The weight of the 10.

Mickrick

I always thought this season was going to be tough & that the chips would be stacked against by outside sources before a ball was even kicked.Step forward the Scottish Government who bludgeon us in the media & we get a 2 game postonment for Bolingoligate.Same Government give our toxic neighbours a commendation for acting so responsibly & swiftly when 2 of their players ( who weren't gonna get a game this season ) breached the covid protocols.Police Scotland get in on the fix when they serve fixed penalty notices to Edmondson & Jones while no doubt telling all the first team regulars to get on their bikes but the other 2 players will have to be sacrificed as it makes good headlines for the rotten mob.Backslapping & knuckle crushing were the order of the day in the corridors of power as the bullet was covertly dodged.Then on the field of play we find them getting all the assistance they need to secure the result.I think they've had 10 penalties already this season with none given against them although on the day they got the 2 ridiculous hand balls at Fir Park, Motherwell were denied a stone waller.We've had 5 penalties given against us so far although it must be said, as we all know, our defence hasn't been at it's best.That aside it's now glaringly obvious that players in opposition teams who have an affiliation to the rotten mob will know the officials handling the game have the same affiliation.They know that will give them license to kick our players off the park with impunity.Instead of brandishing a yellow card in their direction, officials are more likely to think " gaun yersel son".With that out the way, my biggest cause for concern is that I don't recognise our team as the same team that thrilled us last season.What we did to Lazio last season was incredible & top of the group with 13 points beggared belief.Where is that team now.All the players are still there with the notable exception of big Forster but they're not the same team.We've all been perplexed this season at some of Lennys tictacs ( a doff of the cap to Celtic Ghostie ) but there's no way it can just be down to that as any tweaks he made last season including inspired substitutions invariably paid off. I'd hoped players whose heads were turned due to talk of big money moves during the transfer window would rediscover last seasons form when window closed but it hasn't happened.I'm now totally convinced that the main problem permeating the squad is the quest for the 10 because in spite of all they've ahieved, failure to deliver it will haunt them.I reckon that's the anchor round their necks.If our seasoned players are feeling the pressure then get some younger players into the side that aren't affected or caught up in the all consuming need for the 10.They only want to play & show what they can bring to the team.2 I would bring into the team in a heartbeat would be Soro & Connell & I wouldn't care what midfielders he dropped to accomodate them.Bill Shankly immortalised it when he said ' if you're good enough you're old enough'.Get them in because I have to tell you I watched the first half hour of their game against Benfica thursday night( I should poke my eyes out ) the very fluid 4 3 3 formation they favour will hit us like a tsunami if we don't get ourselves sorted out.Still got time & we've been further behind in previous seasons but rose to the challenge.HH

I always thought this season was going to be tough & that the chips would be stacked against by outside sources before a ball was even kicked.Step forward the Scottish Government who bludgeon us in the media & we get a 2 game postonment for Bolingoligate.Same Government give our toxic neighbours a commendation for acting so responsibly & swiftly when 2 of their players ( who weren't gonna get a game this season ) breached the covid protocols.Police Scotland get in on the fix when they serve fixed penalty notices to Edmondson & Jones while no doubt telling all the first team regulars to get on their bikes but the other 2 players will have to be sacrificed as it makes good headlines for the rotten mob.Backslapping & knuckle crushing were the order of the day in the corridors of power as the bullet was covertly dodged.Then on the field of play we find them getting all the assistance they need to secure the result.I think they've had 10 penalties already this season with none given against them although on the day they got the 2 ridiculous hand balls at Fir Park, Motherwell were denied a stone waller.We've had 5 penalties given against us so far although it must be said, as we all know, our defence hasn't been at it's best.That aside it's now glaringly obvious that players in opposition teams who have an affiliation to the rotten mob will know the officials handling the game have the same affiliation.They know that will give them license to kick our players off the park with impunity.Instead of brandishing a yellow card in their direction, officials are more likely to think " gaun yersel son".With that out the way, my biggest cause for concern is that I don't recognise our team as the same team that thrilled us last season.What we did to Lazio last season was incredible & top of the group with 13 points beggared belief.Where is that team now.All the players are still there with the notable exception of big Forster but they're not the same team.We've all been perplexed this season at some of Lennys tictacs ( a doff of the cap to Celtic Ghostie ) but there's no way it can just be down to that as any tweaks he made last season including inspired substitutions invariably paid off. I'd hoped players whose heads were turned due to talk of big money moves during the transfer window would rediscover last seasons form when window closed but it hasn't happened.I'm now totally convinced that the main problem permeating the squad is the quest for the 10 because in spite of all they've ahieved, failure to deliver it will haunt them.I reckon that's the anchor round their necks.If our seasoned players are feeling the pressure then get some younger players into the side that aren't affected or caught up in the all consuming need for the 10.They only want to play & show what they can bring to the team.2 I would bring into the team in a heartbeat would be Soro & Connell & I wouldn't care what midfielders he dropped to accomodate them.Bill Shankly immortalised it when he said ' if you're good enough you're old enough'.Get them in because I have to tell you I watched the first half hour of their game against Benfica thursday night( I should poke my eyes out ) the very fluid 4 3 3 formation they favour will hit us like a tsunami if we don't get ourselves sorted out.Still got time & we've been further behind in previous seasons but rose to the challenge.HH
Should have stayed for the second half MickRick they were fucking pish. Goldson bomb scare and the one dimensional Kent, Arfield blowing out his arse. Benifica Took the game to them with pace and exploited the gaps.

Great post Mickrick and like yourself I think the Ten is killing us 🍀 🍀 🍀

Members online

Back