The real reason the EPL exclude Celtic.

No team would vote to give up their place to join the EPL. Why would they? And teams who are vying for euro football would rightly see us as a potential threat to them succeeding in that. Again, why would they vote to potentially exclude themselves?

It’s all down to money and ambition to finish as high up the league as possible.

Back in the day when this fantasy island plan had both us and Sevco possibly joining the feeling was do the English need the baggage that comes with that. Most English people I know shake their head at the religious and political stuff that’s part and parcel and say no thanks.

But, although that’s a factor, the main one is of turkeys voting for Christmas and the money involved would see not one team stepping aside.

We would improve vastly and we would be a threat. To me that ship would never leave the harbour. We are where we are and we will stay here. The fact the SMSM would have a field day if our away fans sang the Provo songbook would also pray on the minds of the board and the backlash this would create to our image as a brand would be bad and I for one would rather avoid that.

We are staying here. So let’s ensure we continue to dominate here and progress through our cash lifeline, the CL.

Good points in this post, but Imo Sky are running football, not officially, but they write the cheques and I would have thought that would give them a helluva lot of influence in the game. When the Premier League top boys all voted to say thanks we want a new megabucks league and Sky will throw money at us a new era had begun. In. 30 years time or so, Sky or whoever else pays the most, any signs of customers getting bored and they will take action, by that time who knows how much power they will have in football, they might want us and Zombies mark 5 to come down to liven things up a wee bit, might even get the car crash tv viewers watching.

Serious suggestion...

Our league cup is shit, their league cup is shit. Most of the top English sides don't even play their first team in it.

We should scrap that (or only run it for the shit teams, giving them a chance to win something) while the top six teams in Scotland play the top 10 teams in England in a knock-out cup.

It flies in the face of my anti-union politics but I don't foresee independence any time soon and while we're bound to those swine I wouldn't mind the chance to wipe the perfidious grins from their faces.

Members online

Back