The Unaccountable Board's utter contempt for fans

wee breath of fresh air from the SFM
upthehoops 14th August 2019 at 13:35

I wrote recently about my views that there is an overly large negative element among the Celtic support. As you can imagine social media is in complete meltdown this morning after last night's result. No-one is going to deny the disappointment of having a tie won twice, and then throwing it away, and as a fan it was heartbreaking to be present to witness it. The post mortem into team selection and tactics will go on for days. However some of the stuff I have read from so called Celtic fans about Neil Lennon, Scott Brown, Peter Lawwell and the rest of the Celtic Board goes beyond the pale. I am glad there is a site like this where generally only decent, constructive viewpoints are allowed. No-one has to agree with each other of course, but it is generally kept decent.
As a Celtic fan of 57 years old I have been privileged to witness many great moments, and the good certainly far outweighs the bad. Save for the years of financial doping and tax cheating by David Murray it might have been even better. I see people on here who support other clubs who maybe only have a couple, or just one fabulous trophy winning day to look back on or maybe none at all, yet it does nothing to diminish the love for their club.
Has the word Perspective been banned from the English language, because it is clear many people either don't know what it means, or are still willing to be influenced by the mainstream media.
Is perspective no that stuff they use on bus shelters?

I wrote recently about my views that there is an overly large negative element among the Celtic support. As you can imagine social media is in complete meltdown this morning after last night's result. No-one is going to deny the disappointment of having a tie won twice, and then throwing it away, and as a fan it was heartbreaking to be present to witness it. The post mortem into team selection and tactics will go on for days. However some of the stuff I have read from so called Celtic fans about Neil Lennon, Scott Brown, Peter Lawwell and the rest of the Celtic Board goes beyond the pale. I am glad there is a site like this where generally only decent, constructive viewpoints are allowed. No-one has to agree with each other of course, but it is generally kept decent.
As a Celtic fan of 57 years old I have been privileged to witness many great moments, and the good certainly far outweighs the bad. Save for the years of financial doping and tax cheating by David Murray it might have been even better. I see people on here who support other clubs who maybe only have a couple, or just one fabulous trophy winning day to look back on or maybe none at all, yet it does nothing to diminish the love for their club.
Has the word Perspective been banned from the English language, because it is clear many people either don't know what it means, or are still willing to be influenced by the mainstream media.

Is this a dig for calling Brian Wilson a former Labour fuckwit and arch Unionist? Because I stand by that comment 100% :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Clearly many people on here are hurting due , not just because of the result last night , but with the feeling that we , as supporters , are being short changed by the Club .

We see great success on the park domestically , and that is highly pleasing , but many of our supporters ( me certainly ) have been around for a long time and have enjoyed success beyond our own wee diddy league . Only a fool would expect us in these days to be winning a European Trophy ...but we do expect better than we have been fed recently .
When we see good players being acquired or reared and helping the team be successful it is so , so depressing to see them sold ( often for large sums ) then be given third rate replacements , while the CEO and the Board preen themselves at how good the accounts look .

Nobody on here wants to go the way of the Zombie Klub ... but neither do we want to be penny pinching when we clearly are in a very healthy financial position . If there is a glaringly obvious reason why we cannot push the boat out on one or two GOOD players - then we need to be told - by the Board .
However , as we are all aware , the Board and the CEO give us the mushroom treatment - keep us in the dark , then occasionally feed us some shit !
It appears - and this is so noticeable at AGM's - that the Board only tolerate the support as long as they put up and shut up !
Time for a change - though how that is to be achieved I confess - I don't know !

HH

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A man who's principles can only be described as chameleonic. Happily stirred the sectarian pot in a cheap attempt to smear the Independence movement.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...te-attempt-to-sectarianise-scottish-politics/
Can't say I was ever a big advocate of his political stance on many things, Andy, but he sold the jerseys completely with his attack on the "nationslists"

Indyref was not a partisan issue, and Wilson brought it to the lowest levels in adopting the "unionist" position. Bankier is an unavowed tory and for as much as I loathe his politics, at least it is what it says on the tin (helmet). Wilson betrayed his own kind and Scotland, as a whole, with his embrace of unionist ideals.

Simple hit the club were it hurts the most the balance sheet, next time replica tops due for a change just don't buy it, boycotting games works but that effects the players, not their fault our CEO is a GRADE A CVNT

It's funny that over on the hun site they have an awe of the Celtic support. Posts about Mike Ashley are full of "The Tims would tear the place apart" "The (insert anti Catholic epithet) would be there in the hundreds." They have this belief in the collective force of Free Glasgow. I guess now is a good time to see if the local support will prove them right. Then again, I am in the US and have very little economic impact on the CFC's wallet. It's not for me to demand the locals do something.

