The Term Legend

Has the word legend not already been redefined?

As far as im aware legend means story from so long ago that its hard to authenticate whether it was true or not.

eg

Rangers were a legendary club, they cheated the country out of millions to get better players on the pitch and then committed suicide while blaming the scapegoat.

Sevco claim they are the same club as the one who scammed its fans, shareholders and club stakeholders while winning trophies with inherently biased system of selected men from their secret society clubs.

But thats a legend.

Rangers are dead.

Sevco are going for 1 wearing a dead clubs old assets
Tbh, a was hoping for a bit of debate about players who would become legends for us. Not too concerned aboot they cunts or turning this into a thread about them.

Tbh, a was hoping for a bit of debate about players who would become legends for us. Not too concerned aboot they cunts or turning this into a thread about them.
Brian Boru was a Celtic legend

The trouble with legendary status is its past related

not future

fantasising about potential future legends is easy

With 700 goals in his 3 seasons with Celtic

Ajeti (not the legendary yeti) was the greatest goalscorer ever seen in the land of Albion

Brian Boru was a Celtic legend

The trouble with legendary status is its past related

not future

fantasising about potential future legends is easy

With 700 goals in his 3 seasons with Celtic

Ajeti (not the legendary yeti) was the greatest goalscorer ever seen in the land of Albion
I think the term Legend can be thrown around too easily, but at the same time if a player is rightfully classed as a modern legend (say Jamsey for example) it's compared to Legends of the past as a way of arguing he's maybe not a legend. It's catch 22. If you see what I'm getting at

I think the term Legend can be thrown around too easily, but at the same time if a player is rightfully classed as a modern legend (say Jamsey for example) it's compared to Legends of the past as a way of arguing he's maybe not a legend. It's catch 22. If you see what I'm getting at
The word legendary is imo being used wrongly with contemporary players.

Forrest will become legendary in future simply because he is a serial winner with many many moments of genius

Most legends of Celtic have serial wins

And overall a very high rating in his many many games at club.

Dembele does not fit legend status for me.

He was a potential legend who left before he achieved the level of commitment required.

Commitment and quality usually go hand in hand with winners medals

in football context Celtic have many players at club who will be legends just for their performances and achievements to date.

Dembele was an invincible

high quality

but not quite legend based on commitment

I think in football context commitment and desire is dimension of legendary status that makes the player legend.

to get your name added to the willie maley litany you need to match up to the guys already on the list

:p

Griffiths Legend Broonie legend Forrest legend CalMac getting there
Jackie Mack Lambert there’s loads Henrick Hartson Sutton Petrov Commper
Mjalby and Lubo.
to me all legends like The Lions the maestro
Christ it’s opinions but which one is a red herr ing

HH πŸ€

The word legendary is imo being used wrongly with contemporary players.

Forrest will become legendary in future simply because he is a serial winner with many many moments of genius

Most legends of Celtic have serial wins

And overall a very high rating in his many many games at club.

Dembele does not fit legend status for me.

He was a potential legend who left before he achieved the level of commitment required.

Commitment and quality usually go hand in hand with winners medals

in football context Celtic have many players at club who will be legends just for their performances and achievements to date.

Dembele was an invincible

high quality

but not quite legend based on commitment

I think in football context commitment and desire is dimension of legendary status that makes the player legend.

to get your name added to the willie maley litany you need to match up to the guys already on the list

:p
Best post I've read so far. Can't disagree with any of it. πŸ‘

Griffiths Legend Broonie legend Forrest legend CalMac getting there
Jackie Mack Lambert there’s loads Henrick Hartson Sutton Petrov Commper
Mjalby and Lubo.
to me all legends like The Lions the maestro
Christ it’s opinions but which one is a red herr ing

HH πŸ€
Griff a legend before McGregor. That'll raise a few eyebrows, Sam

Would you Say Ronnie Simpson is a legend Fader based on the time he was at the club.
different era different times.
the Faither is and always will be a Legend imo
It’s not just the length of time but the Impact
In the time your there.
Johny Doyle Paul Wilson legendary status for me.
but the word Legend is overused

HH πŸ€

Members online

Latest posts

Back