The SFA and what they have done for Scottish football

Winter

I personally believe that theyve near decimated the game here just to hold onto power. No support for clubs in European competition some other governing bodies postpone league games to give their clubs a fighting chance whilst the SFA gives its members another fixture 2 days after a European tie in israel, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan (all well known European countries ) doesn't matter if they're closer to the Chinese border than the ural mountains are to us as long as they get paid for sending a team. I'd love nothing better than the tartan army to revolt against this corrupt body for if they start it the rest of us could once and for all put an end to their self serving corruption HATE THE SFA WITH PASSION that's my personal view but can anyone tell me something, anything I may have overlooked that the SFA have done for the game both domestically and internationally that has enhanced our game? Anyone? Anything?

y

Last edited:
When I clicked on the link my first thought was I bet its a blank page 😂.

But I do agree with the sentiment Winter.

H.H
I'm in angry to rage mode especially when TET reminded me of the best Scottish team ever the lions and how they were being called up to play the USSR with a champions cup final coming up but only for that game really. Same practices today we play the likes of San Marino (granted under eck) and its Aberdeen and English championship players, next up Belgium and its pick the Celtic players for the away game to Belgium (duly thumped ) same old same old

The one thing that done it for me was Kenny Dalglish being left out of the Scottish squad by sfa plant Wullie Ormand, Kenny was due to break some huns record of being included in 30 squads in a row since his first call up, Ormand left him out at 29 caps and then recalled him in the very next game, Kenny did go on to break the hun record after that, but their wee face saver is aye but he never done it fae his first cap.

Sfa corrupt then...corrupt now...corrupt until we disband them.
🤯

Genuinely had a long hard think about it.
And I could not think of one good thing.......but then I remembered, didnt they postpone a match for the huns when they were playing zenit in the final in manchester.....all for the good of scottish football ofcourse..
Aye and the good folks of Manchester must love them for that. I'm thinking I should have named this stream what are all the bad things theyve done for Scottish football. Back to the bad though and I remember scotland and a john Collins penalty in the world cup opener v Brazil. We had players then , beating spain at hampden beating France in glasgow and Paris with Thierry Henry etc in that team.i remember qualifying regularly for major tournaments , I remember we once held a joint record with Brazil no less for the most consecutive appearances at the WC 5 in a row it was at that time long gone that record now. And even recently wee Gordon Strachan once he listened to the support and playing griff we looked on course a few times for qualifying the 2-2 draw with Russia looked like we'd finally made it but theres no legislating for eire beating world champions Germany in the last minute to ko us out the playoffs. Strachan had the best win ratio as Scotland manager since the 60s /70s I believe apologies if that's wrong. Great move SFA the only guy whose come even remotely close to getting us there unknown GS was marmite to many but he did listen and has it not been for Stewart muthaf**k** Armstrong's ridiculous attempted pass forward instead of booting it into row z Griffiths free kicks would have won us the game especially within

Aye and the good folks of Manchester must love them for that. I'm thinking I should have named this stream what are all the bad things theyve done for Scottish football. Back to the bad though and I remember scotland and a john Collins penalty in the world cup opener v Brazil. We had players then , beating spain at hampden beating France in glasgow and Paris with Thierry Henry etc in that team.i remember qualifying regularly for major tournaments , I remember we once held a joint record with Brazil no less for the most consecutive appearances at the WC 5 in a row it was at that time long gone that record now. And even recently wee Gordon Strachan once he listened to the support and playing griff we looked on course a few times for qualifying the 2-2 draw with Russia looked like we'd finally made it but theres no legislating for eire beating world champions Germany in the last minute to ko us out the playoffs. Strachan had the best win ratio as Scotland manager since the 60s /70s I believe apologies if that's wrong. Great move SFA the only guy whose come even remotely close to getting us there unknown GS was marmite to many but he did listen and has it not been for Stewart muthaf**k** Armstrong's ridiculous attempted pass forward instead of booting it into row z Griffiths free kicks would have won us the game especially within
James mcgrory goal machine extraordinaire.

