The Get It Off Your Chest Thread

Currently sitting in a pub in Doncaster watching liverpool game. Happen to be sitting at a table with 2 liverpool fans and a guy from coatbridge. Dont know any of these people. Said to the coatbridge guy "you must be celtic".....he replies "I'm I fuck"...before telling me theres 4 orange lodges in coatbridge.
Anyway, not spoke to him after that. Chatting with liverpool boys about Celtic joining a european league with teams from Holland, Portugal etc.....hun pipes in. "You should go back to the republic....youd be welcome there"
I've now told him hes a racist and a bigot and if he opens his mouth to me again I'm dragging him outside and smashing his head in.....cunt
Glad I've got that off my chest 😁

Former deputy chief constable tom wood in the evening shite-"the way to rid scotland of sectarianism is, ban Catholic schools!!!!!!! WTF!:mad::mad:
He actually has a point but it's probably not the one he's trying to make. If kids from Catholic families didn't go to school with just other kids from Catholic families they would go to school with more kids from Protestant families and the effect of kids from hun families on kids from Protestant families would be greatly diminished. This would result in a much lower potential for huncreation in Scottish society at large and over time many of the kids from hun families would not themselves become huns.

bobbysands1-2x.jpg

Currently sitting in a pub in Doncaster watching liverpool game. Happen to be sitting at a table with 2 liverpool fans and a guy from coatbridge. Dont know any of these people. Said to the coatbridge guy "you must be celtic".....he replies "I'm I fuck"...before telling me theres 4 orange lodges in coatbridge.
Anyway, not spoke to him after that. Chatting with liverpool boys about Celtic joining a european league with teams from Holland, Portugal etc.....hun pipes in. "You should go back to the republic....youd be welcome there"
I've now told him hes a racist and a bigot and if he opens his mouth to me again I'm dragging him outside and smashing his head in.....cunt
I was in a McDonald's recently and there was this dude wearing shorts and a vest, fair enough. Liverpool crest tattooed on his neck, fair enough. Big crucifix tattooed on his calf, fair enough. The big Gerrard tattoo the full length of his arm though? 🤔

He actually has a point but it's probably not the one he's trying to make. If kids from Catholic families didn't go to school with just other kids from Catholic families they would go to school with more kids from Protestant families and the effect of kids from hun families on kids from Protestant families would be greatly diminished. This would result in a much lower potential for huncreation in Scottish society at large and over time many of the kids from hun families would not themselves become huns.

bobbysands1-2x.jpg
ban proddy schools then!

Arrrrrg,just belt him one ,no better not ,not worth the shit ! hh

Never understood this line of thinking, if Catholic schools are the cause of sectarianism then why are so many of THEM sectarian bigots?
They blame Catholic schools because its an easy way out and they will take no responsibility for the problems themselves mate. I was raised a protestant and went to a mixed school, my father was ex orange and a mason, all of my family were huns and I was taught by them from a young age that there was a big difference between us and Catholics, dont trust Catholics, keep away from Catholics, Catholics are dirty, you fucking name it I heard it as a child. I never heard any of that shite at school it was all from home.
Anyway as I got older in my early teens more and more of my friends were Catholic, to me they were decent people and not immersed in bigotry like "my people" this trend continued until now. I can honestly say I have never experienced bigotry directed to me from a Catholic and when I jumped the dyke completely about 30 years ago and started following Celtic I have never had anything other than a warm welcome from the Celtic family, never anything less.
To me bigotry begins at home I've witnessed it and when anyone asks me why I'm a Celtic fan the explanation is simple, I'm a social climber. 😉

They blame Catholic schools because its an easy way out and they will take no responsibility for the problems themselves mate. I was raised a protestant and went to a mixed school, my father was ex orange and a mason, all of my family were huns and I was taught by them from a young age that there was a big difference between us and Catholics, dont trust Catholics, keep away from Catholics, Catholics are dirty, you fucking name it I heard it as a child. I never heard any of that shite at school it was all from home.
Anyway as I got older in my early teens more and more of my friends were Catholic, to me they were decent people and not immersed in bigotry like "my people" this trend continued until now. I can honestly say I have never experienced bigotry directed to me from a Catholic and when I jumped the dyke completely about 30 years ago and started following Celtic I have never had anything other than a warm welcome from the Celtic family, never anything less.
To me bigotry begins at home I've witnessed it and when anyone asks me why I'm a Celtic fan the explanation is simple, I'm a social climber. 😉
Hail Hail Hoopy! that's the 🐈 whiskers! Stella(r) comment!

Great comments Hoopy and it certainly begins at home. Sadly will be a few (hopefully) generations, before it’s a thing of the
past. Because as we know that’s where it should be consigned.
If only the Medja hud baws instead of begging for the blue pound. Great post 👏👏
HH Hoopy

HH 🍀

You know whit Hoopy that's probably one of the best posts I've ever read on here, not because it shows up the hypocrisy of the other side of the divide but because you've shown that there are people like your good self who have the sense, decency and guts to reject and rise above the warped mentality and hatred you were surrounded by growing up.

Was brought up Catholic myself, my Da was a Catholic of Irish descent my Ma was a Protestant and as a result religion was never an issue in my family. My Protestant Uncles and Aunts were mostly Celtic daft apart from a one or two who although they were Rangers fans never bought into the whole Catholic hating mentality. We are a mixed bunch but religion has never been an issue for any of us, the way it should be.

I mean this sincerely mate, what you did is not an easy thing to do when you've been immersed in such a mentality from childhood. It would have been easier for you to go along with it yet you stood up and said fuck that......so fucking good on you Hoopy because it's people like yourself who give us hope that we may see an end to this shit one day. Brilliant post!

HH mate (y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back