'The War is Over, the Rascals have Won' as Bankier says Res 12 'not in the interests of the company'

What do you fear and when were we ever done any favours?

Integrity.......please????

When there is cold hard cash involved, then integrity gets left at the door along with candour and virtue.

Don't make this some type of noble crusade. There are no good guys or bad guys here. Just rich guys and poor guys. It's the way of the world......always has been, always will be.

A lot of folk will talk about revolution and what happened to the previous board. How was that resolved again? That's right, a wee man came along with a big bag of money.

The quote without “fear or favour” is a direct quote from Peter Lawwell which he has used on numerous occasions in the press for effect.....I thought you might have known that.....I made the reference to it to highlight the sheer hypocrisy of his words.....as he clearly doesn’t practice what he preaches.....a simple analogy.....with no fear from my perspective attached whatsoever.....hopefully that makes things clear

My reference to “integrity” again highlights the sad disregard for doing what is right by our custodians and the lack of a semblance of truth along with it.....I expect those who are in a position of authority at our Club to have “integrity” and to display it.

An example.....when Peter Lawwell stated at the AGM that the matter in question was time barred by UEFA he lied.....there is no time bar when there is evidence of impropriety.....and that evidence is there and he knows it and so do many of us.

When you say there are no good guys or bad guys here.....I couldn’t disagree more.....that statement could very well be used to sanction the actions of people like Dave King......because for them it’s all about the money.....or as you put it.....the cold hard cash.....do we really want to be seen to accepting or condoning this type of behaviour as its the way of the world?....are we to be seen as accepting that money takes precedence over integrity?.....not for me I’m afraid.....I’m sure others will decide for themselves

Next stop Jerusalem 😁

The quote without “fear or favour” is a direct quote from Peter Lawwell which he has used on numerous occasions in the press for effect.....I thought you might have known that.....I made the reference to it to highlight the sheer hypocrisy of his words.....as he clearly doesn’t practice what he preaches.....a simple analogy.....with no fear from my perspective attached whatsoever.....hopefully that makes things clear

My reference to “integrity” again highlights the sad disregard for doing what is right by our custodians and the lack of a semblance of truth along with it.....I expect those who are in a position of authority at our Club to have “integrity” and to display it.

An example.....when Peter Lawwell stated at the AGM that the matter in question was time barred by UEFA he lied.....there is no time bar when there is evidence of impropriety.....and that evidence is there and he knows it and so do many of us.

When you say there are no good guys or bad guys here.....I couldn’t disagree more.....that statement could very well be used to sanction the actions of people like Dave King......because for them it’s all about the money.....or as you put it.....the cold hard cash.....do we really want to be seen to accepting or condoning this type of behaviour as its the way of the world?....are we to be seen as accepting that money takes precedence over integrity?.....not for me I’m afraid.....I’m sure others will decide for themselves

Next stop Jerusalem 😁
Nah Imatim, I'm not familiar with the quote, largely on the basis that I've used up my quota of 'giving a shit' for the last five-years and I'm half-past giving a shit about something that is outwith my control.

I empathise with your feelings re "hypocrisy", but that's a high bar for anyone to step up to in any set of circumstances. Hypocrisy is another familiar facet of the human condition and there aren't many folk who can say with good conscience that they haven't been culpable of being hypocritical at various times. But I've taken that out of context, so let's make the point relevant again. We don't know what circumstances were altered or were subject to change during Lawwell's tenure. Scottish football has always sailed on an uneven tide and that has been exacerbated by that mobs cheating and the legal implications. You state that he has "lied" regarding time barring. Impropriety isn't a crime in the traditional sense. Plenty of politicians, journalists, lawyers, etc act in bad faith, but it is not a crime in and of itself. It is the outcome of said impropriety which may be the criminal action and in spite of subjective evidence and what we have been told, Celtic cannot present a case without solid evidence of wrongdoing. Kelly mentioned it previously, any case being sought in legal theatres would be proposed by THEM - not us.

