The Poppy?

Am in agreement with the view of the military in this country ,they have a lot to answer for ,particularly in Ireland,north and south !!!!!!!! Today’s problems to me arise from that activity over the years ,however ,had three uncles who fought in WW2,army,navy,raf,all survived ,and being in the front line , the uncle in army ,I did not see much of! Lived most of his life in England, the other two where great Celtic fans ,in my younger days we would go home and away,and yes they wore poppies !had no qualms with that ,I don’t wear one ,never will, for my own reasons,as many on hear ,hh

Don't wear it do buy it ,

As my Grandas brother died the 2nd world war and his family never got over the loss

Myself i see it as a symbol of senseless slaughter ,now hijacked as a fashion accessory and used for point scoring ,

The last thing it is used for is Rememberance

No he isn't, but he insists that anyone of any religion can join, as long as they have a faith or belief in something. I think the only deciding factor is whether or not you enjoy having sex with a goat or not!!! 🐐
No, anyone cant join, your "friend" is full of crap if he says that. Anti Catholic organisation from its inception and still is. Bigots the lot of them.

No, anyone cant join, your "friend" is full of crap if he says that. Anti Catholic organisation from its inception and still is. Bigots the lot of them.
Calm yourself down. Not sure what you are inferring by "friend". He is a good friend and is definitely NOT a bigot and neither was my Grandad! This is what he told me and I have no reason to doubt him. Take your frustrations out on someone else please.

i am neither for or against the wearing of the poppy but i am against those who make political capital from it anyone who has read my posts regarding the offensive armed forces charade every year at ipox knows how i feel regarding the offshoot of this issue with regard to the taking the moral high ground which so many huns attempt to take on this subject . like so many others on this forum my father and grandfathers fought in both wars but the great majority of the hun diaspora feel that they have a righteous obligation to flaunt their misguided views on this subject

If they changed it to this kind of poppy they would sell out in Edinburgh alone on the first weekend.

59289e2ec46188fc698b4629.jpg

Back