The Manager

lennono

I like Neil Lennon....Because of his mental health he will probably be suffering more than most....When he came back....we were loving him...he got the 9.....I was a big supporter of him returning.
I really think now is the time for a change, I know people say, give him time etc etc....and yes, we don't really know how he 'gets on' with the board...He came back so make yer own mind up......But his team selections of late have been 'interesting' to say the least......Same happened last time at the early Euro stages.....against Cluj....All the fans thinking...why did he leave our millions of pounds new players, on the bench. Another strange decision, and what happens...We get knocked oot. Last night was the same.....Spent millions on strikers.....Left on the bench.....Weer knocked oot again....I am still a wee bit suspicious of Eddy not making the bench...Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, but playing wi no striker in basically a cup final.....Poor decision...No excuse...

Bring back Martin O'Neill....He would have played 2 up top last night....He would have had big hard CB's in place. I know he had Henrick last time round, but, MON knows Scottish football, and Euro football....I am sure he would do a good job.....

I like Neil Lennon....Because of his mental health he will probably be suffering more than most....When he came back....we were loving him...he got the 9.....I was a big supporter of him returning.
I really think now is the time for a change, I know people say, give him time etc etc....and yes, we don't really know how he 'gets on' with the board...He came back so make yer own mind up......But his team selections of late have been 'interesting' to say the least......Same happened last time at the early Euro stages.....against Cluj....All the fans thinking...why did he leave our millions of pounds new players, on the bench. Another strange decision, and what happens...We get knocked oot. Last night was the same.....Spent millions on strikers.....Left on the bench.....Weer knocked oot again....I am still a wee bit suspicious of Eddy not making the bench...Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, but playing wi no striker in basically a cup final.....Poor decision...No excuse...

Bring back Martin O'Neill....He would have played 2 up top last night....He would have had big hard CB's in place. I know he had Henrick last time round, but, MON knows Scottish football, and Euro football....I am sure he would do a good job.....
You're not serious bigman?
As much as I think Lennon hasn't a clue, I wouldn't let O'Neill run a bath. Look what he has done since he was at Celtic. He made an absolute hooer of the Ireland team. No thanks

Footballs moved on from MON style of football

"

There were times you would turn up on a Friday, and you wouldn't know what formation you're playing on a Saturday, he'd just read a list, and I'd have to look at Neil Lennon and ask: 'What formation are we playing?' There was no information whatsoever.
But I tell you, he knew his players, you knew where you stood with him. If you played well for him, the confidence he'd give you, the way he could make you feel, you'd just want to run even more for him afterwards.
What is Martin's biggest strength? That's simple. Players want to win for him and that is not the case with every manager. Martin is one of those managers that players will go the extra mile for and that is why he has enjoyed such a successful career over so many years.
The manager didn’t actually say much to be honest with you, he kind of just read out the team and we were trying to figure out where everyone was playing. When he read the team out a few of the lads were saying ‘are you playing off the striker?’ and I was like ‘I think I could be’.
But then Steve Walford comes around and he gives you the set-pieces and how the shape is going to set up.
Obviously as we got closer to the game I realised that I was playing there and it was another challenge.

International Teams and Club teams...2 very different jobs....He made a very good Celtic Team who reached a Euro Final...canny be aw that bad

O Neill had Henrik Larsson...massive key to his success.... remember, Strachan got us to the cl last 16 with an inferior team and within a bawhair of taking the eventual winners to penalties......I still maintain that if Strachan had Larsson, he'd have gotten us to the final that year....anyway, point is, O'Neill was right place right time
Lennon needs to stay but he needs to stop being faithful to players who are underperforming

Im not a fan of MON

but he would be better than Lennon tactically

Dont think we have the resources he would demand to pick his style.

we wouldn't be able to afford wages of any players of the signings of quality and experience he bought back then.

