The people and the cause

26+6=1

"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause." - Tommy Burns

The main problem at Celtic is a cabal at the corporate level who see us not as people but as the revenue stream. The only cause which concerns them is personal gain.
They have learned many lessons about exploitation of the customer base by watching the machinations at Sevco. If the Birger Melling story turns out to be misinformation it will further highlight the use of Sevconian practises to manipulate the customer base.
These people have banked and pocketed tens of millions whilst downgrading the team at every opportunity for further gain.
We're sponsored by a bookie and seem increasingly prone to questionable results; like thrown games at Ibrox.
There needs to be change and it needs to start at the very top. Dermot Desmond is a billionaire. He doesn't need the profit he makes from Celtic. If those who own significant shares in the club are not prepared to run it in accordance with the sentiment expressed by Tommy Burns they need to go.
I think we need to launch a campaign for fan ownership to buy out those who do not have our best interests at heart. It would require thousands of fans committing whatever hundreds or thousands they each could afford or a set number and set amount.
We are not like the sheepul; we are a people who have known genocide, discrimination and exploitation for centuries but rather than sit at the back of the bus we burnt the buses. Our day has come and it's time the people took control of the cause.

"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause." - Tommy Burns

The main problem at Celtic is a cabal at the corporate level who see us not as people but as the revenue stream. The only cause which concerns them is personal gain.
They have learned many lessons about exploitation of the customer base by watching the machinations at Sevco. If the Birger Melling story turns out to be misinformation it will further highlight the use of Sevconian practises to manipulate the customer base.
These people have banked and pocketed tens of millions whilst downgrading the team at every opportunity for further gain.
We're sponsored by a bookie and seem increasingly prone to questionable results; like thrown games at Ibrox.
There needs to be change and it needs to start at the very top. Dermot Desmond is a billionaire. He doesn't need the profit he makes from Celtic. If those who own significant shares in the club are not prepared to run it in accordance with the sentiment expressed by Tommy Burns they need to go.
I think we need to launch a campaign for fan ownership to buy out those who do not have our best interests at heart. It would require thousands of fans committing whatever hundreds or thousands they each could afford or a set number and set amount.
We are not like the sheepul; we are a people who have known genocide, discrimination and exploitation for centuries but rather than sit at the back of the bus we burnt the buses. Our day has come and it's time the people took control of the cause.
Absolutely love the sentiments, PPM, I really do - but I'm of the opinion that power eventually corrupts and even with a supporter-owned club, there are prominent individuals who begin to wield too much influence over proceedings.

Even the successful clubs who operate a similar model (Barcelona) are often driven by a small cabal who exert influence on the local press and businesses during election season.

In a divided city, like Glasgow, and with a support that has a footprint in all habitable continents, the likelihood of having a unified support and a clean electoral system would be nigh on impossible.

Shit.........I'm being overly negative about something that I would love to be our model of ownership.

Love the post. Love the idea. I'm too pessimistic by far.........Power to the People (but not the peepull)!

Absolutely love the sentiments, PPM, I really do - but I'm of the opinion that power eventually corrupts and even with a supporter-owned club, there are prominent individuals who begin to wield too much influence over proceedings.

Even the successful clubs who operate a similar model (Barcelona) are often driven by a small cabal who exert influence on the local press and businesses during election season.

In a divided city, like Glasgow, and with a support that has a footprint in all habitable continents, the likelihood of having a unified support and a clean electoral system would be nigh on impossible.

Shit.........I'm being overly negative about something that I would love to be our model of ownership.

Love the post. Love the idea. I'm too pessimistic by far.........Power to the People (but not the peepull)!

I was going to write exactly what SP said......honest.....he got in there 1st......promise ???

I'd be in favour of a technocratic administration; a club run by people who are proven experts in their roles and answerable to the fans. It might well turn out to be chaos but it would be our chaos and as long as everyone adhered to core Celtic principles I think we'd manage.

I'd be in favour of a technocratic administration; a club run by people who are proven experts in their roles and answerable to the fans. It might well turn out to be chaos but it would be our chaos and as long as everyone adhered to core Celtic principles I think we'd manage.
You've convinced me, PPM.

I'm drawing up a shortlist now for my preferred candidates!

How do you fancy the post of Club Chaplain?

I'm nominating Sandman as Public Relations Officer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back