the Rangers v Celtic - Beautiful Sunday, 1 September - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
There have been four Glasgow Derbies since the Rangers fans decided that they couldn't handle having the Celtic support in the Free Broomloan. These four matches have resulted in home wins 1-0 to Celtic, 1-0 to them, 2-1 to Celtic and then 2-0 to them in the Dead Rubber.

So there has only been one goal scored by the away side that stood. Left back Callum McGregor did score on 29 December but was flagged offside. It was a close call that one.

There was an weird silence at Celtic Park when they scored, it was something new.

That's going to be an experience for them to go through on Sunday, if Celtic show up and I think we will.

There is no doubt that they have improved, they also made it through the Europa League play-offs as an unseeded team and deserved their win last night against Legia.

But if we stand up to them and ignore the hatred from the stands, we could be in for another Beautiful Sunday.

The defence as always is the problem, Ajer is now a major doubt and Elhamed is definitely out so the new Bhoy Bauer looks likely to start at right back. And don't be surprised if Greg Taylor is in the side too. Stranger things.

Likely line-up

Forster

Bauer Bitton Jullien Bolingoli (maybe Taylor)

Brown McGregor Christie Ntcham

Forrest Edouard

Prediction? The Rangers 0 Celtic 2 with the goals coming from Christie and Edouard.

COYBIG

There have been four Glasgow Derbies since the Rangers fans decided that they couldn't handle having the Celtic support in the Free Broomloan. These four matches have resulted in home wins 1-0 to Celtic, 1-0 to them, 2-1 to Celtic and then 2-0 to them in the Dead Rubber.

So there has only been one goal scored by the away side that stood. Left back Callum McGregor did score on 29 December but was flagged offside. It was a close call that one.

There was an weird silence at Celtic Park when they scored, it was something new.

That's going to be an experience for them to go through on Sunday, if Celtic show up and I think we will.

There is no doubt that they have improved, they also made it through the Europa League play-offs as an unseeded team and deserved their win last night against Legia.

But if we stand up to them and ignore the hatred from the stands, we could be in for another Beautiful Sunday.

The defence as always is the problem, Ajer is now a major doubt and Elhamed is definitely out so the new Bhoy Bauer looks likely to start at right back. And don't be surprised if Greg Taylor is in the side too. Stranger things.

Likely line-up

Forster

Forrest Edouard

Prediction? The Rangers 0 Celtic 2 with the goals coming from Christie and Edouard.

COYBIG
would go with that Team ,they rely on ojo for the long range shots , foster would be my choice of keeper ,on last nights showing we have nothing to fear as long as we turn up

Defensively going in without actual good defenders gives them a chance when they should have none. It all depends on our back four and to be sitting here still short, is nothing more than shambolic.

Front to mid excellent but again still needs a midfielder to help out. No chance of that. But as always outcdesire to keep our defence as a charitable trust never leaves us.

So, we go in as is, we are vulnerable at the back. Get a couple in and I see us tearing them apart.

So a draw for me as I can’t see Lawell doing anything worthwhile in terms of real class. If our front players turn it on though even if the defence gift a goal or two as I foresee, hopefully they can get us a couple to cancel that out. I have no doubt if we go in with anything like last nights defense they will score a couple.

Once again it’s down to Lawell and as he’s never delivered when we need it most these last four years it’s hard to see him doing anything that will get us buzzing. Fuming probably, buzzing not so good at. I’m not getting my hopes up. That’s been a path of nothing but dissapointment.

I believe our biggest problem is DETERMINATION to win this game. The last 2 games we have been run over because we had little fight in the team. We know how much this game will mean to them and they will be determined to win their individual battles. We were weak in the tackle last time out and second to most balls. I hope we have more determination on Sunday.

I believe our biggest problem is DETERMINATION to win this game. The last 2 games we have been run over because we had little fight in the team. We know how much this game will mean to them and they will be determined to win their individual battles. We were weak in the tackle last time out and second to most balls. I hope we have more determination on Sunday.

In all my time watching us there, even in the 90’s, I never witnessed such a cowardly performance from a Celtic team as they two games.

Losing to that pile of shite was bad enough, but shiting it like we did made me feel physically sick.

They need to remember who we fucking are. If they want a fight take the bastards on. Then let our superior ability take them to the Fucking cleaners.

No excuses for cowardice in this game. They owe us a performance. They need to know that.

Likely line-up

Forster

Forrest Edouard
Looks a strong team. I'd maybe be tempted to play Hayes AND Boli - or Taylor if we buy him - to strengthen the left hand side defensively (sorry but I'd have to leave out that mad Muthafecker). Both of them will still be good at driving forward with the ball. For all Hayes limitations he has never been found wanting when we needed someone to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

We should have enough to beat them but our players had better turn up ready for a battle - if they come in half-hearted like they did last season then we will come away with nothing again. I'm sure Lenny won't make that mistake again as no-one likes a fight more than him, so this should allow us to be be able to outclass them with our greater skills.

2-1 to the good guys!

Our defence is still our weak point and weaker still with injuries now, which sucks balls. But our midfield is in a different league to theirs, if those guys play at their best well boss the game. I'll go for 3-1 to us French Eddie, Christie and Forrest to score with Tavernier scoring a dodgy consolation penalty to give the ludge value for money for the brown envelope.

Our defence is still our weak point and weaker still with injuries now, which sucks balls. But our midfield is in a different league to theirs, if those guys play at their best well boss the game. I'll go for 3-1 to us French Eddie, Christie and Forrest to score with Tavernier scoring a dodgy consolation penalty to give the ludge value for money for the brown envelope.

First line of defence is your midfield

Ntcham McGregor Brown Christie should be strong enough as the first line that has to be breached before even getting to the back four.

First line of defence is your midfield

Ntcham McGregor Brown Christie should be strong enough as the first line that has to be breached before even getting to the back four.
I think our midfield is great going forward but not the best at keeping it tight, pretty much everyone we've played so far this season have created chances against us and most have scored, that's still a concern.

I think our midfield is great going forward but not the best at keeping it tight, pretty much everyone we've played so far this season have created chances against us and most have scored, that's still a concern.

Then its more than a left back we need to look at as some have suggested and need to improve the defending skills in the midfield area. Such a midfield must look themselves in the mirror and seek to contribute more and take some of the blame for the pressures that the defence have to cope with and sometimes are made scapegoats for frailities from other areas.

Would be utter madness to start with Taylor. Obviously we haven't signed him yet and might not, but if we do, we should stick with Bolingoli. His attacking prowess is excellent and I don't think his defending is as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, what a confidence boost it'll be for him if he comes through it unscathed.

Would be utter madness to start with Taylor. Obviously we haven't signed him yet and might not, but if we do, we should stick with Bolingoli. His attacking prowess is excellent and I don't think his defending is as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, what a confidence boost it'll be for him if he comes through it unscathed.
Bit worried when he gets wrong side, possible penalty waiting to happen and/or sending off.

Members online

Latest posts

Back