The Manager

A bit of an oversimplification about MON having no tactics but the jist of it was to have good players and play them in their best positions. I think the only person he adapted was switching Agathe from an attacking player to wingback.

We couldn't afford to buy players of Sutton, Hartson or Lennon's stature these days as that level of player in England is going for £30m+, but the principle is the same.

MON's time has passed I'm afraid. But I am still hoping that Lennon gets his act together and sorts out the shit that is obviously going on behind the scenes. I also suspect that if he delivers 10 then he may still walk away so not sure who we would get as his successor - Lawwell would want Kennedy no doubt, but that doesn't inspire me one bit.
ive been waiting for him to solve the glaring mistakes for too long

had my support right up to half time

even though I didn't enjoy the product he offering

but even at half time he persisted with same gash

then threw players under bus again

the hubris and torpor has grown over last season

and he thinks its fantastic then 3 days later claims they aren't as good as they seem to think

I also dont think mon reasons for leaving were really reason for leaving

he over bloated wages and put club in a financial mess despite getting to euro final

he had disconnect with reality of sustainability

and that situation is 100 times worse under the sky subsidy system

it now costs more for worse players and the pool of good enough young players to win trebles is getting smaller and equally expensive

you either find a sugar daddy to compete with the sky leagues or you build your own team with the reality that it may not win title as you replace players with an ever increasing decline in stature

the financial model of football is bizarre

its killing game and players good enough can afford to stick their fingers up if they dont get what they want

broken

I also dont think mon reasons for leaving were really reason for leaving

he over bloated wages and put club in a financial mess despite getting to euro final

he had disconnect with reality of sustainability

and that situation is 100 times worse under the sky subsidy system

it now costs more for worse players and the pool of good enough young players to win trebles is getting smaller and equally expensive

you either find a sugar daddy to compete with the sky leagues or you build your own team with the reality that it may not win title as you replace players with an ever increasing decline in stature

the financial model of football is bizarre

its killing game and players good enough can afford to stick their fingers up if they dont get what they want

broken

Probably beyond repair...

I like Neil Lennon....Because of his mental health he will probably be suffering more than most....When he came back....we were loving him...he got the 9.....I was a big supporter of him returning.
I really think now is the time for a change, I know people say, give him time etc etc....and yes, we don't really know how he 'gets on' with the board...He came back so make yer own mind up......But his team selections of late have been 'interesting' to say the least......Same happened last time at the early Euro stages.....against Cluj....All the fans thinking...why did he leave our millions of pounds new players, on the bench. Another strange decision, and what happens...We get knocked oot. Last night was the same.....Spent millions on strikers.....Left on the bench.....Weer knocked oot again....I am still a wee bit suspicious of Eddy not making the bench...Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, but playing wi no striker in basically a cup final.....Poor decision...No excuse...

Bring back Martin O'Neill....He would have played 2 up top last night....He would have had big hard CB's in place. I know he had Henrick last time round, but, MON knows Scottish football, and Euro football....I am sure he would do a good job.....
U want to change the manager in our 10 in a row season that's already started wit if it took 4/5 month for players to get into his tactics and way of playing by that time that mob wid be way ahead in league ffs we just need to clear cunts out n buy better it's the buying strategy I'm wary of shved no look in away on loan klimala cannae get a game afore a midfielder wheres that soro boy?? Its no fuckin good enough celtic as a whole

U want to change the manager in our 10 in a row season that's already started wit if it took 4/5 month for players to get into his tactics and way of playing by that time that mob wid be way ahead in league ffs we just need to clear cunts out n buy better it's the buying strategy I'm wary of shved no look in away on loan klimala cannae get a game afore a midfielder wheres that soro boy?? Its no fuckin good enough celtic as a whole
I have bad feeling lennon will NOT win league this year unless he fixes some glaring issues

And I dont think he sees the issues

And he doesn't even play his own purchases

And generally he has let torpor and hubris into the side

If he wins 10 and its possible

coz our players are good enough

but I have no confidence in him after last few games and his interviews

I also have no confidence in board but not for financial reasons, just same torpor and hubris

I think things will get worse before it gets better unless something radical happens

and even if it does get worse we might actually still win the league thats how bad Scottish football has got.

