'The War is Over, the Rascals have Won' as Bankier says Res 12 'not in the interests of the company'

Dear spherical Planet,

Whilst your sentiments are laudable they are wholly flawed. I expected today’s betrayal. Back when they died I realised that the Celtic board were wholly complicit. Today they showed they had lied, obsofcated and told us to move on.

They tried to bury this by banning the GB and asked the media to focus on this.

I do not believe their is any moving on from this. If you support Celtic with the current board in place you are supporting corruption.

This isn’t the fottball club I thought I supported.

Today I finally walk away. Those with any sense of integrity have no choice but to do so.

One last thing. Paul67 on celticquicknews is perhaps the most disgusting Celtic blogger of all time. He has dodged this as he doesn’t want to miss his prawn sandwiches. He has not one ounce of class and integrity. Great to see his site dying a death.

Bye bye Celtic.

Pile of 💩.

You never have been or ever will be a Celtic supporter, so crawl back under your stone ya horrible little troll.

Dear spherical Planet,

Whilst your sentiments are laudable they are wholly flawed. I expected today’s betrayal. Back when they died I realised that the Celtic board were wholly complicit. Today they showed they had lied, obsofcated and told us to move on.

They tried to bury this by banning the GB and asked the media to focus on this.

I do not believe their is any moving on from this. If you support Celtic with the current board in place you are supporting corruption.

This isn’t the fottball club I thought I supported.

Today I finally walk away. Those with any sense of integrity have no choice but to do so.

One last thing. Paul67 on celticquicknews is perhaps the most disgusting Celtic blogger of all time. He has dodged this as he doesn’t want to miss his prawn sandwiches. He has not one ounce of class and integrity. Great to see his site dying a death.

Bye bye Celtic.
Why should we walk away from our club? Because who currently runs it? No fucking way. So we add to the problem by deserting our club? That's not the way to go imo. We Are Celtic. Not they cunts on the board. Us. You me, our families our pals, their families. We let them know we don't like how they are running it, fine. But hell will fucking freeze over before I let any of they bastards drive me away from what belongs to me, you and every other man woman and child on this planet who are Celtic.

And another thing, my dearly departed mother would come back and nail me to a fucking wall. It's our club. Never forget that. It might be run by cowards right now, but they won't always be. HH and COYBIG

It shouldn't matter who runs the club if you're a true Celtic supporter. Those who have spat their dummies out want to take themselves aside and have a word with themselves before they do walking away. We are not the klan and Celtic is a club like no other, it's in your heart and soul but if you can't take the bad with the good then don't class yourself as a supporter of the finest team in the land.
Soz for the lecture but it's just the way I see it.

It shouldn't matter who runs the club if you're a true Celtic supporter. Those who have spat their dummies out want to take themselves aside and have a word with themselves before they do walking away. We are not the klan and Celtic is a club like no other, it's in your heart and soul but if you can't take the bad with the good then don't class yourself as a supporter of the finest team in the land.
Soz for the lecture but it's just the way I see it.
Aye, we all get that Shammy but some of us think that the board should have fought the good fight.....so to speak

Without fear or favour?
What price on integrity?
What do you fear and when were we ever done any favours?

Integrity.......please????

When there is cold hard cash involved, then integrity gets left at the door along with candour and virtue.

Don't make this some type of noble crusade. There are no good guys or bad guys here. Just rich guys and poor guys. It's the way of the world......always has been, always will be.

A lot of folk will talk about revolution and what happened to the previous board. How was that resolved again? That's right, a wee man came along with a big bag of money.

What do you fear and when were we ever done any favours?

Integrity.......please????

When there is cold hard cash involved, then integrity gets left at the door along with candour and virtue.

Don't make this some type of noble crusade. There are no good guys or bad guys here. Just rich guys and poor guys. It's the way of the world......always has been, always will be.

A lot of folk will talk about revolution and what happened to the previous board. How was that resolved again? That's right, a wee man came along with a big bag of money.
Aye but that wee rich man collected a whole heap of hard cash and though he left even richer than when he arrived he also stood up when he saw Celtic wronged. Not sure he'd have stopped at one letter to the SFA. You can get rich on the back of this club and still fight our corner.

Aye but that wee rich man collected a whole heap of hard cash and though he left even richer than when he arrived he also stood up when he saw Celtic wronged. Not sure he'd have stopped at one letter to the SFA. You can get rich on the back of this club and still fight our corner.
Aye, but it was that wee man and no the advocates of revolution that determined Celtic's fate.

The fans contributed in the shares issue, but however much we pissed and whined, it still took a man with deep pockets to prevent foreclosing.

That is it entirely in a nutshell...........you can't change history. Celtic were hours from extinction and it was money alone that saved us.

There should be a fight, but we're tilting at the wrong windmills. Everybody's too busy scoring points off of each another, that the real enemies are standing in the dark recesses pissing themselves laughing.

