The forgotten facts about yesterdays final

fergusslayedtheblues

Oh my , how good are sevco 2012 and how hard done by are they .
All I have read and heard is how great sevco played and how dominant they were in the cup final .
What I have not heard so much of is that Celtic had practically half a team due to injuries ,we started the game without a recognised striker and more than half an hour with 10 men .

IIRC Sevco 2012 had their strongest team bar Davis and in truth they will never have a better chance of beating us with the starting 11s .
That was very nearly their best 11 and that was no where near our best 11 and they still failed to beat us .

I said yesterday how the hell are the LL going to spin that loss in the papers tomorrow ,well looks like I have my answer

We should never have been in the position of not playing a recognised striker and we should never have been so intimidated by them in the first half. There are issues that need addressing, fergus.
There is for sure ,
The Bhoys have seen everything Sevco have to offer and couldn't be beaten so next time, at closer to full strength, having seen all Sevco have to offer, they will be ready to politely issue a response.
Oh yes ,! This we need to do ,now put them to the sword? Time now for serious daylight between us,hh

We should never have been in the position of not playing a recognised striker and we should never have been so intimidated by them in the first half. There are issues that need addressing, fergus.
Absolutely correct Shamrock. The lack of striker options and the fact that they have dominated us. Although Jamesie, Callum, Elyounousie and even wee Morgan are decent players , they are combined far too lightweight against the physical, bullying huns. That's why we couldn't get a foothold in the game. Apart from Broony we don't have much physicality in midfield. Ntcham would have been a better option on Sunday.
However we still gubbed these Ibrox arseholes.
What I loved most yesterday was wee Frimpong. Not only his undoubted skill but his tenacity and his getintaethemability. If that's not a word, it should be

Absolutely correct Shamrock. The lack of striker options and the fact that they have dominated us. Although Jamesie, Callum, Elyounousie and even wee Morgan are decent players , they are combined far too lightweight against the physical, bullying huns. That's why we couldn't get a foothold in the game. Apart from Broony we don't have much physicality in midfield. Ntcham would have been a better option on Sunday.
However we still gubbed these Ibrox arseholes.
What I loved most yesterday was wee Frimpong. Not only his undoubted skill but his tenacity and his getintaethemability. If that's not a word, it should be
Perfect summary. And Frimpong's getintaethemability is wonderful to see in such a young wee lad.

Wat am luvin most bout yesterday is the pain of the hun luvin media it’s palpable check the clowns clown Durham on Twitter wae his greeting bout us havin Foster on loan pure foamin at the mouth hunnery
Every team in Europe have player in and out on loan it's called keeping the game flowing and giving players games instead of sitting on their arses getting fat and picking up fat pay checks, hahaha like Defoe is a Sevco player and not a bournemouth reject.

Every team in Europe have player in and out on loan it's called keeping the game flowing and giving players games instead of sitting on their arses getting fat and picking up fat pay checks, hahaha like Defoe is a Sevco player and not a bournemouth reject.
Defoe had a fantastic game yesterday. Ball never touched him once.
15248503345_32e41e98c7_z.jpg

There are lessons to be learned.....playing players in makeshift positions rarely works.....and playing players who are not 100% match fit usually backfires.....the exceptions to this are the players who have the big hearts with a winning mentality and loads of courage al la Jonny Hayes.....we were outplayed for a lot of the game by a team who collectively were right up for it.....we didn’t have that same collective.....we had passengers who didn’t contribute enough imo.....they also tactically played the conditions and the playing surface better than we did on the day.....on a heavy sodden pitch they didn’t try to overplay a passing game on the ground.....they got the ball forward quickly and fired the ball in to the danger areas at every opportunity.....on the day it can be argued they had more players contributing and up for it than we did.....we had an inspired goalkeeper and a resolve that got us over the line.....there was also a physicality lacking from us on too many occasions as well.....we need to put these things right when we play them next in my humble opinion.....we won and that’s important.....but we have to improve in quite a few areas.....and yes I know injuries played a part.....but like I said at the beginning.....we have to learn from this performance and do things better.....all imo of course

Oh my , how good are sevco 2012 and how hard done by are they .
All I have read and heard is how great sevco played and how dominant they were in the cup final .
What I have not heard so much of is that Celtic had practically half a team due to injuries ,we started the game without a recognised striker and more than half an hour with 10 men .

IIRC Sevco 2012 had their strongest team bar Davis and in truth they will never have a better chance of beating us with the starting 11s .
That was very nearly their best 11 and that was no where near our best 11 and they still failed to beat us .

I said yesterday how the hell are the LL going to spin that loss in the papers tomorrow ,well looks like I have my answer
Can’t argue with a single point there. But don’t want to sound thick here but I’ve got to ask seen it a few times but what does IIRC mean??

There are lessons to be learned.....playing players in makeshift positions rarely works.....and playing players who are not 100% match fit usually backfires.....the exceptions to this are the players who have the big hearts with a winning mentality and loads of courage al la Jonny Hayes.....we were outplayed for a lot of the game by a team who collectively were right up for it.....we didn’t have that same collective.....we had passengers who didn’t contribute enough imo.....they also tactically played the conditions and the playing surface better than we did on the day.....on a heavy sodden pitch they didn’t try to overplay a passing game on the ground.....they got the ball forward quickly and fired the ball in to the danger areas at every opportunity.....on the day it can be argued they had more players contributing and up for it than we did.....we had an inspired goalkeeper and a resolve that got us over the line.....there was also a physicality lacking from us on too many occasions as well.....we need to put these things right when we play them next in my humble opinion.....we won and that’s important.....but we have to improve in quite a few areas.....and yes I know injuries played a part.....but like I said at the beginning.....we have to learn from this performance and do things better.....all imo of course
So true ,we are strong ,yet weak,in the final analysis,we should have been up for it ,ok ,we showed brilliant resistance,and willingness to fight every inch ,but it just gives sevco an excuse to moan their faces off,! We are 100% better than on Sunday,but there are maybe concerns in certain areas,we need to address,if we don’t have a full team ,is this because the players are not laying often enough, Griff,example ,before his situation was running amok ! Sinky?dont know ,my views ,hh

If we had a big target man up front from the start....They widnae get as many balls into oor box...Reason being their defenders were winning every ball against oor wee guys, in their half, and therefore getting possession every time. This went on throughout the game...With Big Eddy on, it changed. I dunno whats happening with the Griff...whether its mental or physical or lennon disny like him. But we need a striker, who is prepared to sit on the bench..... No an easy thing to do...and we can't afford to wait on either Eddy being sold or the Griff coming back

Back