The roots of Anti Catholic Racism in Scotland

Excellent point you make ...anyone who doesn’t fit their perceived ‘type’ is ridiculed
To be honest that same attitude pervades much of the rest of the UK
In some parts the ‘target’ will vary to be as you say whatever the predominant threat is to the control of the establishment
In the midland it is Asian/Muslims etc
Here in Scotland it is and has been the threatening emancipation and growing influence of the ( largely Irish origin Catholic community ) . Since 1967 that domination has been nowhere more manifest than on the nations sporting platform and that is as we all know is just killing them
Ithink that there is more than
I actually think it's not too bad overall. But I want to make it better and extinguish the racism and sectarianism which is a relic of a bygone age, clung to desperately by narrow minded bigots who now have nothing else other than to still think of an Empire. That's one of the reasons I voted YES in 2014. Thats why I will vote YES the next time too. And when we win the bigots will lose their precious Union and they'll have NOTHING. And then I honestly believe this country will become a much more forward thinking and progressive and tolerant country.
HH
I generally agree with ykur point, i believe that The Rangers have enough decent minded fans to erase this issue from their terraces very quickly. However when the chairman appeals to the scum element to shore up the club (only just) the silent majority remain silent. I know a few who no longer attend because of this reteric. Let decency & common sense prevail.
I actually think it's not too bad overall. But I want to make it better and extinguish the racism and sectarianism which is a relic of a bygone age, clung to desperately by narrow minded bigots who now have nothing else other than to still think of an Empire. That's one of the reasons I voted YES in 2014. Thats why I will vote YES the next time too. And when we win the bigots will lose their precious Union and they'll have NOTHING. And then I honestly believe this country will become a much more forward thinking and progressive and tolerant country.
HH
I agree there are lots of decent fans of Sevco who do not attend due to the song book & attitude that exists on the terraces. When your chairman appeals to the Scum element the silent majority lose more ground. The SFA should tell the club to tone it down in general & on match days, or relegation is possible once all points, fines etc have been have been exhausted.

Back