It's funny that over on the hun site they have an awe of the Celtic support. Posts about Mike Ashley are full of "The Tims would tear the place apart" "The (insert anti Catholic epithet) would be there in the hundreds." They have this belief in the collective force of Free Glasgow. I guess now is a good time to see if the local support will prove them right. Then again, I am in the US and have very little economic impact on the CFC's wallet. It's not for me to demand the locals do something.
keepin our powder dry BNAS,but we know when and how tae bring the thunder!

Aye, quite a few lads taking a generous stipend, but not the flak, Andy.
Clearly many people on here are hurting due , not just because of the result last night , but with the feeling that we , as supporters , are being short changed by the Club .

We see great success on the park domestically , and that is highly pleasing , but many of our supporters ( me certainly ) have been around for a long time and have enjoyed success beyond our own wee diddy league . Only a fool would expect us in these days to be winning a European Trophy ...but we do expect better than we have been fed recently .
When we see good players being acquired or reared and helping the team be successful it is so , so depressing to see them sold ( often for large sums ) then be given third rate replacements , while the CEO and the Board preen themselves at how good the accounts look .

Nobody on here wants to go the way of the Zombie Klub ... but neither do we want to be penny pinching when we clearly are in a very healthy financial position . If there is a glaringly obvious reason why we cannot push the boat out on one or two GOOD players - then we need to be told - by the Board .
However , as we are all aware , the Board and the CEO give us the mushroom treatment - keep us in the dark , then occasionally feed us some shit !
It appears - and this is so noticeable at AGM's - that the Board only tolerate the support as long as they put up and shut up !
Time for a change - though how that is to be achieved I confess - I don't know !

HH
well stated Millsy

The Celtic fans brought the old board to its knees & nearly got the club shut bythe bank in the 93/94 season SAVE OUR CELTS. It allowed Fergus McCann tae come in & save the club, the rest is history.

The Celtic fans brought the old board to its knees & nearly got the club shut bythe bank in the 93/94 season SAVE OUR CELTS. It allowed Fergus McCann tae come in & save the club, the rest is history.

I’m sorry my friend that isn’t quite right.....it was David Murray who pressurised the bank through his friend Masterton I believe to call in their markers and put us in to Administration.....do some research and find out who put up a £1M with no security to keep us out of Administration and who paid out the bank in full of that money owed to it.....we didn’t take the easy option and wipe out our debts and Phoenix in to The Celtic.....we paid our creditors in full and remained untainted by the stigma of administration followed by liquidation and starting again as a new entity.....I hope that has been helpful

A few months ago, a thread was started about a statue for the bunnet, it was a well balanced debate with no insulting each other, I found myself as a lone voice in the debate saying I didn't think it was a good idea and it made me feel very uncomfortable.
The vast majority of posters thought that he deserved it and some maybe didn't have an opinion one way or the other.
The point I'm making here is when Fergus left after 5 years, that was the day everything changed for Celtic, Fergus owned the club for 5 years but then basically sold us.
No one batted an eyelid as rich men from Ireland took up most of his shares, we are now in a position where like it or not we are just another business, which means targets will be set and the famous bonus will be pocketed.
I accepted this as it's the way the game is in the modern world, I just wonder what we will all think when one day some soulless owner (like the Glaziers at Man U) take us over, put us into debt as the money to buy us will have been borrowed.
If you think the way fans are treated now is bad, I don't btw, I think this is normal in the modern game, this might be the bloody golden age which is a scary thought.

Read tonight long piece by James Forrest in the CELTIC BLOG forum,I know some on here are not entirely enamoured with him, but the whole piece is very scathing ,to long to make comment here ,but should be read ,interesting,,previous managers,and their dealings with Lawwell and company ,etc .,etc ,it is an eye opener ,a lot we knew ,but a stark reminder none the less, hh

If hitler had a SOH he would be JF i kinda like him ???

A few months ago, a thread was started about a statue for the bunnet, it was a well balanced debate with no insulting each other, I found myself as a lone voice in the debate saying I didn't think it was a good idea and it made me feel very uncomfortable.
The vast majority of posters thought that he deserved it and some maybe didn't have an opinion one way or the other.
The point I'm making here is when Fergus left after 5 years, that was the day everything changed for Celtic, Fergus owned the club for 5 years but then basically sold us.
No one batted an eyelid as rich men from Ireland took up most of his shares, we are now in a position where like it or not we are just another business, which means targets will be set and the famous bonus will be pocketed.
I accepted this as it's the way the game is in the modern world, I just wonder what we will all think when one day some soulless owner (like the Glaziers at Man U) take us over, put us into debt as the money to buy us will have been borrowed.
If you think the way fans are treated now is bad, I don't btw, I think this is normal in the modern game, this might be the bloody golden age which is a scary thought.

That scares the shit out of me tbf.

Just for the record PL is would not be missed by all the blue pound clubs and the media would like to remind of how bad he is. We will say what DD says about this sfter all he holds the purse.

Kinda pulled on this one Boab coz petesy is brilliant at what he does.

Just would like as much ambition shown to the team as is that hotel

Back