The overhyped EPL

Jst watched the first half hour of Chelsea v Man City.
Chelsea a team put together for hundreds of millions of £,s at home with 11 men behind the ball hopin for a breakaway Fukin brutal tae watch.
Ryder Cup wins it for me!
i don't watch a minute of the EPL
Not even MOD

A league that buys the 'best' athletes and they nullify each other so the games are often shite
mind you the only fitba i watch outside celtic is scotland
oh and the huns when theyre playing a team thats likely to beat them

fecking love the ryder cup, was shite this year though

Jst watched the first half hour of Chelsea v Man City.
Chelsea a team put together for hundreds of millions of £,s at home with 11 men behind the ball hopin for a breakaway Fukin brutal tae watch.
Ryder Cup wins it for me!
They broke the game

Too much money
Steal all the best players by offering life changing wages
All other leagues outside the funny money decline
The passion and football in their hyped league declines as their third string players wont leave because they like the money at big clubs
And their competition declines as the pool of big club ready players declines because mediocre players get bigger wages than ever in their leagues. And few good enough players are motivated for wages at big clubs outside the funny money league.

They broke the game

i don't watch a minute of the EPL
Not even MOD

A league that buys the 'best' athletes and they nullify each other so the games are often shite
mind you the only fitba i watch outside celtic is scotland
oh and the huns when theyre playing a team thats likely to beat them

fecking love the ryder cup, was shite this year though
stopped watching the epl shite years ago ,i've never ever seen a good game of football on it ,the spl is turning the same way with every shite team parking the bus

Watching PSG and man city even worse, the amount of money spent by both is gross and surely not good for the game. Messi , neymar, mbappe, donnarumma v grealish, de Bruyne , cancelo etc I've only seen the highlights looked like city shouldve got something but I really hope that neither of these pretendy big clubs are winners come the end of the final. I'd rather see a side like sheriff tiraspol win it. If Celtic want to know how to defend we could do worse than watch them put their bodies on the line for 96 minutes. Though how madrid lost that game was unreal but you need luck and the sheriff goalie took a hamish hotshot to the face from modric and still made great saves after. The goalie btw is on loan from Aek athens and was brilliant we were sold a pig in a poke from Athens

They broke the game

Too much money
The passion and football in their hyped league declines as their third string players wont leave because they like the money at big clubs
And their competition declines as the pool of big club ready players declines because mediocre players get bigger wages than ever in their leagues. And few good enough players are motivated for wages at big clubs outside the funny money league.

They broke the game
Too true and they slag and slur our game whilst stealing our players for pennies compared to had they come from belgium or Holland, which quite often they originally did

They broke the game

Too much money

They broke the game
Aye and how do they ever reel it back now??unless salary caps come in from uefa that leagues heading towards goin bust

Aye and how do they ever reel it back now??unless salary caps come in from uefa that leagues heading towards goin bust
Jimmy Hill was the guy who fought to get rid of the maximum wage in football. I read something recently that said up to the end of max wage era (early 60s I think)the top players earned 3.5 X the average national wage.
If that was still policy the top players would be on aboot £150,000 a year.
Now ye have Ronaldo earning 480,000 a week.
The money affects their balance during games. It's the falling down league.

Last edited:
Jimmy Hill was the guy who fought to get rid of the maximum wage in football. I read something recently recently that said up to the end of max wage era (early 60s I think)the top players earned 3.5 X the average national wage.
If that was still policy the top players would be on aboot £150,000 a year.
Now ye have Ronaldo earning 480,000 a week.
The money affects their balance during games. It's the falling down league.
See your top top players like Ronaldo will still make a hell of a lot of cash through they're sponsorships with a cap in place but to get a half million bare wage a week before all the sponsors n shit they got going is disgusting

Already stated in a post some time ago, if I wasn't so wrapped up in following Celtic, it wouldn't bother me if I never watched football for the rest of my life. Clubs losing their identity, becoming no more than a plaything to some billionaire who gives not a feck for the community who've had a lifelong attachment to their club. Everything I detest in life is now to be found in football.

Already stated in a post some time ago, if I wasn't so wrapped up in following Celtic, it wouldn't bother me if I never watched football for the rest of my life. Clubs losing their identity, becoming no more than a plaything to some billionaire who gives not a feck for the community who've had a lifelong attachment to their club. Everything I detest in life is now to be found in football.
Great post Frank. dare I say, my thoughts exactly.

I would cap players wages at £10,000 a week ( still a pretty sum). If they don’t want to play for that I’m sure there is a nice cold wet building site down the road they could get a job. If this was to happen players may stay with their local sides as there is no advantage to uploading the family elsewhere. Then teams would be more evenly matched and the leagues more competitive

UEFA won't and cant do that , the salary caps break trade laws etc bs. Until the Saudis Emirates and other consortiums run out of cash ( that'll be the day hell freezes over) nothing will change, the rebel 3 super league clubs arent now to be punished, though Barcelona are getting their karma right now. I honestly think it will take a loss of interest from the public and I admit I didnt watch one full champions league match just highlights. When everyone does something like that is the only way they will drop the cash input.

I would cap players wages at £10,000 a week ( still a pretty sum). If they don’t want to play for that I’m sure there is a nice cold wet building site down the road they could get a job. If this was to happen players may stay with their local sides as there is no advantage to uploading the family elsewhere. Then teams would be more evenly matched and the leagues more competitive
I would play a few games a season for £10000

Latest posts

Back