The Sick As A Parrot - Get It Off Your Chest Thread

It's no longer about football, it's about money,it's not about glory,achievement,iy's about corporate brand's vying for Murdoch's money,football all glossed up,manufactured teams, manufactured 'superstars' a closed shop competition for a few elite teams,crumbs to some teams to give a veneer of competition? in a fixed tournament?,there are more champions in the europa league than the champions league! so feck them and their token pennies,werrs that beer!🍺🥳

Think ah fell intae the champions league qualification trap,it wiznae glory,achievement,it was how much money we would get,jist get tae the group stages,feck whit happens, we're minted! any way.........🍺🥳

Are we as a club,as a support,losing our soul?
Like everybody else, ah wiz gutted at the way we lost against Ferencvaros,but later, i got to thinking(aye ah know, stoap laughin in the cheap seats yooz!) just what is it we we want from the champions league?,qualification? the odd glory night? a competition exclusively designed for the financially doped elite clubs in Europe, at the expense of real clubs, real champions,clubs with real history? ah mean,what the phuq have Tottenham done?
So basically, it's about money,money rather than achievement?,sell books if we qualify,and everything that goes with it,the fans pay and pay and pay,heated driveway and disco lights!it's not Celtic the club,it's Celtic the corporate brand,ah'm auld school,(no that auld ye cheeky feckers!)ye could get autograph's off ae legends, ye could have the craic over a pint,but noo, nae feckin chance,a wee wave noo and again,or social feckin media,even when players do mingle, it's all stage managed,there is a huge disconnect!
Our board, aye they phuqers! the balance sheet bhoys (great name furra band by the way!) treat us fans/customers, wi feckin contempt! GURRRR! Corporate bastaarts, remember somebody sayin tae me, workin on the buses would be a great job,if ye had nae passengers! and that's the feelin ah get from our board,we're the great unwashed, the Green Brigade are tolerated until they go political,but like them or loath them,pyro's aside, ah'm with them 100%because they've got soul,ah've got soul, we've got soul, the board do not,we are not a football club in their eyes, we are a corporate entity,where the bottom line on a balance sheet is king,and it breaks my heart to say so!
Anyway, rant over! Hail Hail Celtic forever! 🍺 🥳

Like everybody else, ah wiz gutted at the way we lost against Ferencvaros,but later, i got to thinking(aye ah know, stoap laughin in the cheap seats yooz!) just what is it we we want from the champions league?,qualification? the odd glory night? a competition exclusively designed for the financially doped elite clubs in Europe, at the expense of real clubs, real champions,clubs with real history? ah mean,what the phuq have Tottenham done?
So basically, it's about money,money rather than achievement?,sell books if we qualify,and everything that goes with it,the fans pay and pay and pay,heated driveway and disco lights!it's not Celtic the club,it's Celtic the corporate brand,ah'm auld school,(no that auld ye cheeky feckers!)ye could get autograph's off ae legends, ye could have the craic over a pint,but noo, nae feckin chance,a wee wave noo and again,or social feckin media,even when players do mingle, it's all stage managed,there is a huge disconnect!
Our board, aye they phuqers! the balance sheet bhoys (great name furra band by the way!) treat us fans/customers, wi feckin contempt! GURRRR! Corporate bastaarts, remember somebody sayin tae me, workin on the buses would be a great job,if ye had nae passengers! and that's the feelin ah get from our board,we're the great unwashed, the Green Brigade are tolerated until they go political,but like them or loath them,pyro's aside, ah'm with them 100%because they've got soul,ah've got soul, we've got soul, the board do not,we are not a football club in their eyes, we are a corporate entity,where the bottom line on a balance sheet is king,and it breaks my heart to say so!

Well said Michael...

UTLR

I wonder what our expectations are for this season are or rather where. I assumed that we would qualify for the CL group stages and NOT be knocked out at the 2nd qualifying stage. I now assume that we will qualify for the EL group stages. I assume as the best team in Scotland that we should win the league. I do not assume that we will win another treble. The Masons in black will put paid to that.
So my my basic expectations are EU group stages and 10IAR.

Quality rant there Methuselah D 👏👏👏👍

HH MD

I agree micheal 100% about GB love those guys anybody who says that between ages of 16/26 would not be part of GB Well I worry for they stand for all that is good about our club.The board dont really don't give a shit about us fans they just want bums on seats.
Alright we lost again in Europe if we can't beat teams at home we don't deserve to be in it.ok mngr made mistakes put ur hand up if u have never made a mistake Well fuck it all we have
Is each other and our team can understand frustration we r all feeling like Micheal I have seen some really shite teams in past 70yrs even Big Jock had his cock ups If anybody doesn't want to play for us fuck off and let those who want to pull on the hoops do it.again we sing celtic supporters faithful thro and thro or is this only words sung when winning remember without us and celtic we have nothing
YNWA

Members online

Latest posts

Back