Celtic play football under the auspices of the SFA (and UEFA by proxy). It's their lack of wherewithal that's the major fucking issue here, but if anybody has the weaponry at hand to induce change at that level, then I'm all fucking ears on the subject.

Aye, we all get that Shammy but some of us think that the board should have fought the good fight.....so to speak
They haven't, so does that mean you are no longer a Celtic supporter? Are the whiners giving away their Season Tickets? Well there's a bloody big queue of folk that would gladly step in and snap up the chance of seeing the Treble Treble winners playing at Paradise.
I get that folk aren't happy with the Res 12 situation but everyone to a man (and woman) that posted on here regarding the issue already knew that the board would give it the big elbow. I'm not happy about the situation either but I knew the issue would be fudged by Celtic because they don't have the stomach for a fight and we've seen this over and over again with different matters, e.g. MIBS. There's precious little we can do about it but that won't stop me eating, living, and breathing Celtic, Scotland's most successful football club that doesn't live hand to mouth and doesn't depend on bigotry to fund a shower of brown-brogued, Masonic, goatherders.

Mon the Feyenoord.

Aye, but it was that wee man and no the advocates of revolution that determined Celtic's fate.

The fans contributed in the shares issue, but however much we pissed and whined, it still took a man with deep pockets to prevent foreclosing.

That is it entirely in a nutshell...........you can't change history. Celtic were hours from extinction and it was money alone that saved us.

There should be a fight, but we're tilting at the wrong windmills. Everybody's too busy scoring points off of each another, that the real enemies are standing in the dark recesses pissing themselves laughing.

Celtic play football under the auspices of the SFA (and UEFA by proxy). It's their lack of wherewithal that's the major fucking issue here, but if anybody has the weaponry at hand to induce change at that level, then I'm all fucking ears on the subject.
The advocates of revolution left the board vulnerable by shining a light and making it public, that afforded the opportunity for the wee man to bring the money and although money was 100% vital so was the make-up of the man. Those advocates also bought shares amongst all the other ordinary men and women. The initial £1m was put up by John Keane. With a loose coalition of Fergus, Brian Dempsey, John Keane, Eddie Keane, Jack Flanagan and Michael McDonald. The only thing they had in common was a love of Celtic so yes it took Fergus money but those men had varying degrees of wealth, some of them bugger all, they all brought something to the party, but one thing in common. Celtic. Money and a love for the club doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. It wasn’t then and it needn’t be today and that’s not changing history, its saying yes it took money but there was an understanding of the club there too.

Fergus et al took on those enemies you talk of. Jim Farry would have been able to tell you that and the SFA pulled Farry out of there faster than you could say ‘he’ll squeal like a pig’ when he took the stand. UEFA would testify to it too with John Collins transfer. He’d have known he’d have lost that battle but fought it anyway as when you do that you send out a message that taking the piss will come with a fight.

Who knows what weaponry you’d need to induce that change? I don’t have money but I have a love of Celtic and I’ll put my head above the parapet and question things. I have a friend who works in the City he has more money than me and a love of Celtic. Much like Fergus, Dempsey, John Keane, Eddie Keane, Flanagan & Michael McDonald. Maybe somewhere there’s a group who might have money and a love of Celtic if they group their resources.

In the meantime I’d rather not just say ‘it’s always been thus’ I’ll just keep plugging away with my opinion and taking well-argued points like your own on board and add them to my armoury. This board do many things well but on this occasion I feel let down and I worry ‘the’ rangers will go bust and we have the same crew manning the ship.

Maybe they’ll hold the SFA to account and I’m jumping the gun, being reactionary. That’s possible but I feel scunnered about it, and I can’t help that. I also struggle to stay quiet when I feel like that.

There’s a song we sing
Faithful canny remember the rest
Our board yellow cowardly bastards what’s new. There’s no bunnet now.
but nothing stops me supporting this Club nothing. Our scarfs do not shrink to fit inferior
Necks( apology to Mr Stein)
Celtic Through and Through.
YNWA.

HH 🍀

There’s a song we sing
Faithful canny remember the rest
Our board yellow cowardly bastards what’s new. There’s no bunnet now.
but nothing stops me supporting this Club nothing. Our scarfs do not shrink to fit inferior
Necks( apology to Mr Stein)
Celtic Through and Through.
YNWA.

HH 🍀
I doubt there are many saying they are going to stop supporting Celtic over this surely? In fact is it not best to reafirm that support more than ever if you are disappointed in the running of things. You walk away you have no chance of influencing anything.

The advocates of revolution left the board vulnerable by shining a light and making it public, that afforded the opportunity for the wee man to bring the money and although money was 100% vital so was the make-up of the man. Those advocates also bought shares amongst all the other ordinary men and women. The initial £1m was put up by John Keane. With a loose coalition of Fergus, Brian Dempsey, John Keane, Eddie Keane, Jack Flanagan and Michael McDonald. The only thing they had in common was a love of Celtic so yes it took Fergus money but those men had varying degrees of wealth, some of them bugger all, they all brought something to the party, but one thing in common. Celtic. Money and a love for the club doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. It wasn’t then and it needn’t be today and that’s not changing history, its saying yes it took money but there was an understanding of the club there too.

