The Noise... and a bit of time travelling !

Frank Owen

I was doin' my usual speed-read of the posts when I noticed a familiar name as our latest member: a name that took me back almost 50 years ! I thought to myself, could it be ? Nah, just coincidence I told myself. Then I remembered only too well that the Eddie Corr I knew all those years ago was a Celtic supporter who, like myself, loved our club with a passion, and also like myself, refused to get involved with the pernicious baggage which raises its ugly head sometimes.
I thought back to that time when I worked for an engineering company in Hillington Estate, and young Eddie was an apprentice. I also remembered he was planning to go to Canada when his time was out.
So, nothing ventured and all that: I sent him a PM. Lo and behold, it's one and the same Eddie Corr .
A lovely surprise, and a truly wonderful example of the reach of this terrific forum of hours.
Needless to say, we're planning to meet up next time Eddie's home.

Just a wee PS to all those prodigal noisers who, I'm quite sure, still read the posts without logging on. Come on back. Each and every one of you were, and are, part of a unique community of Celtic addicts.

Last edited:
I was doin' my usual speed-read of the posts when I noticed a familiar name as our latest member: a name that took me back almost 50 years ! I thought to myself, could it be ? Nah, just coincidence I told myself. Then I remembered only too well that the Eddie Corr I knew all those years ago was a Celtic supporter who, like myself, loved our club with a passion, and also like myself, refused to get involved with the pernicious baggage which raises its ugly head sometimes.
I thought back to that time when I worked for an engineering company in Hillington Estate, and young Eddie was an apprentice. I also remembered he was planning to go to Canada when his time was out.
So, nothing ventured and all that: I sent him a PM. Lo and behold, it's one and the same Eddie Corr .
A lovely surprise, and a truly wonderful example of the reach of this terrific forum of hours.
Needless to say, we're planning to meet up next time Eddie's home.

Just a wee PS to all those prodigal noisers who, I'm quite sure, still read the posts without logging on. Come on back. Each and every one of you were, and are, part of a unique community of Celtic addicts.
Nice one👍

Back