The Importance Of This Site And Getting Everyone On It

could be an ecumenical matter,but phuxake the meat market in the sixties.aw it wiz an abbatoir man!!!:D:D:D
It sure was what a place,
Boab,wiz that no santoi country, askin jist tae educate a green friend of ours!!!
It wiz MD but anyone from Calton in general could frequent the area it wiz metrpolitian, as in a friend with weed was a friend indeed.

Boab another illusion shattered!!!
MD I am heading of and if you are on the pipe stick with it as you will get used to it, i am sure cutting sheeps heads off never was easy at first, but you get used to it. Hari kari i am sure the sheep would say when they saw you obviously they couldnae count but they were great wee talkers. Especially when you were on your pipe.
If bands can have yellow submarines then pigs can fly, in fact one was spotted over battersea power station.
See you soon MD

MD I am heading of and if you are on the pipe stick with it as you will get used to it, i am sure cutting sheeps heads off never was easy at first, but you get used to it. Hari kari i am sure the sheep would say when they saw you obviously they couldnae count but they were great wee talkers. Especially when you were on your pipe.
If bands can have yellow submarines then pigs can fly, in fact one was spotted over battersea power station.

(y)gone

I should know, BOAB after studying the subject for many years and not just what you simpletons believe without looking into it yourself, I can categorically tell you the truth that I, The Shamrock know for A FACT that there's no such thing as a sheep and if you think you have spotted something white and fluffy with four legs then you are a fool because it's just a wee man dressed up. Don't forget you heard this from me as I am always right.:geek:
Please tell us that there is no such thing as Dopey Eck and that it is just a hologram that is about to be switched off.

Desmond is so shocked at supporter suggestions that he spends some of his own money to help the team, seen trying to work out where his next loaf is coming from.

Attachments

• 302DFEDD-17F2-48BE-BDBF-3233952885A8.jpeg
    302DFEDD-17F2-48BE-BDBF-3233952885A8.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
i
https://thecelticblog.com/2018/09/b...get-to-the-bottom-of-whats-wrong-in-our-game/

The above link is for the article I posted last night.

That article is about us, about all of us, about fan-power and it contends that we are the last best chance of getting change in the SFA. There are a lot of threads on this site already about that very subject, and I can tell you that moves are afoot in various places and between various parties to move us beyond the current impasse, where at the moment - and it pains me to write this - the biggest cheats in the history of sport in Scotland and probably Britain are going to get away with it.

As things stand right now, there is almost zero chance of us winning on title stripping, the Survival Lie, the Victim Lie, EBT use, corruption at the SFA, the need for an inquiry and, horribly, even Resolution 12 ending in something like justice appears as forlorn hope. Note the stony silence out of Hampden on whether they intend to take that matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport ... they would dearly love that issue to go away.

Right now, as it stands, Celtic is out of remedies. Celtic cannot push on any of these issues because we do not have the support of other clubs. The idea that Celtic could take the matter through the courts has understandable appeal for some people, but I can assure them that the club has explored that avenue with the lawyers and where it's not absolutely impossible the truth is that even if we did, we'd be subjected to the full range of UEFA sanctions for doing so; they would see us banned from European football for a minimum of one year and perhaps even longer.

As I say in the article, one door is definitely closed to us. But there are other doors. Do not underestimate the influence that we have as fans. Celtic supporters put more money into the game here than those of any other club. Any other club, including DeadCo, for all they might claim otherwise. On top of that, I don't think there is a single club on this island which is more engaged over Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and in supporting New Media as ours is. The birth of the Internet Bampots has snatched the news agenda away from the MSM and put it into our hands, and Celtic sites are read across Scottish football by every fan at every club who's asking the questions that matter. They know we're one of the key driving forces of reform.

One of the reasons for that is rarely discussed, perhaps even rarely acknowledged; we are not asking for anything that isn't completely fair.

Celtic sites are not pushing for our club to be selfish, or to look after its own interests first. When we talk about reforms - changes to the SFA elections procedures, publication of how clubs vote on major measures, financial fair play regulations, openness about how decision making works, accountability to the supporters and a full and comprehensive investigation into the events of 2012 and certain matters before and since - we are asking for things that will benefit the game as a whole. None of this would work to the detriment of other clubs. None would carve up territory or power and hand it to us.

We say what we mean and we mean what we say. Fans elsewhere get it, and support it.

This site is an amalgam of the work done by three Celtic fan blogs; The CelticBlog itself, VideoCelts and The Celtic Star. Those involved in those sites have wide experience working in Celtic cyberspace and have links with various other sites including CQN, E-Tims, Celts From The South, IndyCelts and others. Whilst the brainchild of the three sites mentioned first, we consider this a partnership involving all Celtic fans.

