'The spirit of Miss Sarajevo,' Dedicated to the victims of the Siege of Sarajevo and the massacre at Srebrenica

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
If you have ever done the Stadium Tour at Celtic Park you might have met Tour Guide Matt Corr.

Matt also writes for The Celtic Star and usually provides us with a wonderful insight of the away day trips in Europe following the Bhoys. You can read back through the archives to read the articles from all the trips last season but none come close to the article Matt has supplied us with today.

It comes from Sarajevo. It is a must read. It will bring tears to you eyes....

https://thecelticstar.com/something...e-of-sarajevo-and-the-massacre-at-srebrenica/

IMG_5880-640x459.jpg

If you have ever done the Stadium Tour at Celtic Park you might have met Tour Guide Matt Corr.

Matt also writes for The Celtic Star and usually provides us with a wonderful insight of the away day trips in Europe following the Bhoys. You can read back through the archives to read the articles from all the trips last season but none come close to the article Matt has supplied us with today.

https://thecelticstar.com/something...e-of-sarajevo-and-the-massacre-at-srebrenica/

View attachment 3745
Sounds like a magical experience, rich in history, sorrowful but culturally significant in many ways. Thoroughly enjoyed the story, almost felt like I had been myself.

View attachment 3745
First class ,hh

Brilliant stuff Matt, The conflict in the Balkans will go down as Europe's shame. We stood by and watched and let people die, does anyone remember the Dutch UN troops who were under orders only to use arms when fired upon. They watched on as human beings were being taken away to be raped, tortured and killed.
When the world finally did react Blair and Clinton acted as bad as the worst monsters in the conflict and added to the death toll by an indescriminate bombing campaign, didn't see them in the Hague with the rest of the butchering Bastards though.

After the Holocaust and the evidence that was found in the nazi concentration camps I remember leading politicians saying “ we must never let this happen again”. Well what the fcuk happened here then. Were they all away on holiday when this was goin on. They should be ashamed..... but politicians don’t know the meaning of the word

After the Holocaust and the evidence that was found in the nazi concentration camps I remember leading politicians saying “ we must never let this happen again”. Well what the fcuk happened here then. Were they all away on holiday when this was goin on. They should be ashamed..... but politicians don’t know the meaning of the word

And still happening today in the world, GG. You could weep for innocents caught up in religious wars etc. but they're all man made.

And still happening today in the world, GG. You could weep for innocents caught up in religious wars etc. but they're all man made.
Your so right Shammy it’s never ending. I remember in the 60s in the Vietnam war, there was a front page photo of a wee girl running with no clothes on her clothes had been burnt off with napalm. I still remember that poor wee lass and it’s still the same. I just thank God my grandchildren and great grandchildren have been born into a country that’s relatively safe. But even then with all this knife crime and gang violence it makes me fear for them

Yes that photograph highlighted the role of the media for the first time in a war that wasn't printed as propaganda.

My fear is that although we think we live in a relatively stable country, that could quickly change in this rise of right-wing politics and fascism. With Boris and Trump the heads of the Western world anything is possible.

The picture of the lorrys 54 ft long trailer attached with flowers is quite powerful , the horrors that were allowed to happen while the rest of the world navel gazed is abhorent

And yet grim finds are still ignored by the rest of the world

Yes that photograph highlighted the role of the media for the first time in a war that wasn't printed as propaganda.

My fear is that although we think we live in a relatively stable country, that could quickly change in this rise of right-wing politics and fascism. With Boris and Trump the heads of the Western world anything is possible.
Oh aye I pure forgot about tweedle dum and feckin tweedle dee. What a bloody win double

Back