The Last Chance Saloon: Some Players May Not Have Much Time Left In Paradise

If I were BR, I'd entertain bids for Sinclair. Even if he does recapture his form he's reaching the end of his shelf life, is as likely to go off the boil again and we're unlikely to be getting large bids in future.

I'd add Jonny Hayes to the list. Injuries aside, with the emergence of Mikey Johnson and the signing of Lewis Morgan he will be on the outside looking in. That's not where a mature player wants to be. If Sinclair doesn't go he's unlikely to even make the bench.

I would add Hayes to the list , just don’t think he has what it takes, I’d take Christie off the list along with Bitton and I’d add Lustig to the list. The hallmark of any club that is going through a period of domination is squad regeneration in other words knowing the right time to offload players even popular players and replacing them with younger versions. I don’t see this as being a strength of ours given that our squad always seems too big.

Celtic won't punt Lustig unless he wants to go imo. Won't be first choice when we get through the next transfer window, but will fill the Izzy role on the other side or choose to go elsewhere to get first team football.

I'd defo keep Christie, Biton if he wants to stay, maybe Kouassi. Hayes should be on the list. Him and Scott Allan are never Celtic players. Gamboa.....wtf....the manager worked with him before, signed him then effectively dropped him for a whole season. Definitely a player, never a defender.

I’d like us to play a 3-5-2 regularly with Gamboa playing as a wing back
The problem with that is that instead of competing with Lustig, he’s competing with Forrest.... and he’s better going forward and every bit as good defensively - maybe more diligent. Personally I think wing back is Forrest’s best position

Few faces need moved on indeed. Have to refresh the squad every summer window in my opinion to keep players on there toes.

Latest posts

Back