The Hibs

Winter

Having watched most of that 2-2 game and taking into account how the Hibs have started the season I'm starting to think that perhaps we are looking at the wrong club as our challengers to the 10 I've no doubt that we will beat hibs who are next up for us at CP but I have to say I was pretty impressed by the commitment and work rate they showed I've always thought that the title doesnt depend on the derbies but it might well depend on who deals with this impressive hibs side the better. Luckily for us we have NFL who has a better insight than most to hibs so bring them on , beat the hibs win the derby and the 10 will be closer than I thought at this stage. Slippy will be wishing he could disappear down the couch like the guy in that cazoo advert right about now. All we need do is look after our business and (without getting ahead of myself) things will look after themselves HH

Having watched most of that 2-2 game and taking into account how the Hibs have started the season I'm starting to think that perhaps we are looking at the wrong club as our challengers to the 10 I've no doubt that we will beat hibs who are next up for us at CP but I have to say I was pretty impressed by the commitment and work rate they showed I've always thought that the title doesnt depend on the derbies but it might well depend on who deals with this impressive hibs side the better. Luckily for us we have NFL who has a better insight than most to hibs so bring them on , beat the hibs win the derby and the 10 will be closer than I thought at this stage. Slippy will be wishing he could disappear down the couch like the guy in that cazoo advert right about now. All we need do is look after our business and (without getting ahead of myself) things will look after themselves HH
As long as Lenny is telling our bhoys the same thing, it shouldnae be an issue!
I'm sure we're taking Hibs number building up ti this one! 🍀

Query: the famous 5 if that is what is alluded to here had Bobby Johnstone in it did it no' ? Who's the Bobby there?
Thats Bobby Combe

James Robert Combe (29 January 1924 — 19 January 1991) was a Scottish footballer, who played for Hibernian and was player/manager of Dumbarton for one season. He also represented Scotland and the Scottish League XI.

A schoolboy internationalist,[2] Combe joined his local club Hibernian at the age of 17 from Inveresk Athletic. He was originally an inside right but dropped back to the half back line upon the formation of the Hibs Famous Five forward line, his old position taken by Bobby Johnstone. Despite operating largely in the shadows of the "Five", Combe enjoyed a long and successful career. He won League winners medals in 1948, 1951 and 1952. He also won one Scottish League Cup runners-up medal.

Hibs seem to be flying and without all the issues that surround the pretendy gers. We shouldn't get complacent about either of them and continue focusing on winning every game that comes along.
Spot on the incentive has been handed to us with a game in hand that if all goes well gives us a potential two points advantage should we stay on track and continue winning and playing to our strengths.
Do not know how important Europa is to the club in the business sense but i believe if we go for the domestics than this will bring in revenue more than Europa will, after this season we can maybe focus more on Europe as onl;y then will we also see how the landscape sits with the covid scenario and the huns will have given up any hope of ever been a force once the ten is done, they will realise that they cannot keep spending money they cannot afford chasing lost causes.
The huns are chasing imaginary goals, an eight year old club chasing a 150 year celebration, they are Norman Bates FC, they stick on their grannies clothes and pretend to be her, there is no-one on the rocking chair, just Norman FC and his phsycotic fanbase.

1600620455335.png

Thought the bhoy McGinn had a good game.Anybody think Boyles good enough for the Tic?
I'd take him, Tony. Pace to burn and can play both sides. Might not be top quality, but you sometimes can't beat a clean pair of heels in this league.

Thing is though, judging by what we know and hear - we have young boys that have pace and trickery and can't get a sniff of first-team football. Can't see Boyle being any different.

Members online

Latest posts

Back