The Term Legend

Fader

Something I've been wondering for a few days now. Should we redefine the definition of the word Legend?

A mate of mine considers Dembele to be a Legend, something I'd never even gave a second's thought beforehand and I'm actually on the fence with. But going by past Legends, they were rightfully given the term due to their achievements and performance with us and giving their best years to us - something that players these-days no longer do due to the pull of stronger leagues, more money, etc. I feel if we're stuck in the past requirements of what it takes to become a legend here then we won't have any to tell our grandkids about. So what, now-a-days, for you, does it take to be classed as a modern Celtic Legend?

Thoughts?

Dembele never. Couple of great seasons and off. Legends of the modern day should be in the mould of Larsson. Skill and the heart that's proud to wear that top. Integrity is another trait. Give your all and you will be held in high regard even you possibly don't achieve Legend status.

Something I've been wondering for a few days now. Should we redefine the definition of the word Legend?

A mate of mine considers Dembele to be a Legend, something I'd never even gave a second's thought beforehand and I'm actually on the fence with. But going by past Legends, they were rightfully given the term due to their achievements and performance with us and giving their best years to us - something that players these-days no longer do due to the pull of stronger leagues, more money, etc. I feel if we're stuck in the past requirements of what it takes to become a legend here then we won't have any to tell our grandkids about. So what, now-a-days, for you, does it take to be classed as a modern Celtic Legend?

Thoughts?
Broonys a modern day legend and lets not forget it took him a while to grow into the jersey.Wee Forrest and McGregor would be in with a shout aswell i think.Big Moussa would come under Le Hunskelper!๐Ÿ˜‚

Dembele never. Couple of great seasons and off. Legends of the modern day should be in the mould of Larsson. Skill and the heart that's proud to wear that top. Integrity is another trait. Give your all and you will be held in high regard even you possibly don't achieve Legend status.
Struggled to convince myself he would be considered a Legend as well, Stevie, but then I think "Is he a player I'll talk about in years time"? I'll certainly enjoy reminiscing about how he destroyed the huns, his double nuttmeg, etc. But is it enough? Not sure.

To me, a legend is a player you'll tell stories about, and there will be plenty to tell, regardless if it wasn't their best years they gave us. Forrest and Broony are two, but they're a dying breed. Players like Dembele, VVD, Tierney, all awesome players who moved on before their prime. Times are changing now, so should we redefine what it takes to be a legend?

I guess legend will probably be redefined as these days most players are no longer tied to the same club for most of their career (that's how exceptional Forest, Broony and hopefully MacGregor are). So I suppose it may be based on success and impact at the club rather than longevity. Those that combine both then are clearly legends.

By that measure I suppose Dembele can be considered a legend by some people.

Struggled to convince myself he would be considered a Legend as well, Stevie, but then I think "Is he a player I'll talk about in years time"? I'll certainly enjoy reminiscing about how he destroyed the huns, his double nuttmeg, etc. But is it enough? Not sure.

To me, a legend is a player you'll tell stories about, and there will be plenty to tell, regardless if it wasn't their best years they gave us. Forrest and Broony are two, but they're a dying breed. Players like Dembele, VVD, Tierney, all awesome players who moved on before their prime. Times are changing now, so should we redefine what it takes to be a legend?
LEGEND is what you think bobby Lennox legend billy legend henrik legend jinky legend Celtic supporters know who there legends are , and thatโ€™s good enough for me let the new team fae Govan talk about legends ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Alex Rae ..... played 34 ..yes 34 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ go on ya dik batter in

Legends are players who have been with us for 10 years....and Henrik
One of the points I'm making though, mate. How many players are we gonny have from now on that stay that long? Any player we get that is good enough will leave for the EPL 1st chance they get. I don't even grudge them that now-a-days with the way things are.

One of the points I'm making though, mate. How many players are we gonny have from now on that stay that long? Any player we get that is good enough will leave for the EPL 1st chance they get. I don't even grudge them that now-a-days with the way things are.

Well it's simple...you should Only be regarded as a legend if you do stay for 10 years.
Like I said

Naw. ๐Ÿ™Š

Why donโ€™t you be fuckin wan an leave now prick

Thoughts?
Has the word legend not already been redefined?

As far as im aware legend means story from so long ago that its hard to authenticate whether it was true or not.

eg

Rangers were a legendary club, they cheated the country out of millions to get better players on the pitch and then committed suicide while blaming the scapegoat.

Sevco claim they are the same club as the one who scammed its fans, shareholders and club stakeholders while winning trophies with inherently biased system of selected men from their secret society clubs.

But thats a legend.

Rangers are dead.

Sevco are going for 1 wearing a dead clubs old assets

Back