A club full of torpor and hubris might actually win the league while getting worse on the pitch

cause same issues are prevalent across the entire game

I have bad feeling lennon will NOT win league this year unless he fixes some glaring issues

And I dont think he sees the issues

And he doesn't even play his own purchases

And generally he has let torpor and hubris into the side

If he wins 10 and its possible

coz our players are good enough

but I have no confidence in him after last few games and his interviews

I also have no confidence in board but not for financial reasons, just same torpor and hubris

I think things will get worse before it gets better unless something radical happens

and even if it does get worse we might actually still win the league thats how bad Scottish football has got.

A club full of torpor and hubris might actually win the league while getting worse on the pitch

cause same issues are prevalent across the entire game

Does Lenny look well to you TET?

Just watching him now on stv news giving interview.....He looks stressed tae fuck....Deffo not feeling happy or at his best. See what TET has to say

I don’t know.....his demeanour worries me.....I just hope he’s alright.....he’s carrying a bit of weight which I wouldn’t have expected.....as he’s always led by example.....hmmmm?

Many of us were pointing out these exact issues concerning Lenny as a manager when he was being touted to replace BR and were met with the 'whit ye got against Lenny'/'ah yer just being negative' pish or 'he's a good Celtic man who knows whit it's all about'/'he knows the Scottish game better than some foreigner' nonsense!

I'm no bringing this up to say 'told you so' I bring it up as a warning for the next time we're in the market for a manager. All that crap is irrelevant in comparison to having a tactically astute manager with the ability to come up with a system that gets the best out of his players and knows how and when to change things when he's not, a manager who can take a collection of individuals and make them a cohesive unit and more than the sum of their parts!

The whole 'Celtic man' thing has it's merits up to a point but just like players on the pitch it matters not a fuck if the ability and know how is lacking and that was always the issue for some of us with Lenny coming back, 'Celtic man' or not we thought he lacked the tactical ability and know how.

That said all the blame for this latest debacle and those that came before can't be laid solely at Lenny's door, there's a few in this squad who've become too comfortable living off past form. Some of these bhoys are under the illusion that their past performances have made them indispensable and that the jersey is theirs to keep come what may! Well they need a good fucking kick up the arse and reminded that it is Celtic Football Club they play for and you either keep your standards high or you can fuck off and be comfortable at some no mark club where you'll win fuck all.

Then there's Lawell and the board. Funny that MON has come up in the conversation because this mob have been employing the same old flawed policies ever since he left. When are they going to come up with a new strategy, when are they going to realise that how they are going about their business with regards to team matters is what results in nights like last night.

About time every one of them stepped up to the mark because every one of them can do better and every one of them know it!

Last edited:
Here's a crazy idea......pick a team and a formation and stick to it. Play players in their natural positions. Sign players for the positions we need to fill. Sign players with experience who can go straight into the team and contribute. Maybe knock it on the heid signing 'projects' for a bit, work harder with the ones we've already bought, find out if they're going to cut it or not and if not move them on before signing any more.

Mad idea I know 🙄

Last edited:
I think we are at a stage now if we want to progress any further in Europe we need to employ a European coach.
We are using the same tactics year in year out and where is it getting us ??.
I have never at anytime thought Lenny was the man for the job but what I have always thought Lenny was Peter Lawwell,s right man,from his very first game against Hearts at Tynecastle the first person Lenny acknowledged was Lawwell with the fist pump I thought then the job is yours Lenny and all you need to be is Lawwell,s yes man.
If we had a Spanish or Italian coach at Parkhead can you imagine the knowledge and probably some class they would bring to our game,maybe even get past the second round in the Champions League qualifying stages.
Cant be a lot worse than what we are going through now..

