The Tasmanian Devil Celtic imported from AC Milan, Signor Paolo Di Canio

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
The Tasmanian Devil Celtic imported from AC Milan, Signor Paolo Di Canio...

What are your thoughts on Di Canio?....a) as a player and b) as a man....?

As a player unbelievable gave everything for the team in every game have very seldom seen a player with so much skill On the other side used us to get to Premier league very seldom did he mention celtic or support when interviewed if ever only when it suited his own ends Regarding him as a man Total Facist like many Lazio Fans thank for lighting up many games with ur talent No thank for ur morals and beliefs not in keeping with our club

He came down to Swindon to manage the club and it's got to be said did a good job brought in some decent players Si,Paul Caddis who has returned to the club and Cuthbert who still plays down here all three came through the Celtic youth system and were very popular many people still follow Si on Facebook etc Di Canio was well thought of but left under a cloud choiceing to empty his office in the middle of the night being in dispute with the chairman at the time only to appear at Sunderland a couple of months later,plenty of speculation of why he left I was told he ran the team with an iron hand and would broke no interference leading to unrest in the dressing room??but he did do a good job for Swindon pity left he the way he did which I think was down to his attitude the same as happened at Sunderland

The Tasmanian Devil Celtic imported from AC Milan, Signor Paolo Di Canio...

What are your thoughts on Di Canio?....a) as a player and b) as a man....?
As a player he was one of my favourites.

The nazi salutes or even hail Caesar whatever it was, I thought was bizarre but when I heard he got booted off tv cause he has a tattoo of Musolini I lost my admiration for his character.

As a footballer he was genius at times.

I was genuinely gutted when he left.

I remember working as a steward while at University in North stand suite. And a bloke decided to pick me to remove a picture from the wall.

He won't stand for no nazi pictures on walls of stadium.

Never did find out if his request to remove the poster was fulfilled. I did pass it onto the head of security for Celtic. Not sure if he took it serious.

Only saw him in the flesh once. A 0-0 draw against the Arabs at Tannadice. Took my two young nephews to match ( in UTD end cos the boys were Arabs like their dad) telling them they were awa see something special. Paolo showed flashes of brilliance that day but if I mind right Twas a dull game.
Could make your mouth drop with some of the things he done on the pitch Rich, but that salute scunnered me.😖

great player

But a billy big baws remember him at tynecastle and mark mcnally hi his usual stray pass and dicanio went ballistic screaming for Tommy Burns to get Mcnally the fk off , a thing we all wanted but that wasn't the time or place
Went right off him after that and the fact the fkr burst my coupon at firhill , had Cadette for a hatrick and Dicanio grabbed the ball off Cadette for the penaly, sure it was the cup game

He was my favourite player in the very, very, very short time he was here (for context, Marc Antoine Fortune played far more Celtic games than di Canio).

As a person I think he might be a scrotum. I was only a young teenager when he played. I was right into art and I drew a beautiful A2 portrait of him - it was the best thing I'd done at that stage - and my mum suggested I drop it in at Celtic Park to get it signed (I was always hassling Celtic - Tommy Burns used to write to me all the time, God bless and keep him). Anyway, the woman at the desk said she'd see to it. When I went to collect it two weeks later, she looked all embarrassed and said Mr di Canio has decided to keep the portrait for himself.

Last edited:
Back