There’s only one King Billy

Deepest condolences

In 1967 Glasgow lay broken , a dear green place in pieces ,only 20 years on from the near absolute destruction laid upon her .

As 7 year old , I was mainly oblivious, still to learn so much , so much I have also discovered was untrue , but that’s not for here .

Billy McNeill , ( et al ) signalled a new beginning, of hopes and dreams to a nation , standing humble yet undeniably proud on those cool white marble steps as the sun was setting in Lisbon, the second most important trophy in world football , but the biggest , was held in glorious glistening triumph above his head .
I believe to this day , he never fully understood the power , the enormity of pride and grace he bestowed on us all . He will now . It was in way a beginning of a life to me and so many ..one of my earliest , most profound memories.. I could say so much more , but not now ..

Requiescat en pace

Last edited:
Deepest condolences

In 1967 Glasgow lay broken , a dear green place in pieces ,only 20 years on from the near absolute destruction laid upon her .

As 7 year old , I was mainly oblivious, still to learn so much , so much I have also discovered was untrue , but that’s not for here .

Billy McNeill , ( et al ) signalled a new beginning, of hopes and dreams to a nation , standing humble yet undeniably proud on those cool white marble steps as the sun was setting in Lisbon, I believe to this day , he never fully understood the power , the enormity of pride and grace he bestowed on us all . He will now . It was in way a beginning of a life to me and so many ..one of my earliest , most profound memories.. I could say so much more , but not now ..

Requiescat en pace
Hail Hail U.G

Just read the family statement, what young folk never see or understand until they are old is how as every year passes, your many heroes start to dissapear. Suddenly your heoes are gone. Parents passing are a natural progression, their passing does not make you question things until your immortal heroes of yesteryear a gone.
Tomorrow at my spirit house I will light a candle for Ceasar may he win this fight.
When all your immortals are gone where will you be standing.
HH and keep the one and true faith

Members online

No members online now.

Back