtic Board?

Lawwell allegedly will give a speech sometime this week about what is happening about the rebuild of our club,unfortunately it comes a wee bit late for Lenny,s sake,he should hide his head in shame for not coming out and supporting his choice as manager.
We as supporters have no need to hide our faces we hold our hands up to wanting him out,pity Liewell could not help Lenny in his hour of need..

HH.
He’ll give a speech as all rulers do to their minions
If only we could fly an inflatable 💩 by the window as-he gives his speech
Hopefully we’ll get some clarity but I suspect it’ll be along the lines of
Thank Lenny etc
Poor season/pandemic
Thank supporters
Going through managerial Selection process
Aim to get best candidate
Financial constraints
A club like no other

He’ll give a speech as all rulers do to their minions
If only we could fly an inflatable 💩 by the window as-he gives his speech
Hopefully we’ll get some clarity but I suspect it’ll be along the lines of
Thank Lenny etc
Poor season/pandemic
Thank supporters
Going through managerial Selection process
Aim to get best candidate
Financial constraints
A club like no other
Mind buy yer season tickets fur oor exciting next season

It,s not academic Micky it,s an option although it is only a hypothetical option,TET gave us his option and I would definitely back that up compared to the snakes slithering about our boardroom, these people forget they are only custodians of our club without the fans there is no need for a board,the Bunnet told us how it was, Desmond and his followers are using the same secret twitter account associated to a public school in Dublin,the same account they have been using for the last ten years.
How can we possibly speak about the peepul in the big hoose and their secret lodge meetings when we are being run by an association of the Irish Mafia hiding behind a twitter account..

HH
Maybe I’m missing something here GS but what’s the point of a secret Twitter account when it’s a public forum cant they just pick up the phone if they’ve Chinese whispers tae pass round , I’m no trying to be funny I just don’t get the point of a secret account on a open platform mind you Instagram the Kardashians and Geordie Shore all all a mystery tae me so mibbes I’m just out of touch,I just see some greedy bastards taking their annual dividend coz it’s a business that they mostly own and the fans are just customers to them.I think most if not all yer billionaire types are dodgy who will always act in their own interests that’s how they got to be billionaires it doesn’t need to be a secret Mafia type organisation it could just be greedy cunts doing what greedy cunts always do

Maybe I’m missing something here GS but what’s the point of a secret Twitter account when it’s a public forum cant they just pick up the phone if they’ve Chinese whispers tae pass round , I’m no trying to be funny I just don’t get the point of a secret account on a open platform mind you Instagram the Kardashians and Geordie Shore all all a mystery tae me so mibbes I’m just out of touch,I just see some greedy bastards taking their annual dividend coz it’s a business that they mostly own and the fans are just customers to them.I think most if not all yer billionaire types are dodgy who will always act in their own interests that’s how they got to be billionaires it doesn’t need to be a secret Mafia type organisation it could just be greedy cunts doing what greedy cunts always do
i read all the stuff, seemed to be someone with a bit of insider knowledge and made a fair bit of sense. It looked to me as 'someones way' of putting it out there as to why lennon continued to have their backing i.e. mitigating circumstances - long before lenny muttered it
all mute points seen as how they resigned him

Last edited:
Lawwell will leave us with RES 12 hanging over our heads and still no answer to the truth.
Twice in the last 10 years I have heard the comment about Celtic needing a strong Rangers,and one of these comments came from our CEO.
Because he would not give us a straight answer I was suspicious of Celtic being involved and maybe other clubs,I told an old pal of mine a Celtic supporter until his last breath about what I thought and this is what he came up with.
He did not think Celtic were involved in RES12 but he thought that Lawwell did not want to rock the boat because if RES12 was to be released into the public domain then there was no way back for sevco,so his thinking was if sevco disappeared completely Scottish Football would follow shortly after them,he said he could not see 60,000 supporters turning up every week knowing we were 90% sure of winning no matter who we were playing in our own league or cup games.
Jackie said he could see our support being down to 25,000, 30000 within 5 years,no sponsors knocking on our door,no TV deals,no big name players being signed because we have half the support we had half the revenue coming through the turnstiles,,without the old firm games our league would become boring,our only hope was to get accepted down south which we all know would be very difficult if not impossible.
As much as I would like to see the big hoose become a housing estate I would also like to see the new generation of Celtic supporters enjoy the new generation of Celtic players as much as we have enjoyed the present and the past Bhoys..

i read all the stuff, seemed to be someone with a bit of insider knowledge and made a fair bit of sense. It looked to me as 'someones way' of putting it out there as to why lennon continued to have their backing i.e. mitigating circumstances - long before lenny muttered it
all mute points seen as how they resigned him
When you continue to take the money and not stand up for your beliefs, even if it means walkng away from your employment you are complicit by your actions and nothing you say changes your part in it.
I am actually not interested in who said what anymore, the damage has been done and the change is coming, they are going to have to sell the new season on the back of a disater, interesting times ahead, this will have to be good to get people glued to a couch watching shit atmosphere and listening to duff commentators and half time yes men who all have a stake in saying the right thing.
McManus coach
O'Dea coach
Strachan Son is coach
no-one to rock the boat and all singing from the same hymn sheet even though we see the shite that was been served to us.

