The Right Back?

Wee Frimpong so far has been fabulous,but I am a big guy defender type of person.
I loved the fear Big Bobo installed in the strikers he played against.
Martin O,Neil had a great defence as regards to height,every one of them 6ft + and every one of them could play..
Jozo is my type of defender,never seen him think about getting involved he just did it,,greatest tackle I have seen in years was the Jozo,,, Miller cruncher at ipox Kenny boy wont ever forget that in a hurry..

HH.

settling in period etc surely need to be considered

This, especially: Some players take longer to adjust than others. Elhamed, Frimpong and Bauer seem to have adjusted quickly, and Boli took a few games to get up to speed. Elyounoussi and Jullien seem to have been born in their positions. So I just wonder how much consideration is given to this, on the statistical side of things.

One more thing: Despite the numbers and despite the fact Hatem is fantastic (and I'm glad he's here), I still think we should have kept Lustig. No, I won't let it go.

This, especially: Some players take longer to adjust than others. Elhamed, Frimpong and Bauer seem to have adjusted quickly, and Boli took a few games to get up to speed. Elyounoussi and Jullien seem to have been born in their positions. So I just wonder how much consideration is given to this, on the statistical side of things.

One more thing: Despite the numbers and despite the fact Hatem is fantastic (and I'm glad he's here), I still think we should have kept Lustig. No, I won't let it go.
Yeah, let it go Larry he`s gone for good man,accept it.

Lustig was a wonderful player for Celtic. I'm too young to remember Danny McGrain in the flesh, so I'll say Lustig is my favourite Celtic right back.

In his final two seasons he was definitely on the slide: he cost us goals and threw out the balance of the team.

Elhamed looks great and Frimpong looks frightening.

Friendly reminder: Whose header sent the ball to Eddy to score the winner which gave Celtic the Treble Treble? Think about the answer. I'll wait.

Time's up. It was Mikael Lustig. And that's not the only time the guy came up big when it counted.
Larry, Lustig was definitely a fantastic player for us and I believe he also very good for excellent atmosphere in the dressing room.

But his standards had undoubtedly slipped over the last couple of seasons from the very high level he used to be although he was still capable of some amazing plays such as the header to Eddy. His lack of speed though would mean that the high tempo style we are currently playing under NFL would not be possible.

Like you I still would have liked him to hang around for another year or two, but as it was probably his last chance of a decent deal he wanted a 3 year contract with no drop in wages. Due to his age and drop-off in intensity, we are unwilling to offer him that kind of deal but Gent were happy to give him that.

He is a hero and significant contributor to our recent success and will always be welcome at Parkhead as a visitor. But I wouldn't be surprised either if Mikael returned to Celtic as part of a managerial team at some point in the future (imagine him and Broony prowling the touchline as we go for nineteen in a row!!! ;)).

Friendly reminder: Whose header sent the ball to Eddy to score the winner which gave Celtic the Treble Treble? Think about the answer. I'll wait.

Time's up. It was Mikael Lustig. And that's not the only time the guy came up big when it counted.

I loved the guy and even in his final season he came up with some brilliant moments. That assist wasn't the only one. That doesn't alter the fact that we're better now with Elhamed and Frimpong.

Members online

Latest posts

Back