The Rangers vs. CELTIC - All Comments here

I've heard this said by a few people. If any truth in the idea that BR is losing games to put pressure on people to spend then he should be sacked.
I can't believe anyone with the club's best interest would do that.
I don't believe for one second that BR would go into any game with an intent to lose, but he does have an ego when it comes to his 'plan'.

He gets paid big bucks to make big decisions and he got it wrong yesterday. The players have to hold their hands up too, they let themselves and the supporters down badly. To such an extent, that I'm not sure I can trust some of them in big games

It's not the defeat, I can live with that and as someone said on this or another thread, we have no divine right to win. It was the manner of the defeat I have difficulty coming to terms with. I was pretty pissed, but I can't remember seeing one of them lying in a heap after a clatter.

We were posted absent yesterday, and that is inexcusable.

I don't believe for one second that BR would go into any game with an intent to lose, but he does have an ego when it comes to his 'plan'.

He gets paid big bucks to make big decisions and he got it wrong yesterday. The players have to hold their hands up too, they let themselves and the supporters down badly. To such an extent, that I'm not sure I can trust some of them in big games

It's not the defeat, I can live with that and as someone said on this or another thread, we have no divine right to win. It was the manner of the defeat I have difficulty coming to terms with. I was pretty pissed, but I can't remember seeing one of them lying in a heap after a clatter.

We were posted absent yesterday, and that is inexcusable.
This all day. . Woke up feeling no better than when I went to my scratcher. Losing hurts, losing without putting up a fight is not acceptable. Down to the manager for me, his starting line up a joke and the subs baffling.

Gordon -great saves but distribution is shocking. GO
Lustig - great servant, slow, too many injuries. GO
Boyata - GO.
Brown - same as Lustig. GO.
Sinclair - hattrick one week, disappearing trick the next. GO
McGregor - MUST BE PLAYED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK. WE WERE ALREADY SHORT OF A MIDFIELDER IN ROGIC. HUNS MUST HAVE BEEN DELIGHTED TO SEE 2 OF OUR BEST MIDFIELDERS MISSING OR PLAYING OUT OF POSITION.
Transfer window - We don't need a replacement for Brown, he's already at the club. BUT need at least one centre back. Don't like the players being mentioned. Why bring in an 18 year old striker for 6 months when you have an 18 year old on your books and not been given a chance- Jack Aitchison.
Manager- Brendan stop playing players out of position. EVERYTIME YOU DO IT WE DROP POINTS.

Gordon -great saves but distribution is shocking. GO
Lustig - great servant, slow, too many injuries. GO
Boyata - GO.
Brown - same as Lustig. GO.
Sinclair - hattrick one week, disappearing trick the next. GO
McGregor - MUST BE PLAYED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK. WE WERE ALREADY SHORT OF A MIDFIELDER IN ROGIC. HUNS MUST HAVE BEEN DELIGHTED TO SEE 2 OF OUR BEST MIDFIELDERS MISSING OR PLAYING OUT OF POSITION.
Transfer window - We don't need a replacement for Brown, he's already at the club. BUT need at least one centre back. Don't like the players being mentioned. Why bring in an 18 year old striker for 6 months when you have an 18 year old on your books and not been given a chance- Jack Aitchison.
Manager- Brendan stop playing players out of position. EVERYTIME YOU DO IT WE DROP POINTS.
well said D.

Ok we've all slept. The result is the same. Its history, no one died (thank god). We lost a game of football. Are you safe, are you're loved ones safe? Yes! Good. Remember the 90's? Yeah they were tough days, far worse than yesterday. Under TB we used to batter them and still lose. As someone said the last time we lost to them it only brought good things i.e. BR.
We're all still Celts and that can only be good. Hail Hail.

Ok we've all slept. The result is the same. Its history, no one died (thank god). We lost a game of football. Are you safe, are you're loved ones safe? Yes! Good. Remember the 90's? Yeah they were tough days, far worse than yesterday. Under TB we used to batter them and still lose. As someone said the last time we lost to them it only brought good things i.e. BR.
Thats the spirit am buzzin noo after that!