7 caps
6 international goals

James mcgrory goal machine extraordinaire.

7 caps
6 international goals

having said that before 1939 there are no stand out capped players, the biggest I can see is Tommy Walker with 21 and Andy Anderson 23 both Hearts players

So I guess the national team didn't play very often.

Tommy walker wiki says he gave up Church ministry to become a football. Apparently he was a Hearts legend?

having said that before 1939 there are no stand out capped players, the biggest I can see is Tommy Walker with 21 and Andy Anderson 23 both Hearts players

So I guess the national team didn't play very often.

Tommy walker wiki says he gave up Church ministry to become a football. Apparently he was a Hearts legend?

found this dude with 30+ caps
Captain and later Rangers board. Guess their Morton suite named after him. Pro Unionist political figure and well his goal ratio is no bad for winger. But I have feeling his politics helped him to first choice :p

Totally agree with everything said in all the posts above and cant really add much to it other than say that while this practice has been going on longer than we all can remember, the hun from across the river think exactly the same about the SFA...they class them as corrupt, they class them as cheats, they think they show bias towards us...
As much as we know they are corrupt, agent Farry being probably the highest profile case where they have been caught, would it be safe to say they the biggest problem is their Incompetence??
What is the solution?? clearly everyone thinks that they are hard done against by them? Is it time for an independent company to be set up to run the game? a company with no ties to any club in our country? A company from outwith Scotland??
Clearly something has to change

Totally agree with everything said in all the posts above and cant really add much to it other than say that while this practice has been going on longer than we all can remember, the hun from across the river think exactly the same about the SFA...they class them as corrupt, they class them as cheats, they think they show bias towards us...
As much as we know they are corrupt, agent Farry being probably the highest profile case where they have been caught, would it be safe to say they the biggest problem is their Incompetence??
What is the solution?? clearly everyone thinks that they are hard done against by them? Is it time for an independent company to be set up to run the game? a company with no ties to any club in our country? A company from outwith Scotland??
Clearly something has to change
Two different arguments though.

We complain the system is skewed to them.

They complain its not skewed enough.

At least 70/30 to them in most fixtures since the beginning

Anything less than 95/5 for them is so biased but is still just no right.

Even the 5 out of 100 mistakes in our favour they complain is 5 mistakes too many. But any less than 95 mistakes out of 100 going their way is downright cheating. Don't people realise they arra peepo

:p

Dont see too many people getting red card for crossing the ball :p
I was at that game ,incident happened right in front of me and my mates, my big mate said, "that b###### is sending him aff ", I told him not to be so bloody stupid, ye cany send anyone aff for that 🤯.

After all these years I still cant fathom it out, one of the worst decisions by a ref I've ever seen, and as someone who was involved in youth football for yrs that takes some doing.

P.s Loved the wee mhan also.

Another shocker fae a ref I remember is from the early 90s v Deidco.
Celtic had just scored and all the Celtic players were celebrating in the Deidco half. The ref let Deidco restart while our players were still celebrating our goal. Mark Hately was through on goal and would have scored if Paul McStay had not been switched on and saw what was happening. McStay managed to intervene before Hately ( apt name for a hunnite )could shoot.
None of the papers mentioned the incident and it did not make the Sportscene highlights show either. If I remember correctly some even denied it happened.
I have only ever seen footage of the incident once, on Reporting Scotland I think.
Does anyone remember that incident and who the ref was? Do I remember it correctly?
We will never have and will never ever get fair treatment from the SFA without a root and branch clear out. They are not fit for purpose.

50 yrs ignoring the Lions in there crap hall of fame was another insult

what have they done

Destroyed youth football

embraced cheating

endorsed sectarianism

it has a bigoted bowling club mentality ,ran by committees and even more committees with rules and regulations not even north korea could make sense of

All with one sad bigoted aim , and it's never about the best fro scottish football

Barry Hearn was with them for 6 hrs , in they 6 hrs he told them all they didn't want to hear ,, says it all really

Back