HH..

Here's a crazy idea......pick a team and a formation and stick to it. Play players in their natural positions. Sign players for the positions we need to fill. Sign players with experience who can go straight into the team and contribute. Maybe knock it on the heid signing 'projects' for a bit, work harder with the ones we've already bought, find out if they're going to cut or not and if not move them on before signing any more.

Mad idea I know 🙄
Why would he want to do that Shadow2..thats a recipe for success you have just quoted..

HH.

Last edited:
ive been waiting for him to solve the glaring mistakes for too long

had my support right up to half time

even though I didn't enjoy the product he offering

but even at half time he persisted with same gash

then threw players under bus again

the hubris and torpor has grown over last season

and he thinks its fantastic then 3 days later claims they aren't as good as they seem to think
That's fair enough TET. It is quite clear that this humiliation has resulted in a lot of wavering supporters completely losing their faith in Lenny. I appreciate that and totally understand why so won't try to tell you that you are wrong - maybe I am being naive and just sticking my head in the sand.

As you may remember although I thought Lenny would get the job permanently I was always cautious as his approach to tactics could be quite mind boggling at times.

However I would support him and I was pleasantly surprised when he turned things around with the 3-5-2 after Dubai. Although my patience is wearing thin, I will still back him to improve things again - but he had better do it and not become a Mowbray Mark II.

The last few games have mostly been poor and last night was sickening - but sadly predictable (when you saw his line up) and very avoidable. I don't really believe Neil thought they were fantastic against Utd or Killie but was instead trying not to publicly slate his players but trying to build them up instead. Now last night he did call out the players and he is being ridiculed for throwing his players under the bus.

It would be very wrong to speculate on a public forum about a person's mental health but seeing as Neil has bravely spoken about his tough battle in the past, I think we all hope he is keeping well and has coped with this lockdown as it has been a problem for many with similar issues who are not under the extreme public pressure our manager has to endure.

The sobering aspect is we are grudingly accepting that the Europa League is our level, but we still might not make it there. A tricky one off away tie (or even home tie, seeing as we have no crowd) may trip us up again!

I think we are at a stage now if we want to progress any further in Europe we need to employ a European coach.
We are using the same tactics year in year out and where is it getting us ??.
I have never at anytime thought Lenny was the man for the job but what I have always thought Lenny was Peter Lawwell right man,from his very first game against Hearts at Tynecastle the first person Lenny acknowledged was Lawwell with the pump fist

Why would he want to do that Shadow2..thats a recipe for success you have just quoted..

HH.
I don't really care where the coach is from, but as an absolute must, he must be able to teach the team how to defend. Rodgers couldn't do it and it was insinuated at the time that was kennedys job. Lennon took over and sorta stemmed the tide for a while and now he's as bad as what Rodgers was. Jullien was decent last year, but so far this year he's like bambi on ice. As for ajer there's times you'd move quicker in a hearse.

Here's a crazy idea......pick a team and a formation and stick to it. Play players in their natural positions. Sign players for the positions we need to fill. Sign players with experience who can go straight into the team and contribute. Maybe knock it on the heid signing 'projects' for a bit, work harder with the ones we've already bought, find out if they're going to cut or not and if not move them on before signing any more.

Mad idea I know 🙄
Exactly, pal. Our "projects" should be the fantsstic youngsters we already have coming through our youth system.

Try developing them by breaking them into the first team squad over the period of a couple of seasons instead of flinging them inyo a couple of league cup ties and giving them 10 minutes in an end of season game that doesn't matter before releasing them. I got fed up of our youth teams dominating their age groups and then none of them getting a chance.

I guess we have had Forrest, Tierney, CalMac break into the first team over the last decade or so, which is a pathetic return considering the investment and talent we have had.

Last edited:
Back