A lot of us are glad we don't have to look at the Huns we work with until Thursday yes we were outplayed yesterday and had we got an equalising goal it would have probably saved us from having to put up with their drivel,but so far this season every time we have had an opportunity to pull away we have slipped up needing to step it up big time after the break and hope this complacency doesn't arise again

Thanks for your excellent post - I’m prone to taking this far too seriously so good to read your post HH

Is no-one taking this seriously? :unsure: We lost to a six years old team, with an under 18s coach, that is on its arse and has no-mark players :poop:. We are 124 years older, have the most expensive manager in Scottish football (ever?) and we have the biggest budget with a load of international, well-paid players . I don't expect them to lose (ever) and I don't bellieve there should be an inability to adapt our tactics to overcome the opposition - play round them, above them, through them or whatever it takes.

1 loss in 13 games, law of averages Neil,ah'm still angry about our tactics,team selection and team performance,but we're still top of the league.we'll be refreshed and ready to go with a fully fit squad,some of those guys are running on empty. Hail Hail Neil.

Is no-one taking this seriously? :unsure: We lost to a six years old team, with an under 18s coach, that is on its arse and has no-mark players :poop:. We are 124 years older, have the most expensive manager in Scottish football (ever?) and we have the biggest budget with a load of international, well-paid players . I don't expect them to lose (ever) and I don't bellieve there should be an inability to adapt our tactics to overcome the opposition - play round them, above them, through them or whatever it takes.
I know it's painful Neil, but try looking at it another way mate, if football games were decided by who had the biggest budget, then most fans would never go back and teams would die leaving only a world super league of the richest clubs on the planet, look at some of our best and most memorable matches in recent history in europe, our record against english sides all who have vast amounts of dosh in comparison stands up well, beating barca a couple of times was magical, if it only boiled down to who has the most dough then we would have been pumped by the lot of them, one thing I will say is our squad versus the staggering 59 million wage bill is under performing mate, I think when your spending that money we should have had better players, think our scouting is very hit or miss.

I just don't want us to run the risk of screwing up 8iar because we are top of the league just now (with a far smaller advantage than we ought to have) when we have given sevco a real boost and they will get the same chance to refresh and get more players (it is clear that being skint and FFP makes no difference to them) and BR has not learned from his mistakes ( e.g. the Hibs defeat) or come across any new tricks so could easily cost us more points with the refs only too happy to chip in with some honest mistakes if it is tight in the run in. The only surefire way is to crush them.

Also, taking the 11 men against 11 other men argument - which I don't disagree with - we should be able to punch above our weight in Europe but we don't do it, especially away.

Last edited:
I just don't want us to run the risk of screwing up 8iar because we are top of the league just now (with a far smaller advantage than we ought to have) when we have given sevco a real boost and they will get the same chance to refresh and get more players (it is clear that being skint and FTP makes no difference to them) and BR has not learned from his mistakes ( e.g. the Hibs defeat) or come across any new tricks so could easily cost us more points with the refs only too happy to chip in with some honest mistakes if it is tight in the run in. The only surefire way is to crush them.

Also, taking the 11 men against 11 other men argument - which I don't disagree with - we should be able to punch above our weight in Europe but we don't do it, especially away.
Cant disagree about our recent away record in europe mate, it's been scandalous, but I've always put that down to Brendans tactics, and why does the grim reaper always pull our name out the draw coz we always get the feckin group of death.

As others have said, BR needs to take a look at himself during the break. He has cost us defeats in Europe and is now importing it to our away games. His intransigence is like when we got to listen to Sevco's pre-match press conferences when Warburton used to tell everyone at that there was no plan B - plan A just has to be executed better.

Last edited:
Apart from all the shenanigans of the squad choice and playing them out of position, the roughing up and abject brutality of Sevcos ability absent stars to the Celtic players which when un-noticed by the biased MIB who conducted a laugh in and conversation piece with any Sevco player that approached him, no let that go for a moment , what stuck in my craw was the Scott Arfield copy cat move in front of Broony replicating his move to Diouf after he scored, yes Arfield after Scott Brown scored, what a detestable wee fanny Arfield is, now I for one was bitterly disappointed not just by the team performance but by Browns, he has infact been a magnificent ambassador for the club and I would not want yesterdays performance to be his swansong , lick our wounds , regroup, buy and replace, come back with the winning Celtic way of playing , turn over all our opponents after the break and drive Sevco back to the cess pit they belong with Broonys help, we have all of Scottish football against us winning , we have ourselves and we are better than them. COYBIG

Back