The real reason the EPL exclude Celtic.

26+6=1

Fear. You only have to look at what some world class players and managers have said about being at Celtic park as opposition. Imagine how they would feel about having the support of Celtic Park. With access to Sky money Celtic would be attracting the top talent across the board. Only a handful of English clubs could compete with that and they'd have to face the Celtic Park cauldron several times a year.

Leo Messi
"I’ve been fortunate to play in some great stadiums in Europe with Barcelona but none compare to Celtic."
"Celtic Park is a tough place to go to, it is never easy to get a result there. It is the best atmosphere in Europe and we all want to experience that again.”

Andres Iniesta
"The Celtic fans are very special and the club and players can be very proud of them. They are the best I have ever heard."

Paolo Maldini
"Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park, I have never felt anything like it."

Pep Guardiola

“I spoke to my players, my old players, and all of them have said this is a special stadium because of the fans and the way Celtic play.

Gerard Pique
"Atmosphere at Celtic Park is the best in Europe."

Owen Hargreaves
"When we played at Celtic Park for Bayern in the Champions League it was unbelievable and I think all our players said the same thing afterwards.

"The atmosphere was just totally unique. I've played in lots of big games and stadiums but I've never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
"It’s probably the best I have seen on the pitch.”

Samuel Eto
"This place makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, there is nowhere like it in football, and I can see how the people love to play here and speak so highly of it."

Fear. You only have to look at what some world class players and managers have said about being at Celtic park as opposition. Imagine how they would feel about having the support of Celtic Park. With access to Sky money Celtic would be attracting the top talent across the board. Only a handful of English clubs could compete with that and they'd have to face the Celtic Park cauldron several times a year.

Leo Messi
"I’ve been fortunate to play in some great stadiums in Europe with Barcelona but none compare to Celtic."
"Celtic Park is a tough place to go to, it is never easy to get a result there. It is the best atmosphere in Europe and we all want to experience that again.”

Andres Iniesta
"The Celtic fans are very special and the club and players can be very proud of them. They are the best I have ever heard."

Paolo Maldini
"Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park, I have never felt anything like it."

Pep Guardiola

“I spoke to my players, my old players, and all of them have said this is a special stadium because of the fans and the way Celtic play.

Gerard Pique

Owen Hargreaves
"When we played at Celtic Park for Bayern in the Champions League it was unbelievable and I think all our players said the same thing afterwards.

"The atmosphere was just totally unique. I've played in lots of big games and stadiums but I've never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Samuel Eto
"This place makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, there is nowhere like it in football, and I can see how the people love to play here and speak so highly of it."

Aye there's that......but it's mainly due to their general disdain towards anything Scottish ;)

I live in England now and the contempt towards the Scottish league is, frankly, disgusting. I'm not arguing that the league is as high in quality as the English league but their cliched comments are so uninformed.

I tell them, if Celtic came to the premier league it would take us a few seasons to establish ourselves, then we'd win and we'd never stop winning it. We'd ruin their dirty beauty contest of a league.

Last edited:

Leo Messi

Andres Iniesta

Paolo Maldini

Pep Guardiola

Gerard Pique

Owen Hargreaves

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Samuel Eto
Michael Duffy
"Paradise on Earth,with the greatest fan's and best atmosphere in the Universe! Hail Hail!"

The reality is Celtic are too big for Scotland and are held back by the financial limits of being in the SPFL. Add the fact that foreign players have to be amazed at the corrupt refereeing where at any time there is the risk of serious injury because it's open season on Celtic players. Emilio and Kayal both had their legs broken. That fear could be a factor in form issues with the likes of Sinclair and Ntcham.

The would never accept a non English winner of EPL

Broadcasting should be centralised with EUfa rankings the distribution chain for clubs, after a massive chunk has been captured to safeguard grass roots in every EUfa country.

giving all the money to favoured leagues creates too big a bias for those leagues which distorts the strength even more with ever increasing bubbles at peak of the market for players.

Broadcasting revenues should be split between all tufa countries, no matter which leagues get chosen to be on tv.

But thats not gonna fund the scamming or the brokers or the agents or the best players

so its not gonna happen.

But it will kill professional football outside the subsidy

There's many reasons we are not wanted down the road, but only 1 why we might end up there anyway, (not in my lifetime) and that will be the day when fans get bored of being carpet bombed with live football with the usual suspects, the EPL and the Football League, will be looking for something new, and Celtic would certainly bring something new to the table, the fly in the ointment would be Sky or whoever is top dog at the time, would defo want the Zombies with us, if their still alive, but the day will come when they have to drum up new business and an invite down the road would certainly boost profits, it might be 20 or 30 years though.

The scottish game will never change to many teams badly run by the bowling club mentality ,stay small spend fk all but keep your hand out

Too many teams for such a small country the cash distribution only helps them to plod on till the next year again with their hands out wanting more

Then we have the fkwits at the sfa ,who are run by people who have never played the game but have run the same small clubs (cove rangers) and these are the folk we send in to bat on tv negotiations

We can't attract any decent sponsers or maybe we don't care or want to

So untill there's a clear out from top to bottom of the sfa , we will always be seen as a wee diddy country with a shite league .

The Sfa bet everything on the old firm tag being able to sell the league tv rights , it failed when one half died from cheating , now they take any deal and pat each other on the back thinking it's great

Cash distribution should be awarded on attendances and league standing and tiered through the leagues , tv money should only be split amongst the premier league clubs

League 1-2 should have smaller parachute payments and get there house in order or go to the wall ,i'm sure 3 men and there dog will find another ground to go stand at

JUnior clubs are better run and have more support than the league 3-4 clubs

When you think about it were the club that Scottish clubs can't affored to let go

On the EPL question if we ever did get an offer and access to the riches they have , Celtic would be a top 6 team in few years we would be title contenders

we would also be sought after by the rich sheiks or oligarchs ,we have a uniques selling point ,and i believe the revamp around the stadium , the hotel/museum/disco light /desso pitch were gearing up for something big in the pipeline ,listening to van der sar makes you think a break away will happen

Tv audience figures will dictate what happens in football , the epl and champions league have become stagnent

No team would vote to give up their place to join the EPL. Why would they? And teams who are vying for euro football would rightly see us as a potential threat to them succeeding in that. Again, why would they vote to potentially exclude themselves?

It’s all down to money and ambition to finish as high up the league as possible.

Back in the day when this fantasy island plan had both us and Sevco possibly joining the feeling was do the English need the baggage that comes with that. Most English people I know shake their head at the religious and political stuff that’s part and parcel and say no thanks.

But, although that’s a factor, the main one is of turkeys voting for Christmas and the money involved would see not one team stepping aside.

We would improve vastly and we would be a threat. To me that ship would never leave the harbour. We are where we are and we will stay here. The fact the SMSM would have a field day if our away fans sang the Provo songbook would also pray on the minds of the board and the backlash this would create to our image as a brand would be bad and I for one would rather avoid that.

We are staying here. So let’s ensure we continue to dominate here and progress through our cash lifeline, the CL.

There's many reasons we are not wanted down the road, but only 1 why we might end up there anyway, (not in my lifetime) and that will be the day when fans get bored of being carpet bombed with live football with the usual suspects, the EPL and the Football League, will be looking for something new, and Celtic would certainly bring something new to the table, the fly in the ointment would be Sky or whoever is top dog at the time, would defo want the Zombies with us, if their still alive, but the day will come when they have to drum up new business and an invite down the road would certainly boost profits, it might be 20 or 30 years though.
There never going to invite us into the EPL while some of our fans keep on singing (ira) songs

Members online

Latest posts

Back