The statutes for presenting a legal case vary in different areas of law, but don't you think that a sizable chunk of Celtic's operating expenses isn't used to retain a legal team?

Hard, tangible evidence is required to build a solid case. We know what happened, but knowing what happened and PROVING what happened are two entirely different things. The law is not defined by what we think, like,for don't like, it is determined by legality/illegality and the production of evidence.

I don't want to inhabit a crooked world either, but take a good look around the globe and tell me that every political system, every legal system, every industrial complex, every international bank, every international money market, every religion, every tiny fucking corner of the world isn't corrupted by greed and doesn't take a pish on the wee guy?

You can't afford to be that naive, Imatim.........you don't have to like it, I certainly don't and I've got the P45's and the scars to prove it, but until such a day that there is a new Jerusalem, then we have to try and work bluffs with the hand we're dealt.

Forgot to mention, on the subject of UEFA........

If anybody is of the opinion that they actually give a shit about anything that doesn't involve them pocketing a huge bundle of cash, then I'm glad to tell you that the van will be along to take you soon.

This is a body that gifted a tournament to Poland and Ukraine based entirely on fucking gas money. This is a body which was headed by Michel Platini.......I rest my case.

UEFA have already passed on their responsibilities to member clubs by delegating local issues to the association or federation responsible for that region. They are not remotely interested in domestic matters which interfere with their efforts at making more money for themselves.

UEFA do not want to be scrutinised by law. They saw what happened when the FBI investigated FIFA and they learned to steer clear of bear traps and nooses.

Forgot to mention, on the subject of UEFA........

If anybody is of the opinion that they actually give a shit about anything that doesn't involve them pocketing a huge bundle of cash, then I'm glad to tell you that the van will be along to take you soon.

This is a body that gifted a tournament to Poland and Ukraine based entirely on fucking gas money. This is a body which was headed by Michel Platini.......I rest my case.

UEFA have already passed on their responsibilities to member clubs by delegating local issues to the association or federation responsible for that region. They are not remotely interested in domestic matters which interfere with their efforts at making more money for themselves.

UEFA do not want to be scrutinised by law. They saw what happened when the FBI investigated FIFA and they learned to steer clear of bear traps and nooses.

You make valid points my man.....although we have become accustomed to the devious machinations of those in positions of power and authority.....imo we need to challenge them when they cross a line.....Lawwell crossed that line for me at the AGM.....and I had always given him and the Board the benefit of the doubt until then.....but no more.....there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that fraud was committed and recent court transcripts support this assertion.....the Celtic Board were made privy to this prior to the AGM.....so there’s no excuse on their part.....when criminal activity is present there is no time bar on the subject matter.....Lawwell knew this and still proceeded to state to the AGM the matter was time barred.....not true.....I’ll need to pick this up later as I’ve run out of time.....I hope we can find some middle ground.....Onwards to Jerusalem 🍀🍀🍀

You make valid points my man.....although we have become accustomed to the devious machinations of those in positions of power and authority.....imo we need to challenge them when they cross a line.....Lawwell crossed that line for me at the AGM.....and I had always given him and the Board the benefit of the doubt until then.....but no more.....there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that fraud was committed and recent court transcripts support this assertion.....the Celtic Board were made privy to this prior to the AGM.....so there’s no excuse on their part.....when criminal activity is present there is no time bar on the subject matter.....Lawwell knew this and still proceeded to state to the AGM the matter was time barred.....not true.....I’ll need to pick this up later as I’ve run out of time.....I hope we can find some middle ground.....Onwards to Jerusalem 🍀🍀🍀
Imatim, I would be delighted to have voices like your own to query the boards actions and inertia.

They do need to be answerable and I also feel that someone, like yourself, would give them a fair hearing if they provided a reasonable response.

I'm a cynical bastard, Imatim...........my fear is that our board themselves are up to their ankles in the brown stuff over this and other matters. At this point, their level of exposure is quite low, but I don't think these types of folk get to the positions they are in solely on talent and ability.

Keep fighting the good fight, Imatim.........I applaud your efforts HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back