Last edited:
I will try to explain Mickey as well as I can mate,this is from a guy called Liam O,Hare. quote..
Something i have noticed as Celtic spiral from crisis to crisis is that an anonymous account has been appearing with seemingly close ties to the Celtic board and have been tweeting with the sole purpose of defending the board...@gonzagabd1 this is the name of the account.
this account was opened in June 2009 and has only tweeted 30 times and all since the defeat by St Mirren and according to what Liam has found out every tweet was in favour of the board telling us the board are doing their best for us,etc,etc.

Gonzaga Mickey is the name of the public school Dermot Desmonds son Brett Desmond attended
hence the twitter name gonzagabd1..
These are some of the other accounts followed..
London City Airport,Greencore Group,Daon,Barchester Healthcare,Sandy Lane Resort,and Five Guys,these businesses are or were owned by the Desmond family..
If you want to see everything Liam has found out about this account ask your phone what public school Dermot Desmonds son attended in Dublin,,then you will see it all in black and white mate..
Makes for very interesting reading..

HH.

When you continue to take the money and not stand up for your beliefs, even if it means waliokng away from your employment you are complicit by your actions and nothing you say changes your part in it.
I am actually not interested in who said what anymore, the damage has been done and the change is coming, they are going to have to sell the new season on the back of a disater, interesting times ahead, this will have to be good to get people glued to a couch watching shit atmosphere and listening to duff commentators and half time yes men who all have a stake in saying the right thing.
McManus coach
O'Dea coach
Strachan Son is coach
no-one to rock the boat and all singing from the same hymn sheet even though we see the shite that was been served to us.
I agree whole-heartedly Boab. I'll surmise my thoughts on the last few weeks now that i'm half biffed, fully stoned and fully engaged which i havent of late due to work.

i'll get to your points....

My first post on here was the night of the second sparta humbling and it was along the lines of his time is up, even the most ardent knew it then. The lack of tactics, desire, motivation, ability to change the course of a game was obvious then and over time it only decayed further and deeper.
I would say i'm balanced and fair but it was blatantly obvious then and left longer it was only heading further and further south. I'm your average joe bloggs Celtic fan, supports the team, doesn't normally engage in asking for a managers head. Against the grain even i was saying it then like many others, so it wasn't just the Lennon disbelievers.

I've been fairly vociferous through this all with the Lenny bashers although only when i thought the criticism was personal or unfair. Drilled into me from a young age by a no-nonsense maw, you fight your own corner and stand up for your own. It's part of the Celtic fabric too, we always have stuck together, thick and thin, faithful through and through etc. It's in the DNA.

In my opinion, the Lenny of first time round, the firebrand, called out everyone, the ref's, got McCurry the sack, had real attitude and desire, point to prove. Having managed through the death of Deidco, he watched the diamonds he brought in sold and rightly came to the conclusion that PL was managing a decline in standards/budget. This was a guy that played in that team and could see within a few years .... he was wrong though as proven by WGS tenure. He left first time round thinking he could get a decent job after the first parting of the ways. Wrong and over the years probably thought, if only i could get that job back.

The Lennon Mark 2 was completely different. Was grateful for the job, played along with PL's wishes in regards to the football department and really became a yes man. With 'players being different' and having to manage them differently, he lost that firebrand style which he used to give his teams that edge and motivation. With his biggest strength now blunted, he was found out as tactics which was never his strong point, he admitted that himself.
The Lennon of spell 2 was not the same manager. Ultimately playing along with the PL model of operating exposed him and his weaknesses and ultimately cost him his job. So he took it on those terms and therefore no excuses.

In my opinion Boab, DD left PL to his own devices like he would with most of his CEO's.
With his other businesses, there was a bottom line to look at, making more money than last year, no major issues, carry on.
Its different with a Football Club though, especially ours.
He got involved bringing in Rodgers after the Deila times, half empty stadia Peter ?
PL could say, no sevco and we won the league/made money. But DDD thought nope, not having this.
For the last number of years, player trading, title and Quadruple trebles, profits, on the face of things, job done well.
Only now it has went really tits up has he looked under the bunnet and realised what a catastrophe and is aware of the reasons why.
He knows we're at a crossroads, an unispiring appointment and there will be a price to pay. He knows the support needs motivated and that is why i think he will personally be securing us the best name he can.

