The SFA and what they have done for Scottish football

I personally believe that theyve near decimated the game here just to hold onto power. No support for clubs in European competition some other governing bodies postpone league games to give their clubs a fighting chance whilst the SFA gives its members another fixture 2 days after a European tie in israel, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan (all well known European countries ) doesn't matter if they're closer to the Chinese border than the ural mountains are to us as long as they get paid for sending a team. I'd love nothing better than the tartan army to revolt against this corrupt body for if they start it the rest of us could once and for all put an end to their self serving corruption HATE THE SFA WITH PASSION that's my personal view but can anyone tell me something, anything I may have overlooked that the SFA have done for the game both domestically and internationally that has enhanced our game? Anyone? Anything?

y
You are 100% correct Winter on everything you say about this secret society.
We will never get a fair crack of the whip until we stand up against all the wrongs being done to our club,players and supporters.
So I will ask once AGAIN Mr Lawell,,when will you come out of hiding and speak up for the club and supporters who help you achieve the lifestyle you have become accustomed to..

HH.

Another shocker fae a ref I remember is from the early 90s v Deidco.
Celtic had just scored and all the Celtic players were celebrating in the Deidco half. The ref let Deidco restart while our players were still celebrating our goal. Mark Hately was through on goal and would have scored if Paul McStay had not been switched on and saw what was happening. McStay managed to intervene before Hately ( apt name for a hunnite )could shoot.
None of the papers mentioned the incident and it did not make the Sportscene highlights show either. If I remember correctly some even denied it happened.
I have only ever seen footage of the incident once, on Reporting Scotland I think.
Does anyone remember that incident and who the ref was? Do I remember it correctly?
We will never have and will never ever get fair treatment from the SFA without a root and branch clear out. They are not fit for purpose.
was at that game

another that springs to mind was Tony Sheperds sending off against the huns in the cup final although he got to saty on the refs quick reaction was send a celtic player off first

You are 100% correct Winter on everything you say about this secret society.
We will never get a fair crack of the whip until we stand up against all the wrongs being done to our club,players and supporters.
So I will ask once AGAIN Mr Lawell,,when will you come out of hiding and speak up for the club and supporters who help you achieve the lifestyle you have become accustomed to..

HH.
We are not supporters anymore, we are customers. The Green and White cash cow that they all keep milking, like ye say, to keep them living the lifestyle they have become accustomed to.
Money is all they understand. Only money, or lack of it, will force them to act as we would like them to.

Celtic had just scored and all the Celtic players were celebrating in the Deidco half. The ref let Deidco restart while our players were still celebrating our goal. Mark Hately was through on goal and would have scored if Paul McStay had not been switched on and saw what was happening. McStay managed to intervene before Hately ( apt name for a hunnite )could shoot.
None of the papers mentioned the incident and it did not make the Sportscene highlights show either. If I remember correctly some even denied it happened.
I have only ever seen footage of the incident once, on Reporting Scotland I think.
Does anyone remember that incident and who the ref was? Do I remember it correctly?
We will never have and will never ever get fair treatment from the SFA without a root and branch clear out. They are not fit for purpose.
The rule they stated was if only a single player is standing on the field of play they could kick off ,the sfa or the ref that day must have told them that rule on the day or it was made up,,,,was Syme not the ref that day

Did I remember that right Kelly? Was it the Maestro who saved the day?

This if i mind right was the game not sure if it was Mcstay

but don't see it in the highlights but on the celtic wiki heres the review of the game

Review Celtic after a disastrous season and ended Rangers 45 game domestic unbeaten run.

Celtic led from a Collins and Payton goal each, but the end of the match was nervy with chances to steal the match after Hateley brought them back in to make it 2-1. Very close. John Brown was scum and got away with some hacking. Celtic were denied a clear penalty too.

Match is infamous for that the referee allowed Rangers to kick-off fast after Celtic had scored and not allow Celtic to celebrate. Caused a bit of a stoosh (the Celtic View definitely made a noise). In truth, the Celtic board made too much of a meal of things. It was quick thinking by Rangers players, and it could have been avoided if one Celtic player had kept one foot in the opposition half. Wasn't

I was also there that day Richy although my dodgy memory seems to think it was the Bear that stopped them, but I've been wrong before, 5 of them racing towards our goal in the Celtic end and only our Keeper and one player kept them out, pretty sure 2 of our guys got booked afterwards for protesting to the zombie mib..

Similar incident happened at the bigotdome a few yrs before when hun with a whistle JPR Gordon allowed them to take centre with only 3 Celtic players in their own half, Zombies greatest ever player John Greig 😂😂knocked it by the post from about 4 yards out, I was nearly arrested by the cops for shouting abuse at him from the centenary stand, and was warned to stay seated the rest of the game. 😂😂

but don't see it in the highlights but on the celtic wiki heres the review of the game

Review Celtic after a disastrous season and ended Rangers 45 game domestic unbeaten run.

Celtic led from a Collins and Payton goal each, but the end of the match was nervy with chances to steal the match after Hateley brought them back in to make it 2-1. Very close. John Brown was scum and got away with some hacking. Celtic were denied a clear penalty too.

Match is infamous for that the referee allowed Rangers to kick-off fast after Celtic had scored and not allow Celtic to celebrate. Caused a bit of a stoosh (the Celtic View definitely made a noise). In truth, the Celtic board made too much of a meal of things. It was quick thinking by Rangers players, and it could have been avoided if one Celtic player had kept one foot in the opposition half. Wasn't

Blatant penalty at 1:03

Better one than that remember fat goram in a game against them at Celtic Park took a goal kick and passed it out to Richard”simply the beast” Gough who was lookin the other way big Pierre nipped in and scored and the ref think it was the bigot Dallas told them to take it again f****n unbelievable decision

Not everyones cup of tea but John Collins was some player!

Better one than that remember fat goram in a game against them at Celtic Park took a goal kick and passed it out to Richard”simply the beast” Gough who was lookin the other way big Pierre nipped in and scored and the ref think it was the bigot Dallas told them to take it again f****n unbelievable decision
Anyone remember a cup draw live on tv we were first name out the hat so would have been at home ,next thing you knew there was to be a toss of the coin which we won ,which they claimed the toss was to see who picked heads and who picked tales
Next toss of the coin the huns won ,,,,,,,result huns at home , think it was 92 or 93

Despite being skint at this period and supposedly under investing the quality of certain players is much higher than today imo

Collins and Mcstay alone are better than our best players in respective positions today imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back