Cut & paste from CQN

HRVATSKI JIM on 5TH JANUARY 2020 11:14 AM
From The Herald

HeraldScotland4MENU

SPORTFOOTBALL3 hrs ago

SFA remain quiet on Rangers’ UEFA licence charges

By Ewing Grahame

Alastair Johnston (centre) at the Rangers AGM meeting this year

Almost 20 months since the SFA’s compliance officer hit Rangers with two charges concerning their application for a licence to play in Europe in 2011/12, the ruling body continues to do nothing to take matters forward.

The last act of Clare Whyte’s predecessor, Tony McGlennan, was – following an eight-month investigation – to issue the charges against Rangers in June 2018 after sworn statements made in court during the trial of former owner Craig Whyte revealed that the board at Ibrox had been made aware in January, 2011, of money owed to HMRC regarding what became known as the Wee Tax Case, when payments were made to several players under the Discounted Option Scheme in an attempt to dodge tax.

UEFA insists that all clubs taking part in their competitions must declare overdue tax payable. However, Rangers claimed in their submission for a licence in 2011 that they had no overdue payables and that they were “in discussions” over a disputed tax bill.

However, Rangers directors testified during the Whyte trial that the club knew the tax bill was overdue in November, 2010. As a result of their application being granted, Rangers were allowed to compete in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League (where they were eliminated by Malmo) and the Europa League (where they lost out to Maribor); had their application been rejected – as it should have been – then Celtic, runners-up in the SPL in 2011, would have taken their place in the Champions League.

That alleged obfuscation formed the basis of the first charge, as was revealed in a letter sent by the SFA to all member clubs in September, 2017, which also explained the second charge by explaining that Rangers did not observe the rules that: “All members shall:- (a) observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship in accordance with the rules of fair play; (b) be subject to and comply with the articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and international match calendar promulgated by the board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel Protocol, a committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport; (f) behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.”

Sanctions available for the latter breach range from a £1,000 fine up to “£5,000,000 and/or ejection from the Scottish Cup and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup and/or any player registration restrictions and/or suspension and/or termination of membership and/or any sanction or disposal not expressly provided above”.

Rangers immediately argued that the SFA, as a result of the secret Five-Way Agreement they and the SPFL signed in 2012 following the descent into liquidation of the old club, had no jurisdiction in this case and that the matter could only be heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland, an opinion upheld by the SFA’s own judicial panel in June, 2018. Since then, nothing.

When I pressed him on the matter in June of last year, SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said: “I would expect that to come back to the board in the not too distant future.

“It [going to CAS] is still under consideration. We’ll come back on that in due course. I wouldn’t want to put a timescale on it . . . but I don’t think we would let it go for ever.”

We asked the SFA on Tuesday whether a decision had been arrived at concerning the next step in this procedure. They said they would get back to us but there has yet to be a response from them.

Alastair Johnston, a director of Rangers International Football Club, this week gave an interview in which he taunted Celtic supporters who claim that the current Rangers is a separate entity from the club which imploded in 2012.

“You know what?” he asked. “If that was the end of Rangers and Celtic and if that was the end of the big game that started in 1888 [the first Old Firm meeting] all the way to 2012 – we won that game.

“The way you determine it by the number of times (54) we won the top division. We were ahead in February, 2012 and in head-to-head victories, we were ahead of Celtic in 2012.

“So if you wanted to say the old Rangers of 1872 died – we beat you 2-0 and when the game started again in 2012, it will be 120 years or so before you can tie with us.”

Mr Johnston was removed from the board at Ibrox by Whyte in 2011, but not before he declared in the club’s interim accounts that year that the Wee Tax Bill was a “potential” liability rather than an actual, overdue one.

It’s understood that it is his signature which appears on the UEFA application which the SFA now believes was consequently awarded in error. Curiously, though, they seem reluctant to proceed with their charges.

Strange it surfaced now especially as the Celtic board got in line with the rest of Scottish football by voting down Res 12
Maxwells a puppet a guy with less qualifications than gordhun smith
The point of them not getting back to clubs or the Herald shows how they to have little appetite to persue the matter and have yet to find an excuse to cover there arses

The five way agreement should be persued and the details published ,that in my opinion is the document that would destroy the SFA

Strange it surfaced now especially as the Celtic board got in line with the rest of Scottish football by voting down Res 12
Maxwells a puppet a guy with less qualifications than gordhun smith
The point of them not getting back to clubs or the Herald shows how they to have little appetite to persue the matter and have yet to find an excuse to cover there arses

The five way agreement should be persued and the details published ,that in my opinion is the document that would destroy the SFA

I think there might be some collateral damage along with the SFA

Having read through the whole document for the first time as a nuetral the first thing I would say to myself is..
What has Peter Lawwell got to hide,,because there is absolutely no doubt there is more to this than we know about..
Any neutral who read this document would know there is something not right.. I have read this document about 10 times and every time I ask myself the same question...what is he hiding from us,,or maybe he is hiding something from everybody..
It is now time Peter to stand up and be counted,let the supporters know what is happening or maybe you prefer to save it for your autobiography..

HH.

I think there might be some collateral damage along with the SFA
Without a doubt Imatim there is collateral damage with the SFA.and SPFL
I am getting to a stage now where I am thinking is this a conspiracy theory with Lawwell,,SFA,,and SPFL..
If you tell what you know about us,, we will tell what we know about you..
What a friggin corupt world these people live in..

HH.

Am I right in thinking if this goes to CAS the details of the 5 way secret agreement will have to be tabled?