Fergus et al took on those enemies you talk of. Jim Farry would have been able to tell you that and the SFA pulled Farry out of there faster than you could say ‘he’ll squeal like a pig’ when he took the stand. UEFA would testify to it too with John Collins transfer. He’d have known he’d have lost that battle but fought it anyway as when you do that you send out a message that taking the piss will come with a fight.

Who knows what weaponry you’d need to induce that change? I don’t have money but I have a love of Celtic and I’ll put my head above the parapet and question things. I have a friend who works in the City he has more money than me and a love of Celtic. Much like Fergus, Dempsey, John Keane, Eddie Keane, Flanagan & Michael McDonald. Maybe somewhere there’s a group who might have money and a love of Celtic if they group their resources.

In the meantime I’d rather not just say ‘it’s always been thus’ I’ll just keep plugging away with my opinion and taking well-argued points like your own on board and add them to my armoury. This board do many things well but on this occasion I feel let down and I worry ‘the’ rangers will go bust and we have the same crew manning the ship.

Maybe they’ll hold the SFA to account and I’m jumping the gun, being reactionary. That’s possible but I feel scunnered about it, and I can’t help that. I also struggle to stay quiet when I feel like that.
Niall, it bears repeating, but I'll repeat it anyway. The day we stop questioning things is the day that we just don't care any more.

It's not the questioning that is the issue for me, it is the basic fact that we always knew that certain members of the current board were/are driven by money, status and power.

Nothing has changed in that regard for almost two decades, but there are an awful lot of people acting as if all this is a totally new thing?

So in reality, what has actually happened here?

A noble effort by a dedicated group of folk was overwhelmingly rejected at the AGM. It wasn't marginal. It wasn't by the odd yay or any, it was by Secretariat measurements that the motion was rejected.

Then the Green Brigade got a skelp on the arse and kept in for the night. It's not a ritual slaughter, it's a relatively mild rebuke which they probably just about deserved for the pyro shenanigans, if nothing else.

And yes, the board have left a big dirty dollop of shit in the bed, but it's not a cardinal sin and at least they appear to be on some sort of notice.

Once you square the edges, these are not insurmountable issues. They are the regular fuck ups which occur in any family, any workplace, or any institution.

Perspective is the watchword in these recent events.

Niall, it bears repeating, but I'll repeat it anyway. The day we stop questioning things is the day that we just don't care any more.

It's not the questioning that is the issue for me, it is the basic fact that we always knew that certain members of the current board were/are driven by money, status and power.

Nothing has changed in that regard for almost two decades, but there are an awful lot of people acting as if all this is a totally new thing?

So in reality, what has actually happened here?

A noble effort by a dedicated group of folk was overwhelmingly rejected at the AGM. It wasn't marginal. It wasn't by the odd yay or any, it was by Secretariat measurements that the motion was rejected.

Then the Green Brigade got a skelp on the arse and kept in for the night. It's not a ritual slaughter, it's a relatively mild rebuke which they probably just about deserved for the pyro shenanigans, if nothing else.

And yes, the board have left a big dirty dollop of shit in the bed, but it's not a cardinal sin and at least they appear to be on some sort of notice.

Once you square the edges, these are not insurmountable issues. They are the regular fuck ups which occur in any family, any workplace, or any institution.

Perspective is the watchword in these recent events.
I hope you are right SP. I hope history does record it as a family dispute and I certainly hope the Board is 'on notice' as you say. That would at least be a start. Enjoy the game my man Hail Hail.

I doubt there are many saying they are going to stop supporting Celtic over this surely? In fact is it not best to reafirm that support more than ever if you are disappointed in the running of things. You walk away you have no chance of influencing anything.
Not to disagree with you, Niall, but that is exactly what some posters on here have been saying. I won't name and shame them but they must have taken the huns on here to the tickly bit last night. Well over 200 'guests' ffs.

Not to disagree with you, Niall, but that is exactly what some posters on here have been saying. I won't name and shame them but they must have taken the huns on here to the tickly bit last night. Well over 200 'guests' ffs.
Well I can't get my head round that at all Shamrock. 200 folk just hanging around for the next 'Box' raffle? Probably eh?

Why should we walk away from our club? Because who currently runs it? No fucking way. So we add to the problem by deserting our club? That's not the way to go imo. We Are Celtic. Not they cunts on the board. Us. You me, our families our pals, their families. We let them know we don't like how they are running it, fine. But hell will fucking freeze over before I let any of they bastards drive me away from what belongs to me, you and every other man woman and child on this planet who are Celtic.

And another thing, my dearly departed mother would come back and nail me to a fucking wall. It's our club. Never forget that. It might be run by cowards right now, but they won't always be. HH and COYBIG
Couldn’t have said it better myself Hail! Hail!

That'll be the same Mcdonald who was as happy as a pig in shit when sevco came into the league

Back