Indeed, we consider this a partnership which wants to link arms with sites which aren't exclusively for our supporters; some will disagree with me, but I consider The Scottish Football Monitor to still be the most important site on Scottish football cyberspace, with its wide range of views from across the game. Those who run it are allies and friends; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This forum is here to help us organise better.

Nothing like it has been done before, and there will be ups and downs and hiccups along the way, but the unified nature of it marks it out as special, as different, as something that can drive, and then affect, real change.

Hey, you might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

One road has closed for us; we can no longer rely on the club to keep pushing the issues. It's our turn now.

As I said in the piece, in a section quoting one of my favourite writers; "I said victory could not be achieved by arms. I still hope for victory, but not by arms."

The fans are the real power in football in Scotland; it's just that they haven't really realised it yet.

Part of our job here is to give them a shake, and wake them the Hell up.

If you know people who care about these issues, get them involved on this site and let's start talking about how we fix this.
I enjoyed reading that, James. Still feeling my way around the site. HH

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/09/b...get-to-the-bottom-of-whats-wrong-in-our-game/

That article is about us, about all of us, about fan-power and it contends that we are the last best chance of getting change in the SFA. There are a lot of threads on this site already about that very subject, and I can tell you that moves are afoot in various places and between various parties to move us beyond the current impasse, where at the moment - and it pains me to write this - the biggest cheats in the history of sport in Scotland and probably Britain are going to get away with it.

As things stand right now, there is almost zero chance of us winning on title stripping, the Survival Lie, the Victim Lie, EBT use, corruption at the SFA, the need for an inquiry and, horribly, even Resolution 12 ending in something like justice appears as forlorn hope. Note the stony silence out of Hampden on whether they intend to take that matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport ... they would dearly love that issue to go away.

Right now, as it stands, Celtic is out of remedies. Celtic cannot push on any of these issues because we do not have the support of other clubs. The idea that Celtic could take the matter through the courts has understandable appeal for some people, but I can assure them that the club has explored that avenue with the lawyers and where it's not absolutely impossible the truth is that even if we did, we'd be subjected to the full range of UEFA sanctions for doing so; they would see us banned from European football for a minimum of one year and perhaps even longer.

As I say in the article, one door is definitely closed to us. But there are other doors. Do not underestimate the influence that we have as fans. Celtic supporters put more money into the game here than those of any other club. Any other club, including DeadCo, for all they might claim otherwise. On top of that, I don't think there is a single club on this island which is more engaged over Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and in supporting New Media as ours is. The birth of the Internet Bampots has snatched the news agenda away from the MSM and put it into our hands, and Celtic sites are read across Scottish football by every fan at every club who's asking the questions that matter. They know we're one of the key driving forces of reform.

One of the reasons for that is rarely discussed, perhaps even rarely acknowledged; we are not asking for anything that isn't completely fair.

Celtic sites are not pushing for our club to be selfish, or to look after its own interests first. When we talk about reforms - changes to the SFA elections procedures, publication of how clubs vote on major measures, financial fair play regulations, openness about how decision making works, accountability to the supporters and a full and comprehensive investigation into the events of 2012 and certain matters before and since - we are asking for things that will benefit the game as a whole. None of this would work to the detriment of other clubs. None would carve up territory or power and hand it to us.

We say what we mean and we mean what we say. Fans elsewhere get it, and support it.

This site is an amalgam of the work done by three Celtic fan blogs; The CelticBlog itself, VideoCelts and The Celtic Star. Those involved in those sites have wide experience working in Celtic cyberspace and have links with various other sites including CQN, E-Tims, Celts From The South, IndyCelts and others. Whilst the brainchild of the three sites mentioned first, we consider this a partnership involving all Celtic fans.

Indeed, we consider this a partnership which wants to link arms with sites which aren't exclusively for our supporters; some will disagree with me, but I consider The Scottish Football Monitor to still be the most important site on Scottish football cyberspace, with its wide range of views from across the game. Those who run it are allies and friends; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Nothing like it has been done before, and there will be ups and downs and hiccups along the way, but the unified nature of it marks it out as special, as different, as something that can drive, and then affect, real change.

One road has closed for us; we can no longer rely on the club to keep pushing the issues. It's our turn now.

As I said in the piece, in a section quoting one of my favourite writers; "I said victory could not be achieved by arms. I still hope for victory, but not by arms."

The fans are the real power in football in Scotland; it's just that they haven't really realised it yet.

If you know people who care about these issues, get them involved on this site and let's start talking about how we fix this.

Superb James but once again will be left for fans. Maybe Celtic fan groups demand a meeting with the various hovering bodies a give them an ultimatum that we boycot all away games including cup.

Members online

Latest posts

Back