With the lying King suggesting the Huns have an indemnity written in to this Agreement and are untouchable who has the most to lose if this Agreement is made public knowledge?

Could it be that this secret Agreement is unlawful and fraud has been committed?

Was this alleged indemnity signed off on by officers of the SFA and the dead Rangers.....with their clear knowledge that the dead Rangers were not entitled to entry in to European competition?

With the Court having been provided with clear and solid evidence that the dead Rangers should not have been granted entry in to European competition at the time in question.....there is case of fraud imo to be answered as a consequence

They think this is going to just go away.....I don’t think it is

Without a doubt Imatim there is collateral damage with the SFA.and SPFL
I am getting to a stage now where I am thinking is this a conspiracy theory with Lawwell,,SFA,,and SPFL..
If you tell what you know about us,, we will tell what we know about you..
What a friggin corupt world these people live in..

HH.

I think there very well may be real relevance in what you say and I think I could stab a guess at what it is

Am I right in thinking if this goes to CAS the details of the 5 way secret agreement will have to be tabled?

With the lying King suggesting the Huns have an indemnity written in to this Agreement and are untouchable who has the most to lose if this Agreement is made public knowledge?

Could it be that this secret Agreement is unlawful and fraud has been committed?

Was this alleged indemnity signed off on by officers of the SFA and the dead Rangers.....with their clear knowledge that the dead Rangers were not entitled to entry in to European competition?

With the Court having been provided with clear and solid evidence that the dead Rangers should not have been granted entry in to European competition at the time in question.....there is case of fraud imo to be answered as a consequence

They think this is going to just go away.....I don’t think it is
My assumption is that there is definitely a document been signed and I also believe that Lawwell has his name on this document,the SFA office bearers at the time I also believe have their names on this document,,do I think it will ever see daylight again,not at all..we can talk about this document all day mate but it will not get any closer to the truth..
Speaking of the truth,how can we compete with a man who said at the last AGM when asked about RES 12.
I spoke to EUFA this morning about RES12 and as far as they are concerned this matter has been closed,they said they had a 5 year window for this accusation but the 5 years have now lapsed and as far as they are concerned the matter is closed..
Now does that smack of bullshit or what..

HH.

If the sfa have something on lawell let them say it and if lawell has something on the sfa say it .Peter lawell has done very well out of celtic football club and I'm sure he has done a lot of good for celtic but thiers a lot of unanswered questions out thier.just empty the big sack out and let's see where the rats run and how much they squeel.it has to be done for the good of Scottish football or it will die.

My assumption is that there is definitely a document been signed and I also believe that Lawwell has his name on this document,the SFA office bearers at the time I also believe have their names on this document,,do I think it will ever see daylight again,not at all..we can talk about this document all day mate but it will not get any closer to the truth..
Speaking of the truth,how can we compete with a man who said at the last AGM when asked about RES 12.
I spoke to EUFA this morning about RES12 and as far as they are concerned this matter has been closed,they said they had a 5 year window for this accusation but the 5 years have now lapsed and as far as they are concerned the matter is closed..
Now does that smack of bullshit or what..

Peter Lawwell knew full well at the AGM that the EUFA 5 year limitation did not apply if corruption was involved.....there is clear evidence that this is the case and Peter Lawwell knows it.....as the Bhoys driving Resolution12 made him well aware of it prior to the AGM.....I always gave Peter Lawwell the benefit of the doubt until he made this misleading and self serving statement.....now I do not

Maybe now the press have picked up on why the SFA have kept quiet for so long about the 5 way secret agreement we will get some of the answers we have been looking for..
Has fraud been commited in this agreement ??? whose signatures are on these documents,???.

HH.
These documents

see that there is the problem as so many were leaked online different versions on different blogs

If The SFA can withhold documents and be obstructive towards clubs ,from HMRC/UEFA/SPFL/city of London police
would you really put faith in them to produce the REAL 5 way agreement ,sevco would never release the details not even under oath

Lawwell stated he had never seen it ,that i believe is a lie if it is not a lie then he ignored the most important document on his watch a document he should have been all over the minute it was muted

Any version that would be released would be the one they want us to see

mibbe there's a wee bombshell in craigie whyte's book,available at all good bookshops next month! 🍺
I thought that is why Johnston surfaced again Michael,he know,s what is in this book could tear them apart.
Exactly the same tactics used by them immediately after the last game,,attack them before they attack us..
He also said he would name the SPL manager who said he would guarantee 3 points when sevco played his team,,the price he asked according to Whyte was £100,000..
Told all the old burds,no Valentines card this year,Craig Whyte,s damning book is top of the list..
Two dates we have to look forward to,,17th January,,renamed BIG MIKES DAY..
14TH February St Valentines day..lets hope these days are remembered as the two days which went down in sevco infamy ..and took sevco with them.

HH.

HH.

I thought that is why Johnston surfaced again Michael,he know,s what is in this book could tear them apart.
Exactly the same tactics used by them immediately after the last game,,attack them before they attack us..
He also said he would name the SPL manager who said he would guarantee 3 points when sevco played his team,,the price he asked according to Whyte was £100,000..
Told all the old burds,no Valentines card this year,Craig Whyte,s damning book is top of the list..
Two dates we have to look forward to,,17th January,,renamed BIG MIKES DAY..
14TH February St Valentines day..lets hope these days are remembered as the two days which went down in sevco infamy ..and took sevco with them.

HH.

HH.
Hail Hail green sprig ☘

Back