At 69 Micky I am more out of touch than you mate and I understand why it is hard to believe why people act in this way but they do mate I have read most of what Liam has posted on videocelts.
I have replied to you mate at about 20.30pm..

HH.

I will try to explain Mickey as well as I can mate,this is from a guy called Liam O,Hare. quote..
Something i have noticed as Celtic spiral from crisis to crisis is that an anonymous account has been appearing with seemingly close ties to the Celtic board and have been tweeting with the sole purpose of defending the board...@gonzagabd1 this is the name of the account.
this account was opened in June 2009 and has only tweeted 30 times and all since the defeat by St Mirren and according to what Liam has found out every tweet was in favour of the board telling us the board are doing their best for us,etc,etc.

Gonzaga Mickey is the name of the public school Dermot Desmonds son Brett Desmond attended
London City Airport,Greencore Group,Daon,Barchester Healthcare,Sandy Lane Resort,and Five Guys,these businesses are or were owned by the Desmond family..
If you want to see everything Liam has found out about this account ask your phone what public school Dermot Desmonds son attended in Dublin,,then you will see it all in black and white mate..

HH.
it was someone close to the Desmonds GS, no doubt in my mind.
Knew more than we did and was fighting their corner

HH.
Think its a bam up site to cause a stir, remember Charlotte Fakes

this was different IMO Boab, nothing sensational, it was someone fighting on behalf of the hierarchy at CP, knew more than we did and was articulate and clued up

maybe it was TET :p
When you are facing failure and you point the finger at the fans, then you are bound to come out with some shite to try and save face. Articulate and informed about the goings on inside the stadium doe not disguise the fact that fans fingers were burned and the delivery was not what was promised, i am not talking about the 10 in a row. I am talking about the fact that the board promised a first class product in the comfort of your home, and the best advisors to guide us through the game with analysis, instead we got underpaid Cordia workers whilst Desmond served us with the shit service of one of his care homes.
Celtic fans could have got a £40 firestick sub and £460 of the finest medicine on the street and at least had something to blame for the bad trip they witnessed. Desmond and his cronies better be careful what they wish the Celtic fans are not like the other mob who are tied to a belief system set in 1690, we can walk away as there are no ties to keep us and no bams need we listen to, if the custodians of Walfrids Celtic think its all about pounds pennies and Peters pence and dishing out shite they better be prepared for the long sit in.
We are not mugs who will part with our cash for an inferior product, the reason the ten season is disappointing is the carve up and lack of fight and spirit, we can say what we like about the old board dynasty, but Bob Kelly would have shat on some of they players for the manner they accepted defeats.

When you are facing failure and you point the finger at the fans, then you are bound to come out with some shite to try and save face. Articulate and informed about the goings on inside the stadium doe not disguise the fact that fans fingers were burned and the delivery was not what was promised, i am not talking about the 10 in a row. I am talking about the fact that the board promised a first class product in the comfort of your home, and the best advisors to guide us through the game with analysis, instead we got underpaid Cordia workers whilst Desmond served us with the shit service of one of his care homes.
Celtic fans could have got a £40 firestick sub and £460 of the finest medicine on the street and at least had something to blame for the bad trip they witnessed. Desmond and his cronies better be careful what they wish the Celtic fans are not like the other mob who are tied to a belief system set in 1690, we can walk away as there are no ties to keep us and no bams need we listen to, if the custodians of Walfrids Celtic think its all about pounds pennies and Peters pence and dishing out shite they better be prepared for the long sit in.
We are not mugs who will part with our cash for an inferior product, the reason the ten season is disappointing is the carve up and lack of fight and spirit, we can say what we like about the old board dynasty, but Bob Kelly would have shat on some of they players for the manner they accepted defeats.
100% Boab, there's much to be discussed in this clusterfuck of a season
The biggest thing for me is the Boards disconnect with their customers.
Its been building up for years but because of our on field successes they have thought they were doing their job and we have probably let them off as we basked in the sunshine
But this season it's came to the fore, the snowball thats been mounting, blew up in their faces

There is Res 12 issue but that aside, we want to see Celtic go toe to toe with European teams, we need to feel they have that ambition and we know they do not. Success in Scotland/profits was enough for them.

This season they have been posted missing while NL took it all. They threw him under a bus and and he never returned the favour because they backed him. He hid their failings and they backed him for not doing so.

DD should look at our Board and sack them all for sitting idly by and not questioning things nor being strong enough to act when facing a difficult for the first time in 10 years

He had baws unlike the boardroom we have now. He saw the bigger picture.
This is what holds back our advances in the game, imagine wanting to keep this to make a penny, no soul and feeding on the same social issues as the other mob.

When you staunchly believe a huddle is a Celtic thing even though your team mmates are all foreign. Brain dead mutants, thats why the board need their baws toed if they are complicit in the five way agreement for this is an embarrasing image in every sense.

staunch.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back