The roots of Anti Catholic Racism in Scotland

Verum2

Tonight’s stunning BBC2 documentary unveiled the brutal reality of the deep and widespread involvement of the entire Scottish establishment in the Slave trade .
The shameful behaviour covering decades / centuries has been largely airbrushed from the narrative of Scottish History which is a disgrace that we have all been partly aware of but no more than that
It struck me as I watched aghast that it really is not hard to see the scandalous base racism of 200 years ago passing down the generations and embedding itself into the psyche of this countries establishment and professional classes of modern day Scotland ... and for the last 150 years of so with a different racial target .
What a job there is to erase real modern day Racism from this country.

Tonight’s stunning BBC2 documentary unveiled the brutal reality of the deep and widespread involvement of the entire Scottish establishment in the Slave trade .
The shameful behaviour covering decades / centuries has been largely airbrushed from the narrative of Scottish History which is a disgrace that we have all been partly aware of but no more than that
It struck me as I watched aghast that it really is not hard to see the scandalous base racism of 200 years ago passing down the generations and embedding itself into the psyche of this countries establishment and professional classes of modern day Scotland ... and for the last 150 years of so with a different racial target .

And who was it again that were the founding members of the KKK?

Before you can begin to erase it you have to confront it. Call it out!

It's institutional in Scotland........mainly directed towards our growing Catholic population, but pretty much aimed at anyone who doesn't fit their "type".

In the main, it is the standard passive terminology that gets used: p**f, p**i, pape, ch**k, k**e, etc....

People in this country have become innured to it and aren't even aware that it is grossly offensive.

I have to be absolutely fair and say that it is much more diluted here in the north, but there is still a residue of anti-Irishness (particularly if they are Catholic).

I was in the DFC end for the game last week and it was the first time in quite a few years that i've heard the establishment songs sung with such gusto.

These are strange days.....the establishment clubs appear to have found their knoxist fervour again.

No prizes for guessing who has the target on their backs.

Remember that ten in a row might just be accompanied by the demise of Sevco.... what joy would fill my heart! There would be weeping and the gnashing of teeth within the community of the peepul. However, I do not know what way it would go:
1) a realisation that the days of entitlement are over, (perhaps a replay of the period after slavery was abolished),
2) passive aggression against those they deem "not one of us", (which no doubt surfaced when slavery was abolished),
3) bitter infighting and a schism among the 'believers'.
4) full-on laager......and preparation for the end of days.

PB
We have to use our financial muscle to give them no leeway
For sure constant CFC success is just torturing them and IMO ultimately will literally kill them again
Interesting point you make about how things will evolve when that happens
My view is a 3rd Frankenstein will surface like magic to provide another rancid platform for them
In last nights programme one of the superb Scottish girl presenters of African descent ( all who sounded more Scots and articulate than any of us) describes the amazing collective/ national amnesia which has just simply removed the disgrace and crimes from any historical discourse
Particularly when those decades of criminal and immoral trade created the vast bulk of the nations wealth.
That the same establishment amnesia is being applied right now to the much less significant cheating and sporting scandal of these last decades is no surprise when you see what they did with the abolition of slavery
To your point I suspect They will do exactly what they are doing today and just like Alavert pretend it all ie Rangers death(s) didn’t happen

It's institutional in Scotland........mainly directed towards our growing Catholic population, but pretty much aimed at anyone who doesn't fit their "type".

In the main, it is the standard passive terminology that gets used: p**f, p**i, pape, ch**k, k**e, etc....

People in this country have become innured to it and aren't even aware that it is grossly offensive.

I have to be absolutely fair and say that it is much more diluted here in the north, but there is still a residue of anti-Irishness (particularly if they are Catholic).

I was in the DFC end for the game last week and it was the first time in quite a few years that i've heard the establishment songs sung with such gusto.

These are strange days.....the establishment clubs appear to have found their knoxist fervour again.

No prizes for guessing who has the target on their backs.
Excellent point you make ...anyone who doesn’t fit their perceived ‘type’ is ridiculed
To be honest that same attitude pervades much of the rest of the UK
In some parts the ‘target’ will vary to be as you say whatever the predominant threat is to the control of the establishment
In the midland it is Asian/Muslims etc
Here in Scotland it is and has been the threatening emancipation and growing influence of the ( largely Irish origin Catholic community ) . Since 1967 that domination has been nowhere more manifest than on the nations sporting platform and that is as we all know is just killing them

It is also killing them that Catholics, fenians, whatever name they wish to sling, no longer rely on them for places of work etc , technologiacal advances have moved businesses closer to other markets and types of markets that does not require been told to be in a place. Changes like shit happens and the unevolved gene gets left behind when it is no longer required for future use.
Changed days.
evo2-600x600.jpg

It is also killing them that Catholics, fenians, whatever name they wish to sling, no longer rely on them for places of work etc , technologiacal advances have moved businesses closer to other markets and types of markets that does not require been told to be in a place. Changes like shit happens and the unevolved gene gets left behind when it is no longer required for future use.
Changed days.
View attachment 446
Yip! When I started at 17 in a professional office mega years ago .I could hear the whispers . How the f@ck did a Taig get in here ? ( I had to ask my old man what a Taig was )
Today the Taigs aren’t only the bosses in that place they own it lock stock and barrel and these bigoted jokers have to now and scrape to them
As we all have said we are no longer at the back of the bus .we own the bus fleet !

whit a great wee country!!!
I actually think it's not too bad overall. But I want to make it better and extinguish the racism and sectarianism which is a relic of a bygone age, clung to desperately by narrow minded bigots who now have nothing else other than to still think of an Empire. That's one of the reasons I voted YES in 2014. Thats why I will vote YES the next time too. And when we win the bigots will lose their precious Union and they'll have NOTHING. And then I honestly believe this country will become a much more forward thinking and progressive and tolerant country.
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back