The Ronny Deila Story – Celtic’s Bizarre Two Seasons under the Norwegian Manager

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

The Ronny Deila Story – Celtic’s Bizarre Two Seasons under the Norwegian Manager​

As promised Celtic historian David Potter looks back on Ronny's two seasons as Celtic manager. This is over two parts, one per season and part 2 will be available tomorrow morning, I'll drop the link in here.

I liked him till he walked by me at a doo in Glasgow with my hand outstretched saying he was too busy to talk. You get used to it
Very similar to ange in that he took on a poison chalice, wanted to implement a style and didn’t get the money the club made from selling players.
Both were treated ignorantly by the Scottish media ad painted as dummies.
Ronny was a cheap option and given the job far too early In his career. Unlucky not to win more through dubious decisions.
But being honest the football was shite and the fitness was the worst I have seen despite what some say.
A likeable guy whose contribution was leaving a squad consisting of some brilliant players. He just couldn’t get the performances out of them that the snake did

Always liked Ronny a rookie in the supports eyes but a likeable guy who even spoke up when Lubos boax was stolen ,,got his revenge on the dressing room clique and soap taker commons

would be a great assistant to ange bhoy just now
I won the box fair and square Puthy Bhoy
No ma fault Stevie and Hoopy couldn’t run a bath 🛁 and Ronnie roared In ma direction. He was a good guy

HH 🛁

The concluding part of this wee series, designed by David Potter along with his Charlie Nicholas one to add a wee bit of Celtic interest during the international break...

The strange, strange times of the Celtic manager, Ronny Deila...​

Before Rodgers arrived he spoke to Ronny on the phone at length, someone inside Celtic told me during the Double Treble season. Ronny was able to enlighten his successor on the antics of senior players in the dressing room who undermined him and ultimately cost him his job. Brown was brought down to London to meet Rodgers and a second chance was given. Kris Commons however never kicked another ball for Celtic and Charlie Mulgrew left the club.

I always thought Broony was one of the players who turned against Collins at Hibs.Ive read a few stories about his methods at Hibs and if true i could see players easily falling out with him.Im not saying hes in the wrong but maybe too old Skool.Can see why Commons got papped ,clearly not the fittest guy in the world.

Before Rodgers arrived he spoke to Ronny on the phone at length, someone inside Celtic told me during the Double Treble season. Ronny was able to enlighten his successor on the antics of senior players in the dressing room who undermined him and ultimately cost him his job. Brown was brought down to London to meet Rodgers and a second chance was given. Kris Commons however never kicked another ball for Celtic and Charlie Mulgrew left the club.
I usually give the conspiracy stuff a wide berth WC, but given the way things unfolded at that time, I find your post very easy to believe .

There is always a "bad cop" in Glasgow who can do nothing right according to tge Scottish media - and 99% of the time it is the Celtic manager!

There is always a "bad cop" in Glasgow who can do nothing right according to tge Scottish media - and 99% of the time it is the Celtic manager!
Aye Charlie Nichorlarse, Mandy Wanker
And Mcankie Frankivennie. To name but 5
Was told never trust a man who uses Statistics as they’re always 99% of the time wrong but yir rite BB

HH %

Great series. Ronny Deila is doing well at New York City FC, currently 6th in the MLS and in the Eastern Conference playoff picture, and rivals to New York Celtic -- I mean, New York Red Bulls -- who are further down in the standings (no fault of Klimala, Gutman, or Harper though). In fact, while I can't find the pictures, Deila recently attended a CSC meetup in New York to watch a Celtic match, which was a pretty big deal in these parts.

Members online

Latest posts

Back