The Riot after Celtic beat Rangers in the 1980 Scottish Cup Final

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Quite a few vivid memories of this day at Hampden which changed Scottish football forever. It's a strange coincidence that there only ever seems to be trouble at Cup Finals when one of the various Rangers clubs got beat...

For the older crew on here, let's be hearing about your memories of the 1980 Scottish Cup Final when as the song said, 'We chased them all over Hampden"...

https://thecelticstar.com/the-riot-after-celtic-beat-rangers-in-the-1980-scottish-cup-final/

I ended up in A&E the next day after having an accident and slicing my hand and the hospital was full of guys with bandages on their heads and burst faces e.t.c. They had all been so drunk that it took 24 hours for them to realise that they were hurting. I was in the waiting all fecking day.

Notice how the cops just go for a wee hurl up the hun end

It was a scorcher of a day went with a few mates at full time a few went on the park then some more then some more and we thought fk it mon then

we seen the mutants were doing the same and as they started the charge and we climbed the fence my mate got skelped wi a bottle thrown from some twat up the back of the terracing who thought he could hit a hun from that far out

So our charge halted at that point to pick up the injured and stem the blood he still bares the scar to this day but his storyincludes him being at the front :whistle:

Was there with my dad and was one of the last games I remember the kids at the front wearing hard hats to protect from the bottles raining down. Managed to stay out of the way of too much hassle to be honest.
Highlight obviously was " chicken" George deflecting I think Danny Mc shot in.
Memorable for that and the other obvious issues!!
HH

Quite a few vivid memories of this day at Hampden which changed Scottish football forever. It's a strange coincidence that there only ever seems to be trouble at Cup Finals when one of the various Rangers clubs got beat...

For the older crew on here, let's be hearing about your memories of the 1980 Scottish Cup Final when as the song said, 'We chased them all over Hampden"...

https://thecelticstar.com/the-riot-after-celtic-beat-rangers-in-the-1980-scottish-cup-final/

Why did the scum take their children onto the pitch?

Ffs no place for the kids.

Any of you had to go home and tell the mrs you took her children onto the pitch divorce would be preferrable to the death she would inflict.

Absolute scum.

Also strathclydes finest only getting involved to skelp the celtic fans with the batons eh.

Didn’t raise an eyebrow to the scum charge with missiles n shit.

Notice how the scum shit themselves anyway and stayed a decent distance away.

Must have been a surprise to them that the celtic fans weren’t gonna lie down to their snash.

Oo Ra ✊

What was glossed over in the political rush to bring in legislation to ban drink etc ...was the failure of the police to properly police the game .
Having attended numerous Celtic V Rangers ( the original ones ! ) games it was a normal occurrence for serried ranks of police to march out a few minutes before the end of the match and form a barrier around the pitch to prevent idiots running on to the park . But not that day !
The match commander had the brilliant idea of holding his forces OUTSIDE the stadium to prevent trouble as the fans emerged .
So , when the inconsolable Rangers' fans lost the plot as Celtic paraded the Cup and invaded ( to protect their players - LOL ! ) then the police were nowhere to be seen .
As is their wont the press and politicians heaped opprobrium on to the supporters equally , ignoring the failure of policing .
Nothing changes - Hillsborough followed a few years later - and for years the fans got the blame !

Football grounds were dangerous places pre alcohol ban, bottles n cans flying over the segregation ( I remember seeing a lot burst heads) and stadiums that stank o pish. I think the alcohol ban made football more family friendly.
I was still at school when the riot happened. I remember watching in my buddies hoose, couldna believe what we were seeing live on a Saturday teatime. I had been to my first old firm game the year before (maybe even that year)1-0 a Roddy McDonald header. Ahh the bad good old days.

The Bhoys are gonna put on a show at the bumhole garden and put these replicants (the a is pronounced as u) back in their grave. 4-0 the Bhoys
HH

Very relevant to the thread

Magic Bertie and totally relevant.

It seeps from their boardroom, to their organised company’s etc etc.

Think they took a liberty in saying protestants returning from the war got pipped at the post for a job by a catholic.

Did not fkn happen. They obv on deludamol. They hid in the shipyards etc or got themselves a wee eye injury. Enough to stop them going to war but not put them out a job.

And then they were trying to move in on catholic women whose men were at war.

Fkn joke the lot of them.

Soon remedied when all their grandkids support the Celtic. As long as we knock the orcishness out them first.

HH. Great watch Bertie ???

Very relevant to the thread
I played against the long black haired hun that's featured near the beginning of the tape saying "they started it in Ireland" when I lived in Carlisle in the 80's. Saw him again in the 90's handing out BNP leaflets at Stamford Bridge. I never forget the face of a nasty piece of work. I am not a Catholic but when he heard my name that got his dander up and he tried to kick a lump out me and abuse me at any opportunity. Last laugh though - we won 4 - 2 and I nabbed the fourth. Same result on Sunday will do me.

I played against the long black haired hun that's featured near the beginning of the tape saying "they started it in Ireland" when I lived in Carlisle in the 80's. Saw him again in the 90's handing out BNP leaflets at Stamford Bridge. I never forget the face of a nasty piece of work. I am not a Catholic but when he heard my name that got his dander up and he tried to kick a lump out me and abuse me at any opportunity. Last laugh though - we won 4 - 2 and I nabbed the fourth. Same result on Sunday will do me.
Lemon when you look at it people think it was worse then but to me it's completely worse there's no respect at all and the youngster's on the other side just know how to hate all stab everything and blame other people and they don't even respect themselves truly sad. HH

The HUNS in whatever guuse they play in have ALWAYS caused problems when they lose cup finals

Indeed the rioted in Barcelona after the Won the Cup Winners Cup

Total embarrassment of a Club again in whatever guuse that they appear as with the same Neanderthal followers who are so up their own arses that they'll never change

Many of the current HUN supporters won't have been alive in 1972 when the rioted in Barcelona or even in 1980 when they reverted to type and rioted at Hampden

Manchester in 2008 and Hampden again in 2016 were just modern day versions of what their Scum supporters have been doing for YEARS

They have ALWAYS believed that they have a right to be number 1 and their new Club is exactly the same

With their WATP propoganda my response would be if BEING THE PEEPULmeans rioting and disrespect then who in their right mind wants to be part of their rabble?

HH?

I remember few young Celtic troops going on the park and celebrating, they didn't run up towards the huns but gave them a giruy from our half of the park, next thing the big bad huns came on mob handed to chase wee bairns away, dirty cowards, not sure about what happened next but I think Lemon and Michael Duffy led the charge up the park and scattered a few huns.

I remember few young Celtic troops going on the park and celebrating, they didn't run up towards the huns but gave them a giruy from our half of the park, next thing the big bad huns came on mob handed to chase wee bairns away, dirty cowards, not sure about what happened next but I think Lemon and Michael Duffy led the charge up the park and scattered a few huns.
??If only B. If MD was there he would have only have been approaching them to sell his remaining copies of the Morning Star. I know that I wasn't there but given the year and my habits of that time I have no idea where I was.

Lemon when you look at it people think it was worse then but to me it's completely worse there's no respect at all and the youngster's on the other side just know how to hate all stab everything and blame other people and they don't even respect themselves truly sad. HH

HUN TRAIT. HOW TO SPOT A HUN.

THEY NEVER ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING.

THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING.

THEY BLAME OTHERS FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

No honour, no scruples and no dignity.

Sadly met a few even kidding on their Tims.

TRAIT ALWAYS OUTS THOUGH

Back