We might have massive resources in Scottish context

but to get the higher grade players we need is way beyond our resources and I dont think a spend big policy is viable

I think we have best players in country

we need a better manager of what we have available and good eye for cost effective additions in our weak areas

not an easy job

but lennon is not the man for me. I thought given our constraints he would be good enough. But his lack of awareness is glaring to me.

his selections are not obvious and dont make sense to me.

his team shape is gash

discipline on off field is weak

and its never his fault or his selections

everything is just fantastic

O Neill had Henrik Larsson...massive key to his success.... remember, Strachan got us to the cl last 16 with an inferior team and within a bawhair of taking the eventual winners to penalties......I still maintain that if Strachan had Larsson, he'd have gotten us to the final that year....anyway, point is, O'Neill was right place right time
Lennon needs to stay but he needs to stop being faithful to players who are underperforming
Agree with you Docco regarding Strachan......I think MON made it the right time when he arrived...that's the difference

Is it just me or does anyone think the departure of Damian Duff has had a major effect on the form of the team.🤔 Things just dont seem right.
That's one of the first things that came into my head last night.
I don't know enough about the day to day operations at the club, but I know the players loved duff and had massive respect for him.
I'm still confused at what Kennedys role is???

Im not a fan of MON

but he would be better than Lennon tactically

Dont think we have the resources he would demand to pick his style.

we wouldn't be able to afford wages of any players of the signings of quality and experience he bought back then.

We might have massive resources in Scottish context

but to get the higher grade players we need is way beyond our resources and I dont think a spend big policy is viable

I think we have best players in country

we need a better manager of what we have available and good eye for cost effective additions in our weak areas

not an easy job

but lennon is not the man for me. I thought given our constraints he would be good enough. But his lack of awareness is glaring to me.

his selections are not obvious and dont make sense to me.

his team shape is gash

discipline on off field is weak

and its never his fault or his selections

everything is just fantastic
Martin O'Neill had no tactics. The players just went out and played, many of them have said they don't know what way he wanted them to play.
Maybe that's they key, here lads just go out there and enjoy yourselves.
No paralysis by analysis, just get the ball up the field as quick as ye can and if ye get the chance then shoot!
Fuck it, I might throw my hat in the ring!

Martin O'Neill had no tactics. The players just went out and played, many of them have said they don't know what way he wanted them to play.
No paralysis by analysis, just get the ball up the field as quick as ye can and if ye get the chance then shoot!
A bit of an oversimplification about MON having no tactics but the jist of it was to have good players and play them in their best positions. I think the only person he adapted was switching Agathe from an attacking player to wingback.

We couldn't afford to buy players of Sutton, Hartson or Lennon's stature these days as that level of player in England is going for £30m+, but the principle is the same.

MON's time has passed I'm afraid. But I am still hoping that Lennon gets his act together and sorts out the shit that is obviously going on behind the scenes. I also suspect that if he delivers 10 then he may still walk away so not sure who we would get as his successor - Lawwell would want Kennedy no doubt, but that doesn't inspire me one bit.

if you sign a player with great experience of certain position with certain style and you dont instruct him he will revert to his talent

same with a young player

but if they aren't doing what your expecting you need to address that

mon had luxury of signing players with certain positional awareness with real pedigree

if you have an international left midfielder with good awareness then you dont need to tell them much

but if your playing him in a weird place with no instructions or if he is young and learning then you need to be specific either in system training or individually

They must have trained systems under oniel

cause the shape would change under different situations and it was pretty accurate to adapt to opposition

but it was distinctive with players who knew those particular roles

I dont see any shape like that with lennon

I cant tell what position any of our forwards are actually playing under lennon

could be totally fluid

but I suspect they just have no clue what the plan is?

our players currently dont look up on final pass or avoid final pass by just irrationally blasting ball

that didn't happen under mon

or if it did they got hooked

but no matter what our players do

lennon says its so fantastic

fantasy is correct imo

its not professional football

might get away with individual flair in scotland but it doesn't add synergy to the team

its just 11 players

add their strength together I dont think celtic are currently greater than their parts

Mon team was much better than sum of the individual players

he also had much better more experienced players and he made sure they were fit on off pitch

if your team is doing what you expect you dont need to be specific very often

MON had luxury of real international high grade players playing in positions they understood

Back